The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #571 of 18,652
  So I can confirm that the DX50 firmware is built on top of Android !

What I've found so far:

- If you turn it off and the press the power button and the volume up button for ten seconds it will go in recovery mode. (and the bootloader seems to be unlocked)
- then if you plug it to your pc it is recognized by ADB (Android Bridge Debugger from Android SDK) and you can run adb shell to access it.
- It's running a modified version of Android 4.1.1
- it's already rooted (busybox is present)
- The "player" seems to be called mango

I'll try to dump the complete Rom to see if something is feasible 
rolleyes.gif

Interesting find...

I wonder if its possible to add personal-made wallpapers/themes.. 

Let us know what you find, and if you find anything that involves images of the wallpaper and menu templates, do let me know!

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #574 of 18,652
After playing with the DX50 for 2 days, I have now sold my AK120.

It also look great in a stack (courtesy from a friend who is loving it with his International and 334) :

Don't get me wrong, AK120 still sound unmistakably better than DX50 (both standalone) to the "audiophiles", but the gap is small enough for me to part with my AK120 that I used for 4 months.

Wow sold the 120. kkcc what does it sound like amped?

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #575 of 18,652

Would you know where to buy one by any chance? 

cut one from some random phone protector. 
tongue.gif

Or do what I do, and use car vinyl wrap for the back of DAPs, because it feels nice and is fairly durable, as well as easily removable without leaving a sticky residue.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #576 of 18,652
  So I can confirm that the DX50 firmware is built on top of Android !

What I've found so far:

- If you turn it off and the press the power button and the volume up button for ten seconds it will go in recovery mode. (and the bootloader seems to be unlocked)
- then if you plug it to your pc it is recognized by ADB (Android Bridge Debugger from Android SDK) and you can run adb shell to access it.
- It's running a modified version of Android 4.1.1
- it's already rooted (busybox is present)
- The "player" seems to be called mango

I'll try to dump the complete Rom to see if something is feasible 
rolleyes.gif

Weird.
Didn't iBasso say that they wanted to stay away from Android after the DX100?

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #577 of 18,652
Sep 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #579 of 18,652

let's made adding poweramp player or neutron player possible :p

haha, yeah. A possibility! 

I'd say revert it back to stock Android, and we'll run our own players of choice on it, and for those who are picky about their wallpapers, which ever wallpaper we desire. *drools*

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #580 of 18,652

I'd say revert it back to stock Android, and we'll run our own players of choice on it, and for those who are picky about their wallpapers, which ever wallpaper we desire. *drools*

but this also depend what the CPU used on this dx50..if only single core...no point to run fancy apps :frowning2: as it will definitely laggggggg...

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #581 of 18,652

but this also depend what the CPU used on this dx50..if only single core...no point to run fancy apps :frowning2: as it will definitely laggggggg...

Touche...Hmm...If it's able to run the iBasso firmware, I'm sure if that one is deleted, one player from the Play Store, won't hurt? 
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #582 of 18,652
Cosmic I understand where you come from but you need to give AK/iriver credit also.

I respect and appreciate your comment on this. Let's agree to disagree.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now that you have sold your AK120, please share with us your next upgrade plan...
beerchug.gif
please please please tell us that the money is going back into portable audio gear...
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #583 of 18,652
The DX50 really comes into its own on Hi Rez files...... best is, the dac chip seems to handle hi rez files with ease, no extra heat that I have noticed and battery seems really strong.....................

So good I have ordered 10 units...hahahaha

Gotta pay now...

Where's kkcc???
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #584 of 18,652
  The DX50 really comes into its own on Hi Rez files...... best is, the dac chip seems to handle hi rez files with ease, no extra heat that I have noticed and battery seems really strong.....................

So good I have ordered 10 units...hahahaha

Gotta pay now...

Where's kkcc???
bigsmile_face.gif

10? What you gonna do with 10 different DX50? I know your daughter wants one after firmware updates but 10? lol

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #585 of 18,652

Doesn't stock Android audio drivers downsample all the hi-res audio to 16/44 or 16/48?
Then again, if we could install USB Audio Recorder Pro on the DX50, maybe we could have USB Audio 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back