The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #931 of 18,652

The main difference is that iBasso are pretty open about what they do and about their spec. Maybe HiSound have changed since the early days, but they really blew it with the AMP3. iBasso really are on another level.

Hard to disagree on that point. Between hisound and ibasso's level of willingness to communicate, the difference is as different as day and night. In this aspect HiSound really do need to buck up. They should set IBasso as the benchmark in communications and strive towards that.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #932 of 18,652
  yeah; just experienced the channels being reversed.  I hope they fix this asap.  Kinda unacceptable to have the channels reversed

I've sent iBasso an email asking with a few links to people reporting this. If anyone has heard back from them regarding this please tell us. So does yours it just happened randomly does it? I am guessing it's not a hardware issue if it occurs randomly. It's something I would not be able to live with personally, well not without going crazy........

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #933 of 18,652

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #934 of 18,652
I've sent iBasso an email asking with a few links to people reporting this. If anyone has heard back from them regarding this please tell us. So does yours it just happened randomly does it? I am guessing it's not a hardware issue if it occurs randomly. It's something I would not be able to live with personally, well not without going crazy........

Yeah its random. Sometimes the song is fine... Other times it's switched.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #940 of 18,652
I received a reply back from iBasso (in good time I might add)

This is regarding the reverse channel issue people are experiencing. 

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We have noticed the reverced channels problem. We will fix this bug and release the new firmware in two days.

Sincerely

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #942 of 18,652
Seems they will be fixing all the bugs within 2 days. Not sure if that is true or just a crowd control response. Its a bit hard to believe they could fix all bugs in such a short time frame. With new bugs being reported almost everyday

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #944 of 18,652
If somebody experiencing track skips due to special symbols like ' in the title can get the id3 or metadata as an example off to ibasso they will have a look. I've been discussing this issue in particular with them and they're keen to resolve it. I'm at work now so cannot send an example unfortunately. Will happily forward the emails on if required

Cheers

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #945 of 18,652
for those who keen to bring spare battery and swap to your dx50 when the 1st battery run out....you will have the battery indicator display wrong battery status..and here is the replied from ibasso~

Hi,
The power management chip needs a complete charge and discharge cycle to set the battery indicator.
After you replaced the battery, the battery indicator is incorrect on the first discharge cycle. It would be corrected on the second cycle.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back