The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 25, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #17,776 of 18,652
Hey guys,this isn't really a bug in the firmware but maybe someone had pointers for when I own my Dx50 to look around for loose connections.

The screen on it sometimes goes off colored but still readable, sometimes the screen color is fine but the screen is all garbled. However when the screen is garbled and you push on the upper left of the screen it clears up. Soon as you let go, back to garbled. Sometimes it fixes itself for a bit then back to garbled.

I'm hoping it's a loose connector because it's still working really great sound wise. Suggestions, tips, etc welcome!

Running mango

Hey guys just quoting this here to get more exposure. Looking for some help/suggestions on a malfunction. Thanks in advance!

Also my Dx50 is well passed it's warranty period so looking to fix this myself.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #17,777 of 18,652
I actually have both the physical popping sounds as well as loud audible pops in my ears when my device powers on.

It's pretty inconvenient to unplug my earphones every time I power the device on (I use auto power off to save battery), so now for on the go use I use a FiiO X5 2nd Gen. I still enjoy my iBasso unit for plugging into speaker systems, car audio, etc. but it's not my main device anymore at this moment.

Luckily, the FiiO unit doesn't have either noises for some reason. I guess paying $150 more gives you that luxury.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #17,779 of 18,652

This is how my screen appears 80% of the time. It used to be 30% of the time but it's gotten worse over a month. Still usable if I press the screen on the right side but I'd like to fix it.

Oh yeah, this happens to me from time to time; the screen stops displaying colors properly, with results ranging from a completely blueish tint to a scrambled mess of pixels. Resetting the player always fixes this for me, but it is a bit puzzling as to why this happens.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #17,780 of 18,652
Resetting to factory?

Can someone confirm this fix before I jump on the factory reset setting?

Oh yeah, this happens to me from time to time; the screen stops displaying colors properly, with results ranging from a completely blueish tint to a scrambled mess of pixels. Resetting the player always fixes this for me, but it is a bit puzzling as to why this happens.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #17,781 of 18,652
Resetting to factory?

Can someone confirm this fix before I jump on the factory reset setting?

No, not a factory reset, but a long press of the power button of ~8 seconds I believe. Your libraries will be unchanged.

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #17,786 of 18,652
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding usind DX50 as external DAC. I am listening to music from foobar2000 in Wasapi mode, using DX50 as DAC and plugging my HD650s directly into the headphone out of DX50. With a setup like this, how should I control volume? Should I keep foobar2000 at maximum and adjust volume on DX50? Or is it the other way?

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #17,788 of 18,652
  Hi

Can the line out be used for headphones? Any risk?

I actually used to do this all the time with no problems; the end result is that there is no static or hiss in the background.

The downside to it however is that with most earphones, you will hear distortion may not like the sound of it. The distortion can prove to be "coloring" in a positive way for some earphones, but for others, it's best to avoid heavily distorting your sound output in such a way.

I find that with my GR07's through line out I can hear significantly much more sibilance, but with my Fidue A83, I actually can't even tell the difference. YMMV.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #17,789 of 18,652
Guys, excuse me for my ignorance, but i'm a total noob :) Someone could explain to me how to use DX50 as DAC Usb for PC? I'd like to improve earphone sound and power when i use the PC, which is very very poor with the integrated audio card. How do i have to proceed? I have Windows PC with win7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back