The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #14,642 of 18,652
  Yes but this does not explain why 1.2.8 was working great with the same SD card (and I have had no issue so far since I returned to 1.2.8 after so many freezes with 1.5.0).

I had same problem, player was working fine with stock 1.2.8 version, but as soon as i upgrade it to 1.5.0 it started freezing and same happend after upgrading to latest SU version. But i like SU version so much that i dint want to downgrade my player so I tried many solutions (formating card, reflashing player, ...) but none of them worked for me except changing the mSD card.

I guess that the data flow from SD card to player has somehow changed since 1.2.8 version and it looks like that is cousing the problems...

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #14,643 of 18,652
  I had same problem, player was working fine with stock 1.2.8 version, but as soon as i upgrade it to 1.5.0 it started freezing and same happend after upgrading to latest SU version. But i like SU version so much that i dint want to downgrade my player so I tried many solutions (formating card, reflashing player, ...) but none of them worked for me except changing the mSD card.

I guess that the data flow from SD card to player has somehow changed since 1.2.8 version and it looks like that is cousing the problems...

I am experiencing the same freezing problem with the SU version. I removed it, and and am running 1.50. If the freezing continues I will revert to 1.28 until iBasso fixes this issue. While 1.50 sounds great, 1.28 is very nearly as good and quite acceptable.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #14,644 of 18,652
I don't know about "freezing," but every once in a while I get a stuttering, as if I have an old CD Walkman and I am shaking it while the music is playing.  It seems to not be related to specific sound files, happens randomly, sometime when I first turn the player on, sometimes after 20-30 minutes of listening.   And if a track is doing it, if I jump to another track it seems to clear the problem.

When it does happen, I pull the card, do a FW reinstall (1.5.0), run Factory Reset, and run Rescan.  Then all is well for a week or two.

I don't know if it is related to 1.5.0, but it did not occur with earlier FWs.  It's a minor issue, in my case, easily fixed in about 8 minutes.

Use this link    http://www.ibasso.com/en/us/contact.asp    to contact iBasso about your issues. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #14,645 of 18,652

is anybody using Dx50 - the intruder - Odac combo?

What is your impression please.  Right now, I don't have Odac, I'm curious "is this combo work? or not"

Thanks

I don't think anyone is using that combo. There is no way to hookup DX50 to ODAC without some sort of SPDIF to USB converter.

Thank you for your info....

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #14,646 of 18,652
  To everyone who has problems about Ibasso freezing during playing FLAC files from mSD card, change the SD card. I've had SanDisk 16GB c10 mSD card and my Ibasso kept freezing at random times, since i've changed mSD card, probremls are gone. 

I'm not saying that SanDisk has bad memory cards, but this is the 3rd card that is not working correctly and i'm staying off SanDisk for now.

sounds like a read rate is too slow

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #14,647 of 18,652

I am experiencing the same freezing problem with the SU version. I removed it, and and am running 1.50. If the freezing continues I will revert to 1.28 until iBasso fixes this issue. While 1.50 sounds great, 1.28 is very nearly as good and quite acceptable.

I had some stuttering issues in 1.50, though that isn't what got me to go back to 1.2.8, which I am on now.  1.2.8 still seems to be ibasso's finest dx50 firmware to date with a gapless feature that works correctly.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #14,649 of 18,652
I have used 1.2.8, 1.5 and currently on SU 1.3 and never experienced any freezing or stuttering. If it's of any help, i'm using a Trancend CL10 card.

Funny, i'm using the same card now without problems, although SanDisk has the same speed class but it did not perform well on my ibasso.
It is still a chance that SanDisk card is fake, but I doubt it since transfer speed were normal copying music from computer to card and vice versa...

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #14,650 of 18,652
I have used 1.2.8, 1.5 and currently on SU 1.3 and never experienced any freezing or stuttering. If it's of any help, i'm using a Trancend CL10 card.

+1

No issues with 64GB ADATA Premier mSDXC UHS-I 1 / CL-10 >>> http://www.adata.com/index.php?action=product_feature&cid=7&piid=203
And it`s dirt cheap also :wink: Going to buy another soon. Now it`s even little cheaper ~27€ at my local PC shop. Happy times... happy times... bye bye CD/DVD/HDD`s for music carry ;P

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #14,651 of 18,652

is anybody using Dx50 - the intruder - Odac combo?

What is your impression please.  Right now, I don't have Odac, I'm curious "is this combo work? or not"

Thanks

I don't think anyone is using that combo. There is no way to hookup DX50 to ODAC without some sort of SPDIF to USB converter.

if you to add the dac with the instruder and dx50.  What dac do you prefer?

Thanks

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #14,652 of 18,652
  To everyone who has problems about Ibasso freezing during playing FLAC files from mSD card, change the SD card. I've had SanDisk 16GB c10 mSD card and my Ibasso kept freezing at random times, since i've changed mSD card, probremls are gone. 

I'm not saying that SanDisk has bad memory cards, but this is the 3rd card that is not working correctly and i'm staying off SanDisk for now.

odd, using SanDisk exclusively for my DAPs, DX50 included... maybe a problem with the local distro?

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #14,653 of 18,652

I am also using a Trancend card.  I've never had stuttering issues on any firmware version except 1.5.0, though very random and usually far between occurrences.   1.2.8 has no stutter issues.

I believe every firmware version on any sd card type is capable of freezing.  It tends to start doing that if you performed a full card scan, and then perform another full card scan without deleting the folders it creates on the sd card and internal storage first.  That will create a database of duplicate entries for every song, which does, in fact, cause it to randomly freeze up.  

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #14,654 of 18,652
  odd, using SanDisk exclusively for my DAPs, DX50 included... maybe a problem with the local distro?

I have about 30 memory cards for various applications and the only one that were causing me problems are SanDisk cards and none of them were purchased at my local shops or even in my country. Hell, even fake SanDisk card bought from China worked better than an original.

Im not buying them anymore, i dont want to test them anymore.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #14,655 of 18,652

Yeah, I have had the occasional skipping/stuttering of a track like olddude has stated, and I am using the same SanDisk card that you are. I tend to think it may be the SanDisk brand as well, as I have gone through 3 of their MicroSD cards in the past 2 years. I had one in my phone, and suddenly it became unreadable/unmountable for no reason at all, and the exact same thing happened to one that I had in a Surface tablet. Now this one is having the skipping/stuttering issue.

I may just steer clear of SanDisk cards as well, and maybe look at some of the Samsung ones that I saw on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back