The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 20, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #14,989 of 18,652
That red one looks pretty good. Green one I didn`t like. I still prefer black though, more neutral and doesn`t "shine" into your eyes while on table/stand.

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #14,990 of 18,652
TL:DR the whole long thread's posts.

So does anyone got the DX50 working as DAC in Windows 8.1 x64 yet?
My USB device's name appear as "rk2928sdk", device status appear as Code 20 and it says no compatible drivers for this device. :hmm:

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #14,991 of 18,652
TL:DR the whole long thread's posts.

So does anyone got the DX50 working as DAC in Windows 8.1 x64 yet?
My USB device's name appear as "rk2928sdk", device status appear as Code 20 and it says no compatible drivers for this device. :hmm:

yes, mine was working under Windows 8.1. Just go to settings and system recovery. There you can find a way to reboot Windows in recovery mode or something similar (you can find guide Googling "disable driver enforcement Windows 8.1" ). After disabling that Windows feature just install mango USB driver and the Dac will works. I'm using Windows 7 now and the drivers are no longer working even disabling the driver enforcement.. I'll continue to use my Xfi HD USB..

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #14,993 of 18,652
yes, mine was working under Windows 8.1. Just go to settings and system recovery. There you can find a way to reboot Windows in recovery mode or something similar (you can find guide Googling "disable driver enforcement Windows 8.1" ). After disabling that Windows feature just install mango USB driver and the Dac will works. I'm using Windows 7 now and the drivers are no longer working even disabling the driver enforcement.. I'll continue to use my Xfi HD USB..

Oh, I just googled and followed some instruction to get the driver install correctly, it does prompt that unsigned driver window and I just click install anyway.

Well, now it appear like this.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/wildwestgoh/temp/dx50-win8-driver-install_zps165e4475.jpg
It appear working but... not working? :stars:

p/s: Sorry for the link, can't post picture with my current account level. :rolleye:
p/s 2: Got this second as someone let go cheap... he told me can use as DAC, oh well, hope iBasso can come out with a proper driver soon, want to try out watching movies and... hehe... gaming. =X

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #14,995 of 18,652

how's the synergy with Fiio  
color]
 ?

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #14,996 of 18,652

Oh, I just googled and followed some instruction to get the driver install correctly, it does prompt that unsigned driver window and I just click install anyway.

Well, now it appear like this.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/wildwestgoh/temp/dx50-win8-driver-install_zps165e4475.jpg
It appear working but... not working? :stars:

p/s: Sorry for the link, can't post picture with my current account level. :rolleye:
p/s 2: Got this second as someone let go cheap... he told me can use as DAC, oh well, hope iBasso can come out with a proper driver soon, want to try out watching movies and... hehe... gaming. =X

I cannot see anything in that picture. In my case after installing the mango USB drivers and also the exe installer (x64) the dac feature was working.

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #14,997 of 18,652

Very happy with it great sound more here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/727341/new-fiio-e11k-portable-amplifier-info-news-thread-early-impressions/360

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #14,998 of 18,652

The E11K does pair very well with the DX50. Pairing it with SU1.3.3. Gives out a cleaner and darker background with lusher vocals. Mid range detailings seem to be brought forward. Tighter sub bass punch with greater quantity and slightly wider soundstage.

It is quite the opposite of JDS C5. The C5 brings out much better clarity and more micro details achieving a flatter and neutral sound signature at the same time.

E11K wins in terms of bringing out a cleaner background and an more engaging sound.

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #14,999 of 18,652
"The C5 brings out much better clarity and more micro details achieving a flatter and neutral sound signature at the same time."

Different strokes for....  This is exactly what I am looking for.  
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back