The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #14,656 of 18,652
SanDisk here as well.  I ordered one of the Adatas listed on the previous page- $30 w/free shipping from an Amazon seller.  We'll see if that makes a difference.  It doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen.  It also gives me a bit of a "way back when" moment, because I can remember the old days of CD Walkmen when they would do the skippy jumpy thing.  Kind of a deja vu feeling.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #14,657 of 18,652
My samsung evo card works great - no stuttering thus far.  Still don't understand this 'null' word that I get on the screen.  Am on firmware 1.5 and I also wish the back button would just go to the start of the song rather than what it thinks was the previous song (using shuffle mode).  I am sure that these have been discussed earlier....

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #14,658 of 18,652
Null just means that you have an absent tag.  

The back button, I thought I read somewhere that it was 1 push to go back and 2 to go farther back.  Or vice versa?  I rarely use shuffle.  

My gapless seems to be hit and miss with 1.5.0 but it's not a big deal.  I'd like a way to get all volumes the same, just to save my ears sometimes.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #14,659 of 18,652
cheers old dude.  Must admit, after just getting the thing, I furiously just whacked music on it - didn't check my tags at all. 

Hmmm....so that the gain is the same for all your music?  That would be cool.  I think that you would have problems with the dynamics of different songs and genres of music, though.  Classical would need a heap of range.

I thought it may have been hoopla, this dx50 and its better sound.  But I can gladly say that I am very impressed with this unit and how much better ALL my phones sound through it.  They all have had a new lease on life and I am like a kid at an amusement park, wanting to try every ride!

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #14,660 of 18,652
Yep, fun toy.  The sound is much better than that of a phone.

As for tags, if you have a file and it's missing, say, the album title on it, no matter that the folder it's in has the album title, the file will present       as null on its title because, well, there's nothing there.  Not a biggie, it just won't show up as a track in Album view.  And it will say null on the info of Currently Playing.  Easily repaired.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #14,662 of 18,652
Guys, i need your help, i don't know what to do anymore. I updated my DX50 with firmware 1.50, perfect and i was very happy with sound and new option. Then, i wanted to try some modded firmware (sound explosion), so i connected the DX50 to my PC (windows 7) and surprise: unknown device. I tried to connect it in every single usb port (i have 7), then another PC (a laptop), and finally i performed a wipe from recovery mode... nothing, i can't connect it anymore to my PC, always unknown device. What can i do now? Thanks...

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #14,663 of 18,652
LOL ;D Your DX50 is probably in "CHARGE ONLY MODE" ! Unplug USB cable and select Settings » USB Settings » Storage , then plug in USB cable and there it should be :wink:

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #14,665 of 18,652
Did You remove USB cable meanwhile when changing from charge to storage mode? You need to remove cable meanwhile otherwise it will still be 0.
My unit also doesn`t recognize device under W7 when it is in charge mode.
Well, then just reinstall stock firmware and do factory reset.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #14,667 of 18,652
  My DX50 is in storage mode, always, i never put it in charge mode. And i can't reinstall anything because i can't enter in it.

You can't enter menu for upgrading or what?

You have to first copy the image file on to ibasso storage and then the menu for upgrading will show.

If you are unable to get to the ibasso storage, try connecting it to a different computer or maybe change the sync cable.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #14,668 of 18,652
Yes, problem is i'm unable to access ibasso storage, because PC doesn't recognize DX50 and it doesn't appear in my computer. So, i can't copy the firmware... i tried to connect it on another PC, but it's the same, unknown device.
I saw in recovery mode that it is possible to do firmware upgrade if i put the firmware in the SD, but when i try it doesn't find the firmware anywhere. I'm a little desperate, now.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #14,669 of 18,652
  Yes, problem is i'm unable to access ibasso storage, because PC doesn't recognize DX50 and it doesn't appear in my computer. So, i can't copy the firmware... i tried to connect it on another PC, but it's the same, unknown device.
I saw in recovery mode that it is possible to do firmware upgrade if i put the firmware in the SD, but when i try it doesn't find the firmware anywhere. I'm a little desperate, now.

Try connecting ibbaso again and when coputer says it is unknown device, go to device manager, locate the unknown device and delete it. Then disconnect ibbaso and try connect it again, be sure that the player is on when you want to connect it to coputer, othewise it will be still unrecognized. 

Also try changing the usb cable...

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #14,670 of 18,652
Use RKBatchTool 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back