The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #15,286 of 18,652
That's what I thought when I installed the drivers with no problems. After three bluescreens I uninstalled the drivers. I wouldn't call them "fine" when people is reporting multiple system crashes... It isn't just that they don't work properly... Let's wait and see! I bet there will be -hopefully- more DX50 USB-DAC drivers in the future. This is just crazy, they can't make their own product work.

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #15,287 of 18,652
  That's what I thought when I installed the drivers with no problems. After three bluescreens I uninstalled the drivers. I wouldn't call them "fine" when people is reporting multiple system crashes... It isn't just that they don't work properly... Let's wait and see! I bet there will be -hopefully- more DX50 USB-DAC drivers in the future. This is just crazy, they can't make their own product work.

Interested to know what port you connected to of which giving your BSOD?
I'm having BSOD as well when connected to my USB 3.0 port, but not when I connect to my USB 2.0 which has no problem playback from any media player, but I did not set it as Default for my WIndows instead use WASAPI to Push directly to the DAC.
You can give it a try and post your result here.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #15,288 of 18,652
BSOD's from a USB 2.0 here. I tried to make them work, but got tired... Might try again later though.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #15,289 of 18,652
For me, it works regardless of whether USB 2 or USB 3. Whether I in Foobar adjusting "WASAPI event or push" or "DS: iBasso Mango Hifi Audio Device" or "KS:Wave iBasso".

In all cases the drivers are working without problems. OS Windows 7 64bit /8.1

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #15,290 of 18,652
Perhaps people with issue with the new DAC drivers are those that installed the previous version. If so, perhaps a clean up is in order to ensure there are no residual files as they may sometime fail to be replaced with a newer version.

The other issue with USB3 is their drivers for the Host and Hubs themselves are not as mature as the USB2. In one of my computer I had to update the BIOS and the USB3 firmware to get stable results just with USB3 memory stick. Recommendation here, is investigate which USB3 chipset you have, obtain latest firm/drivers then retry DAC, especially if it works on USB2.

Just though to bring it up as a potential differentiator between those that work and those that don't.

Zak

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #15,291 of 18,652
Man this is ********... And here I hoped I could get these work without all that additional effort. Is it THAT hard to just release a driver that when installed will just work? I'm really furious right now...

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #15,292 of 18,652
Hi all,
I've recently become the proud owner of a iBasso DX50. I would like to connect the coaxial out to my amp (NAD D3020), which uses a coaxial RCA (I believe it's called). What is the best way to do so? I've google'd for hours to find the right cable, but nothing popped up. Any thoughts? 

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #15,293 of 18,652
I connected the DX50 to a USB 2.0 port. Maybe Zak707 is right and it depends on whether we previously installed the beta drivers or not. In any case -I agree with nihontoman- they should make a driver that works for everyone without need of being an expert.

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #15,294 of 18,652
If you want to bypass the DX50's dac then need something similar to this and use the coaxial out on top of the DX50:

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=56

That's only an example. You can find it much cheaper than that or even make it yourself if you can use a soldering iron.
My Ibasso DX50 included one. Didn't yours?

Anyways, since the DX50 features a good DAC you can use the line out jack and connect it to the amp via RCA (red-white) audio inputs.
It depends on whether you want to use the DX50's DAC or not.

Regards

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #15,295 of 18,652
  I connected the DX50 to a USB 2.0 port. Maybe Zak707 is right and it depends on whether we previously installed the beta drivers or not. In any case -I agree with nihontoman- they should make a driver that works for everyone without need of being an expert.

I would go through all of that and wouldn't complain that much but as it turns out, you still need to run windows in test mode. I don't want to run my PC in test mode even with the watermark removed... and those blue screens of death :|

something's wrong with my pcs inbuilt audio, it pops at some frequencies so I was really happy when I saw that ibasso made a new driver, I thought I would use DX50 and would have excellent sound out of the pc, but noooo, it seems like this thing will break down sooner than ibasso releases a new working DAC driver...

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #15,296 of 18,652
I installed the drivers and everything is working great! I'm using USB 3.0 and Wasapi through J. River Media Center. My OS is Windows 8.1.

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #15,298 of 18,652

I installed the drivers and everything is working great! I'm using USB 3.0 and Wasapi through J. River Media Center. My OS is Windows 8.1.

did you use the modifier signed drivers and test mode?

I just downloaded 1.0 directly from their website. I'm not using test mode either.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #15,299 of 18,652
Perhaps people with issue with the new DAC drivers are those that installed the previous version. If so, perhaps a clean up is in order to ensure there are no residual files as they may sometime fail to be replaced with a newer version.

The other issue with USB3 is their drivers for the Host and Hubs themselves are not as mature as the USB2. In one of my computer I had to update the BIOS and the USB3 firmware to get stable results just with USB3 memory stick. Recommendation here, is investigate which USB3 chipset you have, obtain latest firm/drivers then retry DAC, especially if it works on USB2.

Just though to bring it up as a potential differentiator between those that work and those that don't.

Zak

Thanks for the explanation, but I do think my USB3.0 (from Intel, after looking into Device Manager) is updated and it's from Microsoft, also matching the drivers from official Intel website.
I do think it may due to my use of USB 3.0 GLAN+Hub device which may caused the USB 3.0 to acting up when connect other device, but have never happen to my other DAC so just wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back