The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 28, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #18,001 of 18,652
I updated to the latest firmware and I actually find gapless is worst than ever for FLAC.. going from song to song results in a short fade out of the current song and then a fade in of the next song.

Like Kressel mentioned I also find the last song of every album being cut off early, maybe 2 or 3 seconds before the end of the song.

I did not have such issues with 1.9.3 and to me gapless seemed to work fine then, I have tried factory resetting twice, and reinstalled the firmware once to no avail, anyone else having these issues?

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #18,002 of 18,652
Hello guys

I am trying to play music from dx50 dac on w7 computer. Everything looks fine, pc recognize dx50 on playback settings but I cannot hear the music from speaker. when I change settings to built in speaker mode it works again. what could be the problem?

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #18,003 of 18,652
About 2 hours ago I installed 1.9.4

Now importing playlists is worse than ever. Good grief. As long as the DX50 is around the iBasso team does not seem to get the single tick right. Most of the time the player takes a (') for a (`) (Apostrophe becomes a Grave Accent)....what a mess.

This FW does not even import the most basic playlist. To make matters worse (as if that would even be possible) after import the play starts a re-scan of the entire library.

Seriously? You gotta be kidding me. Even my crappy Samsung Galaxy II has zero issues with my playlists. Created with Foobar2000 not even the very old Cowon D2, which has poor playlist support, is this bad.

If the SQ of the DX50 wouldn't be so fantastic and if RockBox were not availabe - today would be the day to get into my car, drive into the wild and throw this thing into the swamp.

iBasso should be embarrassed by this to the point of no return.

I am furious, can you tell?

Cheers.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #18,004 of 18,652
Hello guys

I am trying to play music from dx50 dac on w7 computer. Everything looks fine, pc recognize dx50 on playback settings but I cannot hear the music from speaker. when I change settings to built in speaker mode it works again. what could be the problem?

You have to make a double click on the image of speakers in the right-left bottom corner of speaker and choose dx50

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #18,005 of 18,652
1.9.4 not my cup of tea
confused_face_2.gif
, went back to 1.9.3

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #18,006 of 18,652

Now importing playlists is worse than ever. Good grief. As long as the DX50 is around the iBasso team does not seem to get the single tick right. Most of the time the player takes a (') for a (`) (Apostrophe becomes a Grave Accent)....what a mess.

This FW does not even import the most basic playlist. To make matters worse (as if that would even be possible) after import the play starts a re-scan of the entire library.

Seriously? You gotta be kidding me. Even my crappy Samsung Galaxy II has zero issues with my playlists. Created with Foobar2000 not even the very old Cowon D2, which has poor playlist support, is this bad.

If the SQ of the DX50 wouldn't be so fantastic and if RockBox were not availabe - today would be the day to get into my car, drive into the wild and throw this thing into the swamp.

Cheers.

I will pass on your information to the SW team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 29, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #18,007 of 18,652
I'm really digging the 1.9.4 sound! I didn't like 1.9.3 at all because it lacked emotion to my ears.

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #18,009 of 18,652

Cheers.

FlacFan:
Does Rockbox overcome your utility issues (playlists etc..) ?
Has Rockbox worked with the firmware changes ?

I am looking to replace my ipod classic. For all it's sound limititaions, it can be expanded pretty easily to 512gb and has a pretty good battery life. Rockboxed I can now play flac.

The latest DAPS seem to all sound superior to the ipod, but the battery life and software seem to be severly lacking.

Your response will be the tipping point for getting a DX50

Now days I'm reading all

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #18,010 of 18,652
  FlacFan:
Does Rockbox overcome your utility issues (playlists etc..) ?
Has Rockbox worked with the firmware changes ?

I am looking to replace my ipod classic. For all it's sound limititaions, it can be expanded pretty easily to 512gb and has a pretty good battery life. Rockboxed I can now play flac.

The latest DAPS seem to all sound superior to the ipod, but the battery life and software seem to be severly lacking.

Your response will be the tipping point for getting a DX50

Now days I'm reading all

No issues regarding playlists in RockBox. You can even have a dual boot version. Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx50-dual-boot-with-stock-firmware

The only real drawback with RB is that it down samples hires files.

Again, the DX50 is an awesome player. Even with stock (Mango) the sound is very very good.

If you read this thread and others, you will find three things complained about the most:

1. Gapless
2. Replay gain support
3. Playlists

Cheers.

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #18,011 of 18,652

No issues regarding playlists in RockBox. You can even have a dual boot version. Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx50-dual-boot-with-stock-firmware

The only real drawback with RB is that it down samples hires files.

Again, the DX50 is an awesome player. Even with stock (Mango) the sound is very very good.

If you read this thread and others, you will find three things complained about the most:

1. Gapless
2. Replay gain support
3. Playlists

Cheers.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will order in the next few days.

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #18,012 of 18,652
I have been using my Chord Mojo dac/amp with the DX50. After upgrading to firmware V1.9.4 I noticed that when playing some 24bit/352khz wav files the output format had changed to 24bit/88khz according to the sample rate light on the Mojo from 24bit/176khz under V1.9.3. 

Anyone else notice this?

Nothing is mentioned in the readme  file.

I noticed the same change on my DX90 with the latest firmware.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #18,015 of 18,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back