The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #13,711 of 18,652
  Yeah, the inmates took over.  
tongue_smile.gif

BTW, I thought it'd be interesting to select the USB/DAC in Settings and then plug my Mac into the DX50 and see what happens.  No drivers available through iBasso, of course, but you never can tell what a Mac can do on its own.  Well, the player lit up w/DAC on the splash screen but nothing else happened.  Oh well, worth a try.  
etysmile.gif

Send iBasso a mail. A lot of people are asking for USB DAC support for Mac as well

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #13,712 of 18,652
BTW, for those who are interested, Gapless seems to work fine on In Order mode, but I get gaps when in Shuffle mode.  Might just be a matter of it having to find the next song, which takes some small amount of time.  

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #13,713 of 18,652
I installed the USB DAC drivers but the computer doesn't recognize the DX50 as a USB DAC. What do?

EDIT: I should add that I have 1.5.0 installed on the DX50.

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #13,714 of 18,652
I installed the USB DAC drivers but the computer doesn't recognize the DX50 as a USB DAC. What do?

I had to install it four times. Bring the device manager and see if the Mango USB is properly installed. Mine was in a broken state so I kept uninstalling it from there and running the install again, after a few attempts it showed up properly and was finally shown from the sound control panel. Keep your player in dac mode connected to the USB port at all times when loading the software. I assume you initially followed the instructions to install an unsigned driver in windows, correct?

Oh are your running windows 32 or 64-bit?

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #13,715 of 18,652
I noticed that the color scheme of the screen now has slightly less contrast with the new firmware.. I adjusted the brightness to the same levels as with the previous firmware but it still looks slightly off to me.. is it just me..? 
confused_face.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #13,716 of 18,652
Hi, is there a way to have the stock 1.5.0 with Rockbox? If not, DOC2008's 1.5.0 based ones are also ok. It seems these don't come with CWM recovery.

How does the "ROCKBOX for FIRMWARES BASED on v. 1.5.0" work?

Quote:

DX50 SOUND EXPLOSION V2 BY DOC2008

-based firmware DX50 v. 1.5.0
-Fixed: Russians tags

DOWNLOAD

DX50 SOUND EXPLOSION DARK BASS EDITION V2 BY DOC2008

-based firmware DX50 v. 1.5.0
-Fixed: Russians tags

DOWNLOAD

ROCKBOX for FIRMWARES BASED on v. 1.5.0

-installation via CWM recovery (a reference to the statement in the header)

DOWNLOAD

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #13,717 of 18,652
AT LAST! GAPLESS WORKS!!!

However, The random stuttering (like an unsynchronized DAC) is annoying.

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #13,719 of 18,652

I had to install it four times. Bring the device manager and see if the Mango USB is properly installed. Mine was in a broken state so I kept uninstalling it from there and running the install again, after a few attempts it showed up properly and was finally shown from the sound control panel. Keep your player in dac mode connected to the USB port at all times when loading the software. I assume you initially followed the instructions to install an unsigned driver in windows, correct?

I've been trying to get it to work, but haven't had any luck. Can you explain how you did it step by step so that even a caveman could do it? I'm running Windows 7 32-bit with the service pack(s). And I did type those two lines into the command prompt and it even shows test mode on the bottom right of my screen on the desktop.

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #13,720 of 18,652
AT LAST! GAPLESS WORKS!!!

However, The random stuttering (like an unsynchronized DAC) is annoying.

I thought it did too on my end, but no go.  Three tracks were perfect on ASOT 2014 then back to the skip.  Looked at what it was doing carefully and it seems on some tracks it's eating the last two seconds. Tried cues w/ flac and split tracks.  No go

Are you on a card CJG or internal?

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #13,721 of 18,652

I'm using 64-bit windows 7 so there's no need for the unsigned driver installation guide I would assume. How do you even uninstall them though?

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #13,722 of 18,652
I am hearing a very obvious change in SQ with this new fw : much better instrument separation (24bit  jazz and some electronic CD flac rips) and much better balanced bass frequencies (Shure se846). 

I`m coming from that 3rd-party fw explosion thing. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #13,723 of 18,652
I love the space in the sound. Live recordings come across extremely well, IMO. Listen to Dreamin' Man Live, Neil Young. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #13,724 of 18,652

I thought it did too on my end, but no go.  Three tracks were perfect on ASOT 2014 then back to the skip.  Looked at what it was doing carefully and it seems on some tracks it's eating the last two seconds. Tried cues w/ flac and split tracks.  No go

Are you on a card CJG or internal?

Hey guys, did you do the upgrade by the book, ie do a factory reset after the update and remove the update from your device?
I believe this is required before the developer/manufacturer will take any error reports into account, be it an iBasso DX50 FW or any other new HW or SW iteration to a device.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #13,725 of 18,652
I manged to get the dac driver working.

Here is what i did. I hope it helps those who have trouble installing it.
I'm running windows 8.1 64bit, but I'm sure this procedure should work with other window system.

Jump to 7 if your not running windows 8.1
For Windows 8.1 user you have disable driver signature enforcement first.
1. Hold onto shift on your keyboard, then press restart.
2. Troubleshoot
3. Advanced Option
4. Startup Setting
5. Press 7
6. You have disabled your driver signature enforcement.
7. Right click my computer then select property/go to control panel
8. Open device manager.
9. Install 1.5.0 on your dx50
10. In usb setting switch select dac mode.
11. Connect your dx50 to your pc
12. In the device manger you should see an unknown device called 2kxxx(forgot the exact name, but you should know it is the dx50)
13. right click that -> select update driver
14. browse driver from your pc
15. Extract the dx50/90 beta 2 driver downloaded from the ibasso website.
16. If your running 64bit choose the 64x folder/ 32bit choose the 86x folder. (make sure sub-directory is included)
17. Once the driver is installed, you should see mango device.
18. Right click the sound icon on your taskbar
19. click on playback devices
20. Select ibasso mango hifi audio device as default device
21. Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back