The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 19, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #16,157 of 18,652
Probably no, he just did rockbox version of it. But I`m also hoping that one day...

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #16,159 of 18,652
Cita:

Iniciado por Scott, Blake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The playlist shows up, but there are no tracks in it. Dunno if its a dx50 thing or a Musicbee thing - can't look inside the m3u file to see what it actually contains.

Minitutorial.

First you have to consider a few things.

-Our DX50 only recognizes the format of lists m3u m3u or extended.

-Also do not understand the backslash (\) so you need to edit to change it to normal (/).

-Also Need to edit with wordpad or other similar directories when we import / export it lists any player from the computer to DX50, or vice versa.

Let's practice.

To make a list just press the icon on the [+] that appears in the top right of the main screen, while we reproduce the song you want to add. And so we add all songs.

Sorry but I have not seen another way of making lists, such as selecting songs in a list on screen or folders in one go.

In recent firmware you can create playlist from folders through contextual menu

The export is super simple and will not cause problems, simply press "music" and go to the Playlists menu, once inside we choose a list that we made prior to our player, we keep you click the icon on the left of name and from the context menu choose export and automatically have the available list in a folder in the root directory called m3u to take it to PC.

But first you should edit the "path" of Android (something like /mnt/ external_sd /), deleting it and wrote instead the drive letter that is giving us windows (eg as follows:. E: /). And if we do not have the wrong list available to play in any player from our PC, when we have the repro connected thereto.

To import is a bit more complicated. Basically because the different players of our PC not just make the lists, and DX50 is a bit fussy about the format of the lists.

I tried compiling lists with the following players and all worked, after editing course: Foobar2000, Jriver20, AIMP3.

Essentially what I've done in these "player" is to use the proper function of each to create lists and then save or export in m3u format. To make these lists have to have our DX50 connected to the computer and from the program choose the songs you want, that are within the DX50.

Then go to the directory where you saved (usually iBasso sd) and edit the directories for Android.

For example:

E: \ Music \ The La La.mp3

by:

/mnt/ external _sd / Music / La La La.mp3

Pay attention to you also have to change the slashes.

And that's it.

Yes, it's a pain having to edit a long list but what there unless there is a player that is able to adapt the list file to repro it is intended.

What if there is a program called Notepad ++ which is free and can make macros to automate certain tasks. I have it but still have not managed to make the macros I need.

Greetings.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #16,161 of 18,652
I thought you liked 1.3.3 better? And do you not like the Rockbox interface?

I think he and I meant the SUEX, the buggy one with warming-up time if I remembered correctly. Personally I had tried the RBSU but the UI is pretty darn hard to use coming from Mango. I couldn't even figured out how to play song by folders and how to get out of the Now Playing interface. I do see a lot of EQ option which is pretty nice but tbh I would rather the simplicity of Mango. And I was asking if Dmitry is interested in making a Mango 1.6 SUEX (ok I'm pretty greedy lol). Dmitry is literally my hero here :)

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #16,162 of 18,652

I think he and I meant the SUEX, the buggy one with warming-up time if I remembered correctly. Personally I had tried the RBSU but the UI is pretty darn hard to use coming from Mango. I couldn't even figured out how to play song by folders and how to get out of the Now Playing interface. I do see a lot of EQ option which is pretty nice but tbh I would rather the simplicity of Mango. And I was asking if Dmitry is interested in making a Mango 1.6 SUEX (ok I'm pretty greedy lol). Dmitry is literally my hero here
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm pretty sure his newest version of Rockbox is based off of SUEX. I know for sure it is based off of 1.2.2, just like EX.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #16,163 of 18,652
I appreciate that try tingis, I really do.

Holy cow, its beyond manageable it seems to make an external playlist.  The permutations and combinations that can make this go wrong are plentiful - where exactly do you place the m3u on the device (internal storage /album, internal storage m3u [which seems best] or external storage .audio data or music or top level folders of either the internal or external storage.

Do you need to change the drive letter to the drive letter that corresponds to the internal storage drive name when plugged into your computer or the drive letter to the external drive letter when plugged into your computer.  Do you need to have spaces between the already massive job of swapping out all the \ for /.  Do you need to put "external _SD" in front of every line.

I mean dang, if an m3u format that is supposed to be a universal format isn't useable, then we should just call a spade a spade and say it isn't.  One shouldn't have to learn an entirely particular cut and paste exercise everytime one just wants some new tracks.  Heaven forbid you wanted a few hundred 'lounge' tracks so you wouldn't have repeats during a party - it would take a couple hours to hand do that list.  Heck, it would be faster to use the internal search thing and hit the "+" over and over while painfully searching through all your music.

I can't believe its this simple.  The manual definitely doesn't allude to anything this complicated.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #16,164 of 18,652
I'm pretty sure his newest version of Rockbox is based off of SUEX. I know for sure it is based off of 1.2.2, just like EX.

