The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,561 of 18,652
True but many will post on gear that they've auditioned opposed to actually owning. Plus taking into consideration preferences, experience, hearing-ability. It really makes wading through the impressions that much harder. It's pretty much always a hit or miss on this forum. Best to get a flame-retardant suite in such cases :).

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,562 of 18,652
It's just a list with no details included. It really means very little except to show one members preferences. No reason to get bent over it.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #1,563 of 18,652
  True but many who post don't own said gear to begin with. Plus taking into consideration preferences, experience, hearing-ability. It really makes wading through the impressions that much harder.

Yes, some people post with impressions and recommendations without having actually listened to the products, and some post in their profiles that they have owned products when they havent.

*Mr.Lee of course we all know from the proof of his posts and photos has owned nearly every high end portable, others cant be as trusted unfortunately.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #1,564 of 18,652
  Dear all,

I have just finally received my DX50! However I am encountering a few problems with it already.. :frowning2: I have also updated it to the latest firmware aswell.

Whenever I try to play a file, there is no music playing but a screen that says Ready with a picture of a disc in the album art.

How do I encounter this problem?

just to check, after updating did u perform a 'factory reset'? Either way try running factory reset again and it might solve your problem.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,565 of 18,652

Yes, some people post with impressions and recommendations without having actually listened to the products, and some post in their profiles that they have owned products when they haven't.

*Mr.Lee of course we all know from the proof of his posts and photos has owned nearly every high end portable, others cant be as trusted unfortunately.

In such instances I'm not so against this practice as long as you state that you've never heard it and give a link to where they can read up on the info (if you are meaning to be helpful that is). I've done this before where I've read up extensively on said gear and drew a correlation to what the user was looking for. Of course as I said in such instances I'd link them to the reviews and let them know I've never heard said gear just read up on it and let them decide if that is what they are after or not. I have to agree with you though on not owning the gear and making no note of that. It is misleading then.

Oh whatever lol. I was just chasing a rainbow as many do here at the time. Just followed my ears :wink:.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,566 of 18,652
I don't know how a car truly drives until I drive it. I would not give an absolute on the sound of something or put it into a hierarchy without actually hearing something. 

I have not heard the DX50 but I hope that it sounds better than the stock AK1000 because the stock AK1000 did not impress me. The highs lack and the transparency is wanting, IMO. I modified mine by getting rid of the 22ohm resistor and the sound improved, IMO, up to another level (whatever that means). I would still hope the DX50 is better than my modified AK100 but time will tell as I realize the DX50 will need time to form the caps and to do burning in (there are thermal changes to resistors and there are many resistor both on the board and in the chips). There is also a change from the traces and the board they are mounted on. (This is something supported by the likes of Quicksilver Audio and Cary Audio, who are very knowledgable). 

Hope to have a DX50 in a few days, who know out here in the bush of Alaska. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,567 of 18,652
  I don't know how a car truly drives until I drive it. I would not give an absolute on the sound of something or put it into a hierarchy without actually hearing something. 

I have not heard the DX50 but I hope that it sounds better than the stock AK50 because the stock AK50 did not impress me. The highs lack and the transparency is wanting, IMO. I modified mine by getting rid of the 22ohm resistor and the sound improved, IMO, up to another level (whatever that means). I would still hope the DX50 is better than my modified AK100 but time will tell as I realize the DX50 will need time to form the caps and to do burning in (there are thermal changes to resistors and there are many resistor both on the board and in the chips). There is also a change from the traces and the board they are mounted on. (This is something supported by the likes of Quicksilver Audio and Cary Audio, who are very knowledgable). 

Hope to have a DX50 in a few days, who know out here in the bush of Alaska. 

Never knew iRiver made an AK50? :wink:. On a more serious note. I have to agree I don't see what's all the fuss about the AK100 at all. Even modded it left me very much disappointed for what I paid... I sure as heck hope the DX50 would be better.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,568 of 18,652

just to check, after updating did u perform a 'factory reset'? Either way try running factory reset again and it might solve your problem.

Thank you!!

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #1,569 of 18,652

Never knew iRiver made an AK50? :wink:. On a more serious note. I have to agree I don't see what's all the fuss about the AK100 at all. Even modded it left me very much disappointed for what I paid... I sure as heck hope the DX50 would be better.

I fixed it. lol

I don't either and I hope the DX50 with some burn in time sounds better. I am sure iBasso knows what the AK100 sounds like. I know they used quality parts inside of the DX50 and the parts warrant a much higher price IMO. Time will tell. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #1,570 of 18,652
The format depends on the card type. SDHC cards are 32gb or under and uses FAT32. SDXC cards are 64gb or above and uses FAT32 or ExFAT but ExFAT is the default and is recommended. Formatting SDXC cards to FAT32 is a workaround required only for ancient card readers/drivers/firmware who do not natively support SDXC cards. (E.g. the one used in AK100).

For 64gb sdxc microsd cards to be used in dx50 or ak120, exFat is the way to go for faster access times and more stable operations.

Thanks mate for the detail info., is there a card recommendation in terms of compatibility?

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,572 of 18,652
Thanks mate for the detail info., is there a card recommendation in terms of compatibility?

For micro sd I have only sandisk class 10 cards and they never gave me any issues on my cell phones, cameras, camcorders, and now daps.

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,573 of 18,652
I was trying to find out number of card slots but havent seen anythihng concrete listed on web and no good pictures either!! Is it just the one external slot along with internal 8GB? And as it says up to xTB could I use a 128GB SDXC card......I think micro ones exist!!? Thanks.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,574 of 18,652
people here (including me) asked about pairing with headphones but for you guys who already have the DX50, talking about customs and stuff like that is much more interesting I guess :frowning2: well whatever, I'll ask again:

for anyone who has tried DX50 unamped with full size headphones, what are the better pairings?

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #1,575 of 18,652
I was trying to find out number of card slots but havent seen anythihng concrete listed on web and no good pictures either!! Is it just the one external slot along with internal 8GB? And as it says up to xTB could I use a 128GB SDXC card......I think micro ones exist!!? Thanks.

yes you could use 128 gb Micro sdxc. you could use 2tb micro sdxc cards when they are available :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back