The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #16,351 of 18,652
Well, seems You just enjoy littlebit warmish sounding DAC`s more, nothing wrong in that.
Now, if You want even more neutral and detailed sound than in stock and different sound options (intimate or large soundstage) - You should try Sound unlocked 1.3.3 firmware :wink:

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #16,353 of 18,652
Hi guys,

was wondering if anyone noticed that DOC has a new FW out:
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139417&p=1589298&viewfull=1#post1589298

Anyone have tried it already? I really would like to know what are the improvements over the other versions, without having to do extensive experimenting (maybe the highs were tamed a little bit in comparison with previous versions?).

Thanks in advance for your input!

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #16,354 of 18,652
was wondering if anyone noticed that DOC has a new FW out:

According to its decsription, it was intended not for the stock DX50, but for modded DX50. That mod (called MDM there) even included an additional board to replace the stock componets.

Also, note one of the recommendations from the original description: to make more than one factory reset if you are not satisfied with the sound. Don't ask me why
eek.gif

The core of this firmware is DX50 1.5.0, Mango player was taken from DX90 2.0.5.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #16,355 of 18,652
Thanks for the info.
Not knowing russian (translator does not help that much), I was a little lost.
So the last DOC version for the stock DX50 is the same that has been talked extensively around here I guess (new favorite final).
I really like SU 1.3.3, but the only thing that bugs me of it is the inability to play gapless (I know DOC's FW can do it, but the last favorite version I tried was a little to bright for my taste (highs get a little tiring/annoying after a while)).

Regards!

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #16,356 of 18,652
  That mod (called MDM there) even included an additional board to replace the stock componets.

Can You please link this mod with more info?

...but the last favorite version I tried was a little to bright for my taste (highs get a little tiring/annoying after a while.

I had same problem. It sounded fantastic but littlebit too much highs caused fatigue. I decided to stay with SU 1.3.3 @ flac/iir off/cpu default and loving how it sounds with capacitor upgrade! Thought about upgrading other components too but I really feel/hear absolutely no need for it with SU 1.3.3 + Panasonic FC caps
atsmile.gif
I just don`t know what to wish for more from SQ with the gear I have.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #16,357 of 18,652
Hello Everybody - I have two questions about the DX50, and any personal experiences you could share would be most appreciated. One is the performance of the shuffle mode. I use shuffle mode exclusively on my Zune HD. It's just ok. It definitely replays some songs more often. How does the DX50 do? Secondly, I tend to replay a song I haven't heard in awhile. Does the back button replay the song you are hearing, or does it play something completely different?

Many thanks,

Sven

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #16,358 of 18,652
Feb 16, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #16,359 of 18,652
Coil,

since we are talking about SU 1.3.3 again, how much difference is there between FLAC mode and Lossless mode? I know FLAC mode is supposed to be superior; but I ask, because I have some DSD albums and APE files, which I would like to play eventually. How dramatic is the change between both modes?

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #16,361 of 18,652
  Coil,

since we are talking about SU 1.3.3 again, how much difference is there between FLAC mode and Lossless mode? I know FLAC mode is supposed to be superior; but I ask, because I have some DSD albums and APE files, which I would like to play eventually. How dramatic is the change between both modes?

I haven`t compared only Lossless vs. FLAC option sound change but as much as I`ve used it, seems to sound better than lossy and very good also.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #16,362 of 18,652
Anyone know how to get shuffle mode with an externally connected hard drive through the usb micro? I can access all the files via USB OTG and select a folder, but I cannot get it to shuffle all the songs on the drive. It registers only the songs in the internal memory.

Using 1.5 standard firmware.

Thanks.

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #16,363 of 18,652
  you have 3 option for buying case for dx50
1. silicon or jelly case
2. flip case
3. leather case

Can you give me the name or point me to a link of the flip case for the iBasso DX50 to which you refer in this message?  I have searched online and can't seem to find one.  I think I may have found a leather one, but I assume that you mean something different because you separated "flip case" from "leather case" in your list.  I want a non-leather case.

Thanks!

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #16,364 of 18,652
after using all the FW. i'm back on 1.6 for functionality. i message ibasso recently. they told me that they are trying to get a new firmware out before the 14th Feb. but it seems that it got delayed.
So i get a new firmware to look forward to... which is nice...

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #16,365 of 18,652
  after using all the FW. i'm back on 1.6 for functionality. i message ibasso recently. they told me that they are trying to get a new firmware out before the 14th Feb. but it seems that it got delayed.
So i get a new firmware to look forward to... which is nice...

This is great news, do you know any details about the new firmware. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back