The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #15,751 of 18,652
  Are You using additional USB power for Your HDD (via Y-USB power cable)?

how about them plans for the upgrade then lol
L3000.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #15,754 of 18,652

how about them plans for the upgrade then lol
L3000.gif

Something like this cable should do http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-Male-To-USB-Female-Host-OTG-Cable-USB-Power-Cable-Y-Splitter-/121316245905

Basically, OTG to DX50, your drive to Female and the Male to a power source.

Zak

MMh really interesting 

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #15,755 of 18,652
Just want to ask for anyone using SU 1.40, anyone notice sometimes the overall volume is not consistent between different songs?
I listen mostly just MP3 320kbps. On SU 1.33, seems the overall volume is more balance and not differs much from one song to another song.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #15,756 of 18,652
I think it`s because 1.3.3 and 1.4 have different sound presentation. Latter one has more pushed into front and narrower soundstage what may cause such effect with some masterings. Not sure though.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #15,758 of 18,652
Today I have tested Fiio X5

I got an email from the store,and they told me that I can test the fiio x5,so I put some mp3 and flac files on a card and went to the store.tested both with my earphones denon ahc-300,ibasso with sound unlocked 1.4 and Fiio I think it had 2.02 fw.both of them with eq off.
First,I've played some mp3's using ibasso with irr on + cpu default.Fiio has little bit better bass,and kick,but it's not a day and night difference between what dx50 has.there is "more" on fiio than ibasso,but not so much in quantity,and nothing that I'm sure I can't get with some mods over the ibasso.Kind of liked how the voice sounds on fiio,more present,rather than dx50 which I find it somwere in the back and at a lower level,but not so much difference here either.Sound signature of fiio,seems a little bit more precise,and cleaner,little bit less treble,but there was something that I liked more at the dx50,and I can't explain.After all,I'm talking about fiio x5,and it seems normal to be superior to dx50,but,it's not really like that.there is a little bit difference in sound quality,but nothing that makes me want to change the dx50 over the fiio x5,and pay the difference!
For the flac files,I've used flac+ irr off+ default. here were less differences than at mp3 files.dx50 sounds really good wiith flac,and I really was not so interested in flac comparison.
What I did not liked at fiio is that stupid wheel.spend over an hour at the store,and really find it the worst part of the fiio.It was better with buttons,rather that wheel.so stupid that they did not use a touch screen.I think there are not so many people that find touch screen hard to use.
So,I'm going to mod the dx50,for better bass kick and I think there is kind of to much treble in dx50 somehow.when I raise the volume it seems that it dominates the track and drums are kind of left behind.
Reading the mod forum,at caps testing,I saw that you can get better bass and less treble by changing caps.So far CoiL reached that by using Panasonic FC,I think,and I'm really interested in his final opinion about these caps.Hope you'll describe better the differences between the stock jovial and the panasonic!

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #15,759 of 18,652
Hi, My iBasso DX50 has got into a bit of a state. I cannot play any music on it  as it complains of a database error so I thought I would just wipe all the music and do a factory reset and start again but  after factory reset music is still on player. Now my PC cannot recognise the SD cards no matter what I try, rebooting, system updates etc. Basically what I want to do is just get it back to the state the player was in when I took it out the box and then I will just start again from scratch. Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #15,760 of 18,652
Hi, My iBasso DX50 has got into a bit of a state. I cannot play any music on it  as it complains of a database error so I thought I would just wipe all the music and do a factory reset and start again but  after factory reset music is still on player. Now my PC cannot recognise the SD cards no matter what I try, rebooting, system updates etc. Basically what I want to do is just get it back to the state the player was in when I took it out the box and then I will just start again from scratch. Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Factory reset do not change the content of your SD card. How did you what you called 'wipe all music'? Usually it is not necessary to delete content on SD, just remove it as precaution, do the factory reset ensure there's no IMG file left on the internal memory then re-instert your memory card. Do a scan and all should be good.

No sure what you mean by your PC does not recognize the SD card? Is it while in the DX50 or using an SD card reader? If in the DX50, ensure in settings under 'USB Settings' you are in 'Storage' mode. If the error is while using a SD card reader, then ensure it works otherwise it may indicate issue with your SD.

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #15,761 of 18,652
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but I think the player has just got totally screwed. I synced a song on to the internal memory but even though it shows up in "my music" it will not play. On my PC now it looks like there are 2 removable disks!! I really just want to totally reconfigure the machine back to the way it was when I first bought it - eg just out of the box. I have nothing to lose because I only have one song on the player itself which will not even play, and my sd card is not recognisable. Is it possible to reconfigure it and just start again?

Thanks in advance

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #15,762 of 18,652
I would do a factory reset,without the memory card in it,and after that check it again.put an mp3 on the internal memory and see if it works.if not,I would reinstal the fw you have,make a factory reset after that,and again,put an mp3 on internal memory and see how that goes.after everything is ok,you can test the sd card.also,format the card if you have nothing to loose

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #15,763 of 18,652
I received my DX50 today morning. Have been listening to it all day. Installed SU1.4, SU1.3.3 ,Doc firmware and back to stock. For some reason I am not too excited to get it. Have been using J3 and hifime sabre dac before. For me DX50 sounds a bit hollow , and no dynamics. Not sure if I should give some time for burnin.
I used westone4 and gr07 for listening today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back