The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 20, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #17,837 of 18,652
@daveros

I see some suggestions where you didn't reply to with results ..

take on a song that you're sure stutters, put it alone on the sdcard.

if still stutter, try putting it alone on the internal memory.

if still stutters try to empty the tags, if still stutter then i think some one should try the song for you.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #17,838 of 18,652
I don't think it is his files. I have this problem when I install a new firmware. Then once I have listened to all of my music a couple of times it seems to stop... I have tried letting it auto turn off yet. I think it is because my SD card is almost completely full. I didn't have issues until that happened.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #17,839 of 18,652

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Have you contact the seller you purchased the DX50 from? If you do not have access to the seller the DX50 can be sent to us for any repair needed. Our contact is service@iBasso.com.

The last thing you can try is the batch tool. There is a link on the first page of the large DX90 thread. There are also directions there for its use. The batch tool does not work with Mac computers. We want to make sure you are enjoying your DX50 so please contact the reseller first to try and get this resolved.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 20, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #17,840 of 18,652
I don't think it is his files. I have this problem when I install a new firmware. Then once I have listened to all of my music a couple of times it seems to stop... I have tried letting it auto turn off yet. I think it is because my SD card is almost completely full. I didn't have issues until that happened.

Agree with you. My 64gb sandisk also only have 500mb left, but no issue with skipping except after installing FW then somehow it just disappear. Like I state before maybe my self turn off is the key here, as I can't think of any action in particular that I did except for that.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #17,841 of 18,652
I had it too and it went away.
I know how he feels it took awhile for it to go away.
I had a few albums on the internal drive they played fine.
Put the SD card back in and did the "steps" it's been playing fine ever since don't know why.
Since move up to 128gb the 64gb was almost full so maybe that was the cause.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #17,842 of 18,652
I have a problem that started this week: I select an album from 'album' menu and pick the first song on that list, it goes into playback and plays only that song before jumping back to the first song of the first album in in list? I have done a HR, and the problem persists. Also, after it plays the one song it flashes the 'ibasso DX50' screen and then goes back to the first song.

Any clues?

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #17,843 of 18,652
  I have a problem that started this week: I select an album from 'album' menu and pick the first song on that list, it goes into playback and plays only that song before jumping back to the first song of the first album in in list? I have done a HR, and the problem persists. Also, after it plays the one song it flashes the 'ibasso DX50' screen and then goes back to the first song.

Any clues?

I am sorry you are having problems with the DX50. Have you tried reloading the firmware and then doing a factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 23, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #17,845 of 18,652

Yes - the problem persists.

My unit did something like this once. 

Connect DX50 to your laptop/PC then try deleting the '.album_img' file from both the internal memory and micro sd card.

After you disconnect rescan the card and let the database rebuild. See if this helps

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #17,846 of 18,652
OK, have a problem. Went from 1.6 to 1.9.3 followed all the steps and now when I power off and back on with the lock button on to get to the hidden menu the screen just shows locked. I now have installed the firmware twice with same result.

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #17,847 of 18,652
Hi guys, I'm not sure if it has alredy been said but the dx50 with latest firmware, setted as usb DAC  linux/mac now works on android as well!

I've tested on android marshmallow on stock nexus 5 , it's not a breaking feature but it has to be mentioned  
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #17,850 of 18,652

Hidden menu?

I have that only on a dual boot system. Rockbox + Stock 1.9.3 that is. I am unaware of a dual boot with SU 1.3.3 though.

Cheers.

I always had the hidden menu, All formats / Lossless / FLAC only / IRR Bandwidth / CPU performance menu You must set DX50 to LOCK and shut it down and boot back up with LOCK still ON. Actually it works with just switching LOCK ON before turning DX50 on also. No need to put lock ON inside UI and reboot.

Why I lost it when I installed 1.9.3, then back to 1.6 I have no idea.  Guess I'll see how SU 1.3.3 sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back