Maybe I will try it out one more time now that I know I can unbrick this thing using RKBatchtool. Do you have any manual for the rockbox interface? It is really frustating to use for me in the first time that I didn't even bother testing the SQ knowing that I won't put up with it no matter how good the SQ is, and not to mention the nightmare of uninstall it at the first time. But there's always a first time I guess. I'll try to test it out more thoroughly once my finals are over tomorrow.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #16,165 of 18,652

Maybe I will try it out one more time now that I know I can unbrick this thing using RKBatchtool. Do you have any manual for the rockbox interface? It is really frustating to use for me in the first time that I didn't even bother testing the SQ knowing that I won't put up with it no matter how good the SQ is, and not to mention the nightmare of uninstall it at the first time. But there's always a first time I guess. I'll try to test it out more thoroughly once my finals are over tomorrow.

The theme that is pre-installed is easier to use than the regular one! medmitry picked a good one!

This is the manual for the D2 which the DX50 Rockbox is based off of:

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-cowond2/rockbox-build.html

If you have any questions I am more than happy to help! Just send me a PM if you get stuck.

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #16,166 of 18,652
Thanks for your tests, Koolpep, pretty interesting to read...

Quote:

Ok,

i will prepare the test, I have a meet with two other senior head-fiers on Friday so I will do the test with them blind :wink: Let's see what they hear.

We will have the following setup:

- DX50
- DX90
- X5
- AK100 Mk2
- AK100/Gloveaudio A1
- AK120
- HE901

I will install the SU 1.3.3 then and do a quick test now if I manage. 

Cheers,
K

That's sounds neat! I guess we will have a pretty interesting read!

Have fun and.. thanks!

:)

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #16,167 of 18,652

Probably no, he just did rockbox version of it. But I`m also hoping that one day...

Yes I do like 1.3.3 little more but since I had uninstall problems with 1.2.2 suex then I didn`t bother to do longer comparing but it sounded really good. Haven`t tried RSU 1.1.0 or RSU 1.0.0 yet because I`m still burning in capacitors. Will try those but nevertheless pre-installed theme, I still prefer simplicity of Mango UI. Fixed suex 1.2.2 would be easier and nice to test against 1.3.3.
But despite those few new SU FW`s I`m already really loving what I hear and highly recommend to upgrade DX50 capacitors if possible.

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #16,168 of 18,652

Yes I do like 1.3.3 little more but since I had uninstall problems with 1.2.2 suex then I didn`t bother to do longer comparing but it sounded really good. Haven`t tried RSU 1.1.0 or RSU 1.0.0 yet because I`m still burning in capacitors. Will try those but nevertheless pre-installed theme, I still prefer simplicity of Mango UI. Fixed suex 1.2.2 would be easier and nice to test against 1.3.3.
But despite those few new SU FW`s I`m already really loving what I hear and highly recommend to upgrade DX50 capacitors if possible.

How much does it cost? And is replacing the capacitors hard to do?

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #16,169 of 18,652
Check DX50 mods thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods 
Panasonic FC, Vishay BC 038 RSU are really cheap but Nichicon FG / FW are bit harder to get (at least in EU) and littlebit more expensive (still small cash). 
Panasonic FC LO + HO caps setup cost me about 3€ only. 
If You know what You`re doing, then it`s quite easy to do but if not sure, let someone with knowledge and skill to do it.
After testing and replacing HO capacitors there`s noticeable improvement in transparency, separation and micro-detail. Also bass/percussion kick/tightness is now as it should be (seems to be DX50 weakest point). If not using external amp, then I really recommend to consider this upgrade. Though, it should affect external amp also when changing LO caps (stock ones are quite ok, Nichicon FW, but recommend to test different ones, could also make good improvement). Stock HO Jovial caps are pretty bad sounding after testing many different caps, imho.

Edit:

Atm I am listening through The Mars Volta - De-loused in Comatorium and Frances The Mute albums (16/44 FLAC from personal CDs, EAC accurips) and doing A/B comparing with my Aune T1 setup.
I matched volumes, Aune T1 @ mid gain, DX50 @ mid gain. Switching blindly between them and I can not make difference! 

Aune T1 setup (PC > ASIO):
60`s Siemens E88CC (GØ 1≠ 6A, grey plates, o-ring getter, gold pins)
Headphone amp board coupling capacitors > ELNA SilmicII 47uF 50V
Headphone amp board rail voltage capacitors > ELNA SilmicII 470uF 25V
Secondary power supply capacitors > ELNA SilmicII 470uF 25V
Main power supply capacitors > Panasonic FR 3300uF 25V

iBasso DX50 setup:
Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 firmware @ FLAC-only / IIR off / CPU default / DF Slow roll-off.
HO capacitors - Panasonic FC 220uF 10V

Headphones: Fidelio X1 (with custom low-impedance OFC cable) and Xiaomi Piston v2.1

So, Aune T1 owners - if You want to go mobile, get DX50 ! 
wink.gif
 Though, tubes make different sound and some may not like Siemens E88CC sound signature (but it`s very highly rated).

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #16,170 of 18,652
Hi
Recently purchased iBasso dx50 after reading reviews on head-fi and was wondering if someone could help me...
When using in-ear headphones paired with my iBasso dx50 the sound is brilliant, but when I use my Grado SR 80's I loose a lot of quality. i.e.; specific instruments and sounds within the songs are simply not there.
Do I need to purchase a portable amp?
Any advice..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back