The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #17,431 of 18,652
Coil im using iem TDK ie800 sound is excellent with this iem.
Anyone else using this iem with the DX50.
So to sum up for me on Coils recommendation i tested first SU 1.3.3 and then worked my way around alot of FW back to the start but with SU 1.4
Its stable as well and IMO sounds great.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #17,432 of 18,652
Those who really crave SUEX sound... only other way to get "same" sound is to change HO/LO capacitors to Vishay 038RSU series. That was closest configuration to SUEX while using neutral/balanced and open sounding FW like SU 1.3.3 imo.

Btw, I`m opening up my dx50 again soon to change some decoupling caps and probably HO opamps too.
I will stay on SU 1.3.3 and keep Panasonic FCs because imso they are best I`ve used and I really like that combination.
I`ll hear soon what other upgrades will bring ;P

How is the Vishay compared to the Panasonic when it comes to sound signature?

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #17,433 of 18,652
I would say littlebit more fuller/dynamic/powerful and slightly more "mid" oriented but still has "same" soundstage/imaging and detail compared to FC. FC is more neutral/balanced open sounding. I actually suspect Vishays are something similar as babs is describing POSCAP in his last caps review. Unfortunate that he didn`try those also. It was quite hard to decide between FC and Vishay but since Fidelio X1 already are pretty powerful/dynamic then I chose more balanced neutral option. If someone is going to change caps, then I highly recommend to try FC, VishayBC and POSCAP before deciding because there are ppl gear/taste/hearing etc. differences and there`s no "best" capacitor, only 3-4 best choices.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #17,434 of 18,652
Where are these SU versions and such. Im looking at the OP and cant see 1.3.3 or 1.4 and the changes made. It would be good to have these in the OP so we can keep record of these.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #17,435 of 18,652
It'd be nice if there was a separate thread for alternative firmwares with links to them in the first post.

For people like me who are only interested in the latest original firmware (it is the thread title, after all) or the Rockbox port (which has its own thread), the signal to noise ratio here is quite low.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #17,436 of 18,652
I would say littlebit more fuller/dynamic/powerful and slightly more "mid" oriented but still has "same" soundstage/imaging and detail compared to FC. FC is more neutral/balanced open sounding. I actually suspect Vishays are something similar as babs is describing POSCAP in his last caps review. Unfortunate that he didn`try those also. It was quite hard to decide between FC and Vishay but since Fidelio X1 already are pretty powerful/dynamic then I chose more balanced neutral option. If someone is going to change caps, then I highly recommend to try FC, VishayBC and POSCAP before deciding because there are ppl gear/taste/hearing etc. differences and there`s no "best" capacitor, only 3-4 best choices.

Does the Vishay have fuller bass?

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #17,439 of 18,652
Works great. And now we got more output modes and not just 44.1/16 and 48/16.
Kernel Streaming also works without bsod again. I like this driver.
Looks like it even is signed now and does not require testsigning anymore.
Everything sounds awesome.

The only thing missing is a working linux driver but some minutes ago they said on their facebook page that they are working on it.
So hopefully the next firmware will have linux support.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #17,440 of 18,652

Works great. And now we got more output modes and not just 44.1/16 and 48/16.
Kernel Streaming also works without bsod again. I like this driver.
Looks like it even is signed now and does not require testsigning anymore.
Everything sounds awesome.

The only thing missing is a working linux driver but some minutes ago they said on their facebook page that they are working on it.
So hopefully the next firmware will have linux support.

Good to know. About Linux and Mac they said it will come with next FW and works without driver but only 44.1Khz (or 48khz) is supported I think.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #17,442 of 18,652
rly? Gotta try later. Thanks for those who were "beta testers" :wink:

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #17,443 of 18,652
Hi DX50 users, recently i am realising that there is a slight channel imbalnce in the dx50 i was using for about a year. The left right balance setting is set to equilibrium and i tried to reset and reinstalling the firmware etc whatever i could but seems like they all dont work. Anyone encountered the same problem? 

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #17,444 of 18,652
Hmmm... I wonder if capacitors (gone bad/ over lifetime) can cause this? If You have warranty, send it to iBasso, if not, changing capacitors would be one thing to try maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back