The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #15,571 of 18,652
I am still hoping that DOC will do NDFFFinal FW revision with tad smoother highs. Everything else sounds great with it.
If DOC won`t do it, then thinking about HO and LO capacitor changing to smoothen highs littlebit.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #15,572 of 18,652
  its funny tho we all seen to find firmware that we are happy with then we get the bug to change again
try the docs firmware too its great NDFFF see what you think .

Your absolutely right, up to now I have been content with Ibasso firmware but having now taken the plunge into alternatives I will have to try them all

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #15,575 of 18,652
I am still hoping that DOC will do NDFFFinal FW revision with tad smoother highs. Everything else sounds great with it.
If DOC won`t do it, then thinking about HO and LO capacitor changing to smoothen highs littlebit.
you do like that firmware and I think it's fantastic also I see what you mean with the highs tho
I had the same problem when using it with my Phillips x2 and my sen HD700
But when I switched to the shure se 535 they are spot on the money ,I guess because they are slightly rolled off at the top but my god they sound amazing with this firmware .

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #15,576 of 18,652
Just spent ages and £400 looking for a portable amp with balance, settled on Lehmann Traveller, now there is balance control on 1.6?? Arse !!!

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #15,577 of 18,652
One side of face does
bigsmile_face.gif
and other
frown.gif
....feel sorry for You.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #15,578 of 18,652
After a few hours listening to the latest firmware I must confess that I'm not that satisfied. Those cracks and pops are still there when skipping between songs. I thought they were gone. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that all my music -carefully ripped- is stored in a 32gb micro sd card. Maybe I should try to move some albums to the internal memory and see... In any case, until I get rid of those sounds I'm not happy. I can live with other issues but not that.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #15,579 of 18,652
After a few hours listening to the latest firmware I must confess that I'm not that satisfied. Those cracks and pops are still there when skipping between songs. I thought they were gone. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that all my music -carefully ripped- is stored in a 32gb micro sd card. Maybe I should try to move some albums to the internal memory and see... In any case, until I get rid of those sounds I'm not happy. I can live with other issues but not that.

i have never encountered that problem thats really weird , so it only when you skip tracks has anyone spoke about
this before on this forum .
let us know how you get on .

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #15,580 of 18,652

I am experiencing a similar problem, occasional skips, and pops(firmware 1.60 and previous firmwares).

I read online a suggestion to use a faster card, at least Class 10. One thing that I have tried, with some success, (I already have a SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 SDXC card) is to check the same file in Foobar2000, to see if it skips in the same place, and if not, to replace the file in my DX50. So far this has worked to eliminate skips. In my case it seems that transferring files from my PC to the DX50 is problematic. I need to look further into this.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #15,581 of 18,652
The card I'm using is a Trascend 32gb micro sdhc class 10. I've never had a problem with it. I think it's a fast card. I never experienced skips or pop sound in the middle of a song, only at the beginning of some tracks when skipping between songs. Anyway, I'll try storing a few albums in the internal memory to see.

I'm using AKG 271 headphones and I don't think that could be the problem.

I've played the same files (flacs, alacs) using foobar2000 many times and I'm positive it's not a problem with the files.

There's something I've noticed, that the play/pause button is kind of slow and causes the same kind of noises when you push it.

I don't know...

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #15,582 of 18,652
Never experienced any clicks and pops but then again, I didn`t spend long time with those official FW`s because I found custom FW`s like NDFFFinal and SU 1.3.3 superior to those.
Haven`t tried 1.6 yet but won`t do it before someone gives them rating over latter mentioned. I don`t need L/R control and playlist crap (because I tend to listen 1-file FLAC rips from my CD`s).
As much as I have read, then Sandisk cards tend to have problems with DX50. Someone here exchanged to other brand mSDXC CL10 UHS-I and problems went away.
But my guess is that most ppl don`t do rescan library after adding new song and just use scan card which imo isn`t enough (still starts scan songs while playback shortly).
I always delete album.img folders from internal and SD card before adding new music and do rescan library instead scan card and never had any issues.
For the record I`m using 64GB ADATA Premier mSDXC UHS-I CL10 and it is fast cheap card without any issues yet. Recommend it.

Btw, did everybody know that when you play single FLAC full-album file with cue file inside folder, you can back/foward tracks and create playlist with it? Nice feature, no need to rip my albums into separate flac files.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #15,583 of 18,652
I did a test with my Trascend 32gb Class 10 card.
According to the utility I used (check flash 1.6.2) this is the speed information of my card:
  Reading 19,90MB/s
  Writing 13,49MB/s
I did a one-full-pass test of the empty card and those were the results.
I'm not an expert but I think the speed is within the class 10 range, isn't it?

I always do "rescan library" when I put the files in the card and I store all the albums at once.

Should I change to another card?

Nov 26, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #15,584 of 18,652
SU 1.4.0 update

- based on original 1.6.0 FW
- was deleted/disabled a bunch of android services(as Lurker's DX90 FW and a little bit more)

Sound signature is very neutral if you are using "FLAC/Irr Off/default" mode. Highs are soft. 
This version would be suitable for old/classic music records.
Don't forget try different modes(use "Lock on" button while rebooting player).

Direct download - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.4.0.7z

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #15,585 of 18,652
I am able to get the DX50 USB DAC driver installed on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.  The "Mango USB Interface" driver shows up as working in Device Manager.  But I can't see it in "Playback Devices"...any hints as to what I might be doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back