The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
May 7, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #16,951 of 18,652
  Paul...

Will there be support for files with embedded cue?

I do not understand your question. The cue is in the files. Can you clarify what you mean?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 7, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #16,952 of 18,652

I do not understand your question. The cue is in the files. Can you clarify what you mean?

I have a lot of single-flac files that have a cuesheet embedded into the files, meaning I don't need to have a separate file for a cue sheet. But, if I want to play them on my iBasso DX50, I have to create a separate cue sheet in order for it to work, which is frustrating and time consuming.

So what I'd like to know is if the iBasso DX50 firmware will be able to support single-file FLACs that can play individual tracks without the need for a separate cue sheet.

May 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #16,953 of 18,652

I have a lot of single-flac files that have a cuesheet embedded into the files, meaning I don't need to have a separate file for a cue sheet. But, if I want to play them on my iBasso DX50, I have to create a separate cue sheet in order for it to work, which is frustrating and time consuming.

So what I'd like to know is if the iBasso DX50 firmware will be able to support single-file FLACs that can play individual tracks without the need for a separate cue sheet.

Good luck with that.

It stop recognizing WMA with the new upgrade on my DX50
I love the sound of 1.9.2 but the other issue made me go back to 1.6., it kills me it jumps when having set to go in order.

IBasso I know your working on another FW and I believe its all going to work out
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #16,954 of 18,652
My DX50 is totally useless.  After attempting a software update, it is locking on the recovery system screen,  Hangs on update system.  Computer cant find it.  Sticks on this screen every time.  Tried several times.  Removed battery, tried hard reset, always comes back to this screen.  Frustrated.

May 8, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #16,955 of 18,652
Use RKBatchTool under windows system! DX50 is very hard to brick, if not impossible!

May 8, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #16,956 of 18,652
  My DX50 is totally useless.  After attempting a software update, it is locking on the recovery system screen,  Hangs on update system.  Computer cant find it.  Sticks on this screen every time.  Tried several times.  Removed battery, tried hard reset, always comes back to this screen.  Frustrated.

The only time I were able to brick my DX50 was from Rockbatchtool (the screen is black when you turn it on, not even recovery), and I were able to restore it from Rockbatchtool. The thing is you need windows XP for it to work (tried it on Windows 7 but it doesn't work on some version, and remember to run in administrator). 

May 8, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #16,957 of 18,652
RKBatchTool worked ok with my W7x64Ultimate. 

May 9, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #16,958 of 18,652
Hello Guys,

I tried to upgrade my version of Rockbox : my DX50 is now useless, as PhotoHead's.

I made a "wipe date/factory reset", and now when i power up the device, i have this screen with strange definition and no refreshing.

http://hpics.li/38694ef

Is it desperate ? Any chance with RKBatchTool ?

May 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #16,959 of 18,652
RKbatchtool doesn't work for me running Windows 8.1. I have to use my laptop with a linux OS to do it.

May 15, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #16,960 of 18,652
Since upgrading to the latest FW, my DX50 no longer outputs 176KHz files via SPDIF.

Such is progress...:mad:

May 16, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #16,962 of 18,652
And gapless still doesn't work.

How hard can it be?

May 16, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #16,963 of 18,652
Since upgrading to the latest FW, my DX50 no longer outputs 176KHz files via SPDIF.

Such is progress...
mad.gif

I reported this to the SW team the other day.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 16, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #16,965 of 18,652
And gapless still doesn't work.

How hard can it be?

Well, assuming this isn't a rhetorical question, there's two complications.

The first is decoding formats that have chunks with a fixed number of samples. When the audio for the last chunk has less samples than are required for it, it's padded with silence. Using MP3 as an example, this can be overcome when encoding with LAME, which stores padding information in the Xing header, but it still has to be handled in the codec.

The second is when you are supporting the native sample rate and depth of the source file in the output stage, you have to be prepared for a switch in the format of the output audio stream between files. This switching may introduce latency, and if poorly coded, might be happening even if consecutive files are the same format.

Edit: I forgot another complication, you also have to implement a FIFO buffer between the codec and output stream, to smooth over delays opening and processing the header of the subsequent file. This buffer also needs to be able to flush itself when a user-initiated change happens upstream (ff, rew, skip etc), or you'll get complaints about the response time. The buffering time also need to be taken into consideration when send file change details to the UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back