The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #1,131 of 18,652
  I thought that beneath that temporary protector, there was another one pre-applied, without all that printed stuff...

oh well, guess I'll have to choose between dust and air bubbles or scratches....

This is mine with a screen protector that I made myself. Not too bad, no bubbles on the inside part and it works very well. However, I should probably get a higher quality one since it is already scratched... 

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #1,133 of 18,652
Always wanted to get DX100 for one reason to use it with my Shure SE535LTD. With DX50, my dream partially fulfilled and SQ is efforlessly good, only that I have to tame the high frequencies and boost mid frequencies a little, I'm still experimenting. SE535 is very interesting earphone, there was always love hate relationship, but I realized this thing is kind of beast, it scales well with good gear which is very dramatic you can obviously see the difference on your new gears, with my other earphones like PFE232 it is always subtle changes with different gears. Even change in eartips will reflect instantly in 535LTD.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #1,134 of 18,652
Just received:

Hi,
You can download the new firmware on our site after a few hours.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #1,135 of 18,652
I meant craps not caps. :wink_face:

I am glad you are getting more comfortable with the DX50. Seriously I may get one 1) as you said to add another dimension to listening experience 2) potential for mod after seeing those cylinders

With the DX50 and a silver LOD, I expect my lowly EX1000's treble sparkle will ignite a fire and burn my ears. But once I open the sh** and throw in some craps I firmly believe the brightness can be tamed from my experience with these ipods.

By all mean craps away! I am extremely happy you'll join the DX50 happy or sad family :wink: also glad you'll take the plunge with maybe some new kids on the block craps? let's compare dx50Mod, will you. :D

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,138 of 18,652
Im sure most here are aware of this but I'll say it anyway, one way to minimize dust when applying your screen protector is first take a warm to hot shower so it steams up the bathroom. After you're done, apply the screen protector in the bathroom.

Note: Do not get your DX50 wet. Do not take a shower with your DX50!

I wouldn't be surprise if someone here hasn't already attempted to shower with it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,139 of 18,652
...awaiting impressions on the new firmware with baited breath. Am ready to pull the trigger, but only once the bugs start getting cleared up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back