The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #15,436 of 18,652
  Hi All!
I Need your HELP,

I have been using the SU 1.3.3 (FLAC-only / irr ON / CPU default) and enjoying its amazing clarity and sound stage via the HO.
I Added the JDS C5 recently and using it with an old ALO cable that suffers from disconnections here and there. The disconnections are bugging me all day long so I ordered the Fiio L16 mini to mini cable.

That's not my problem ( well.. half of it at least):

I don't get the same clarity/sound stage from the LO via the AMP and its KILLLLLLING ME!!!
The sound gets narrowed and darker and I want to blame the cable while I wait for the new one to come.
 - Does anyone got this thing via the LO?
 - Are you all get the same SU 1.3.3 sound the same on both LO and HO?
 - Is it the cable?

this is my set up:

Appropriate your opinions.

update:

Been playing a little of other versions:

- DX50 NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE V1
 - DX50 NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE V2
 - DX50 NEW SOUND EXPLOSION 3rd EDITION BY DOC2008
 - DX50 NEW SOUND EXPLOSION 4TH EDITION BY DOC2008

was surprise to hear it with the JDS C5 and it was great. than it came to me to try the SU 1.3.3  but with irr OFF and it was good as well again with out the narrowed sound stage i "yelled" about here before... the conclusion was that the irr ON was not coming fully wide via the LO and that was the reason.

BTW... the above versions are truly great...(can't decide,,,)

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #15,437 of 18,652

- DX50 NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE V1
 - DX50 NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE V2
 - DX50 NEW SOUND EXPLOSION 3rd EDITION BY DOC2008
 - DX50 NEW SOUND EXPLOSION 4TH EDITION BY DOC2008

Imo out of those V1 is best. I still prefer SU 1.3.3 but each to his own. Glad You found out what was causing LO problem. Irr ON is sometimes good to use with some external speaker/amp systems because not all speakers are able to play out that large soundstage and then more foward/close soundstage helps.

Edit: Btw, I ordered HAVI B3 Pro1 and will share some impressions with DX50 + SU 1.3.3 when I have spent some time with them and compared them to Piston V2.1.

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #15,440 of 18,652
You can sort them by album, or artist or alphabet.

All my music-> tap the top arrow and select how you wana sort them.

thanks

i wanted to arrange by date of creation folders actually... :rolleyes:

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #15,441 of 18,652
He's still at it!

try this one (I'm on it):

The NEW DX50 Doc's FAVORITE FIRMWARE V3

1. General presentation of sound remained the same as in V1

2. corrected V1 high frequencies and thus:

- more air and transparency
- wider scene
- improved detail
- improved localization and separation

3. natural sound

4. improved separation of low-frequency

6. does not support WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG

DOWNLOAD

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #15,443 of 18,652
He's still at it!

[COLOR=0000FF]The NEW DX50 Doc's FAVORITE FIRMWARE V3[/COLOR]

1. General presentation of sound remained the same as in V1

2. corrected V1 high frequencies and thus:

- more air and transparency

- wider scene

- improved detail

- improved localization and separation

3. natural sound

4. improved separation of low-frequency

6. [COLOR=FF0000]does not support WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG[/COLOR]

DOWNLOAD

Is it based off of 1.29 or 1.5?

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #15,444 of 18,652
I'm trying right now to re-update the DX50 to 1.5, to restore it to factory, to put the music on it again... I hope to remove the issue with sound stuttering.. otherwise I will go with custom firmware..

Definitely not solved.. Do you guys know if there's a guide maybe with an overview of the different firmware? Tomorrow I will read the first page of this topic.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #15,445 of 18,652

I'm trying right now to re-update the DX50 to 1.5, to restore it to factory, to put the music on it again... I hope to remove the issue with sound stuttering.. otherwise I will go with custom firmware..

Definitely not solved.. Do you guys know if there's a guide maybe with an overview of the different firmware? Tomorrow I will read the first page of this topic.

With Rockbox, SU and DOCs firmware I haven't had stuttering issues. Although, the last time I had stock 1.5 I wasn't have issues to begin with... If you are interested in custom firmware I highly recommend Rockbox. It has a very similar sound signature to stock 1.5 and you can even dual boot the stock firmware so you can go back on forth on demand. Rockbox adds SO MANY features that I wish the stock firmware had! Replaygain being one of them!

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #15,446 of 18,652
I've have the same problem with stuttering with other than iBasso firmware. I'm back on stock now, and not experiencing any stuttering. Docs', it seems to me, did sound better, but the stuttering was annoying. Since the stuttering was infrequent, I would imagine that it would be a difficult problem to eliminate.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #15,447 of 18,652
So far I haven`t had any stuttering issues with stock 1.5.0 or Sound Unlocked. Don`t know about other FW since I didn`t use them so long but so far it`s problem unknown for me.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #15,448 of 18,652
  He's still at it!

The NEW DX50 Doc's FAVORITE FIRMWARE V3

6. does not support WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG 

saint iGNUcius is both pleased and displeased with this

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #15,449 of 18,652
I have been using DOC2008 firmware for quite sometime now...
and i just saw his new firmware posted.

DX50 NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE FINAL​

DX50 DOC`S NEW FAVORITE BLACK EDITION FIRMWARE​

https://yadi.sk/d/HDqyTsw9cfSub

I'm gonna try both of them out...

DX50 NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE is one of the best i have heard so far... and V3 of it improves slightly from it... V2 i did not try...

i'm constantly being amazed at what DOC2008 has come out with.

Thank you DOC2008.

Ps: Using google translate to read a russian site. DX50 becomes fifty dollars.

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #15,450 of 18,652
M'kay... going to give last try with those latest DOC`s. If SU still sounds better for me then I give up on trying any new firmware from that point on... just seems pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back