The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Aug 29, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #18,406 of 18,652
You have the wrong cables. Digital Coaxial carries a single digital signal. You don't need to split it into left/right cables.

A digital coaxial cable looks like this:

http://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&fq=is_parent:True

Then you need the adapter to switch it to the smaller size that the DX50 takes. Don't have my DX50 coaxial cable around to look at the tip, but I think it's a mono 3.5mm jack? Sorry. Don't remember.

Or, this cable attached to the DX50 cable might work:
https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-feet-Extension-Cable-female/dp/B00RXNVU4C/

(not sure)

Thanks for your answer.

It is indeed a mono 3.5mm Jack on the Dx50. Unfortunatly, I couldn't find a mono RCA -> Jack 3.5mm cable, neither a Jack 3.5mm -> Female RCA mono adapter.

That's why I bought phono cables.

Do you have any idea where I can find proper cables?

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #18,407 of 18,652
Thanks for your answer.

It is indeed a mono 3.5mm Jack on the Dx50. Unfortunatly, I couldn't find a mono RCA -> Jack 3.5mm cable, neither a Jack 3.5mm -> Female RCA mono adapter.

That's why I bought phono cables.

Do you have any idea where I can find proper cables?

Try the M/F extension cable I linked to and use it with the digital coaxial cable that iBasso give you.

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #18,409 of 18,652
I've been a Doc's Ultimate Final Firmware user for the past year or so. Out of curiosity, I installed the new 1.9.5 last night and it's my new favorite. I listened to RAM last night (Archive Collection, Unlimited Edition) and it's fantastic. 3 Legs sounds like they're all playing right next to me. Gapless seems fine, but there's a stutter occasionally when I start a new album. It happens mostly on the new Radiohead album (the 24bit version) but I've heard it once or twice on other albums.

The sound quality overall from the DX50 has relegated my old iPod Classic to exercise duty (when it holds a charge, which isn't so much these days). I'd like to move on to the DX80 at some point in the future. We'll see.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #18,411 of 18,652
  Hi friends, wanted to share my new RIG.
I took the DX50 as source to run my big speakers and it sounds great. I used the 2  headphone amps which I have to boost the sound stage + volume.

source:  SX50 (flac files)  - > connected to Aloaudio's The National on high gain - > connected to jds labs C5 amp on high gain -> headphones out  connect to TOPPING 22 amp which connected to speakers.
see images.

Soooo...you are double amping...seriously?

Cheers.

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #18,414 of 18,652
I tested only 1 amp and wasn't satisfied with the sound stage result. than i added in parallel the next amp and noticed a much better sound stage and power ( not talking about volume).
there's no distortion what so ever.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #18,415 of 18,652
I'm having an issue syncing my RockBox'd DX50 with JRiver Media Center. I'm currently on JRiver Media Center 22 and any time I sync I still get duplicate files on my device. I often like to listen to albums at a time and the most recent one I tried (Florence & the Machine) all had duplicates in each of the folders for all 3 albums. The DX50 played the duplicates. Any suggestions other than completely reformatting the MicroSD and resyncing?

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #18,417 of 18,652
  I'm having issue playing a certain file on my DX50 running on the latest firmware. It restarts when I try to play a WV 2.0, 24bit/96 kHz file..what can I do to resolve this? 

I didn't even know DX50 supports wavpack.
Do you have any problems playing other wv files?

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #18,418 of 18,652
Quote:
  Our new Firmware release for the DX50: 1.9.5

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Support for ISO files.
2. In Directory view, allows the pressing of the thumbnail of folders for additional features.
3. Updated FLAC decode engine.
4. Updated WAV decode engine.
5. Updated DSD decode engine.

Here is the changes made on the new FW so there should be no issue or Am I wrong thinking that it should work?

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #18,419 of 18,652
So do you have any problems playing other wv files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back