The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,921 of 18,652
The new firware fixed some of the issue as I now have more files picked up on the card but funny they are in the directory of the sd card not on the album or artist chart except some of them. Weird close rot working right but still no cigar. Sounds great though.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #1,922 of 18,652
  Not against the venerable imod....
bigsmile_face.gif

Does the imod play 24/192 FLAC?  It wasn't mentioned on the RWA website.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,923 of 18,652
well, recieved my DX50 today ! - took about 40 hours from china to UK!!
First impressions are simply that this is THE best I have heard my music ever. I have been a fan of Cowon for a long time but the DX50 is in a whole different league! The sound is so wonderfully creamy and smooth but it just sounds so...right! I have played all kinds of genre and not once did i want to adjust or change the sound 
the sound = 10/10 for me. I am 100% happy with it

USB OTK - luckily I had a little adapter so now I have 8gb internal + 64gb sdcard + 32gb otk = 100gb :D

now then...the operating 'system'

Basically it is a joke! - it isn't buggy, its what I would consider a very early Beta - I think iBasso has a LOT of work to do here but Im hopeful they will sort it out - Even when it does work, sometimes its like unlocking a secret code on the control pad of a PS3 - as long as you press a 'certain' way sometimes things will work where they didn't before!!

192kHz ?? - I had 6 different albums loaded on a 64gb card and it wouldn't play them - it played them at a VERY slow speed which in the past indicates the card in question does not support that bitrate.
This is a worry because the payer is supposed to support audio UP TO 192. For me, it doesn't - anyone else have this issue?

Apart from these issues I am beyond happy with the price, quality and unbeatable sound. Initially I was listening through Grado GR10 IEM's. I was a tad worried because a lot of comments said the DX50 was a bit bright but I have the balance to be superb. Very mature and some how very grown up and professional!
Im now listening on Grado 325sri cans - I have to say I think the Grado sound and DX50 is a match made in heaven - I've never heard these cans performing so well! :D

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,924 of 18,652
  Does the imod play 24/192 FLAC?  It wasn't mentioned on the RWA website.

No, of course not. How could it. No it could not.

hahaha! i know right!

but well it isn't much of a hassle to me but like i said, if the step of "factory reset" is to only delete the .img, then users could simply delete it away... or maybe include coding for automated deletion after update.

I think only iBasso has the answer to that. It irritates me though as over the span of 3 days I needed to recopy everything into the DX50 twice, not to mention the slow USB transfer speed on the DX50.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,925 of 18,652
@SkyBleu, already try to unpack the update.img with cygdrive, do not work, it said "cannot execute binary file". Look like iBasso lock this update.img file.
I will try to acess the root, and try another method when my unit is arrived.

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1,926 of 18,652
It irritates me though as over the span of 3 days I needed to recopy everything into the DX50 twice, not to mention the slow USB transfer speed on the DX50.

how fast is it transferring for you? I'm experiencing 7~10MB/s of transfer from my computer to the built-in memory of the DX50

Also, i'm using this 3rd party application on windows called, "TeraCopy".

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,927 of 18,652
So far so good. 3rd batch DX50 arrived today.

Now I really need the microSDXC to arrive.

Maybe iBasso could improve also the "Library" navigation with Artist / Albums with the possibility to play either one album either the whole albums from one artist. I think it's much more efficient to go into albums from the artists list.

Plus it would be nice to get an option for turning the screen on when a button is pressed, like Play/next/prev or volume keys.

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #1,928 of 18,652
Those of you reporting hit & miss scanning, are your tags in order? Mine seems to consistently get them all, but that might be because I am very OCD about my tags - My year with the DX100 taught me that 
wink.gif

To get the music listed in the right order, you can use CopyInOrder.Instead of wiping your card and transferring all your music again, just create a secondary folder, like "Music2", and move all your files to that. Then use CopyInOrder to move them all back to the original folder:

For this to work, however, your tags and filenames need to be in order. Make sure all tracks are tagged with (zero padded) track numbers and that the file names start with that number - like this: 06 - Rock Your Heart Out.flac

This is actually pretty easy to do, using Mp3Tag. Load your files in Mp3Tag and use the Auto-numbering wizard to add the zero padding if needed: 

When that's done, rename your files - Don't worry, Mp3Tag can do that for you too:

It's not the perfect solution, but it's a solution that should hold you over until the DX50 can sort by ID3 tag 
beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,929 of 18,652
I'm also hearing some hissing in my unit but only in particular songs. Flac files produce no hiss whatsoever but some mp3 songs have hissing. I'm currently using Cosmic Ears BA4F Ciems. Is hissing attributed to bad quality song files or more of a hardware issue? I understand Soren stated it was a hardware issue earlier in the thread but I just wanted to make sure it was truly hardware and not due to bad quality songs. The songs I noticed hissing on was 192/320 kbps

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,930 of 18,652
Sorry if this post is a similar post to any other members posting but...

What is/are the reason/s to do a factory reset after each update? If it was ONLY to delete the .img file, we could jolly well delete it away manually via a computer, right?

A manual factory reset will remove any saved or cached items that might be left over from a previous firmware. Removing the .img file is an added bonus that saves having to hook back up to USB and subsequent media scan.

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,931 of 18,652
It irritates me though as over the span of 3 days I needed to recopy everything into the DX50 twice, not to mention the slow USB transfer speed on the DX50.

At least its only 8GB....I've stopped copying more than a few albums to it now... just using the SD card until we get a stable build.
USB speeds are no faster or slower than any other device for me

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #1,934 of 18,652
  are people exchanging their DX50 for hissing? I have hiss on all gain levels which I hate but I wonder if thats just how it is with my 4.Ai.  Anyone have any insight? I'd exchange it in a heartbeat if the new one had a black background.

Im not having ANY hiss issues, I havent heard any hiss at all. (although an mp3 will not be seen on my own dx50 :wink: - Im only playing 24/96 and some flac 16/44 lossless) .Im sorry to say you may well have a faulty unit? It would be easier if we could physically compare!  Also Im listening through Grado gr10's which are super sensitive.
 Sometimes with a very high quality unit / headphones a lot more is revealed than one may be used to. but it doesnt sound good - you shouldn't be noticing anything but blissful music...so i would return it
hope that helps?

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #1,935 of 18,652
Im super impressed that I can have a 64gb card AND a 32gb gig working through the usb !! o_0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back