The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 27, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #12,392 of 18,652
Do you scroll with the buttons? Or is it touch?

I use buttons all the time, I dont like to look at the fingerprints on the screen, and that way you open only that folder, or database entry that you decide to, and not another by accident, because of oversensitive touchscreen.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #12,393 of 18,652
I can't really answer this question since I never had an issue with my DX50 for both official FW and RB.. But if a rockboxed DX50 has no volume spikes - its mo like a software/fw issue IMO..

Thanks. It is the only thing that holds me back from buying the DX50, but very few seems to be affected and none, that I have seen, with RB.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #12,394 of 18,652
I've bought a DX50 and loaded one of the custom firmwares last night and now I can't get USB mode! When I plug in the USB cable, the player charges ok but I can't transfer any music now. Prior to updating the firmware, I was able to transfer fine so the cable and laptop are not the issue.

Any ideas? 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #12,399 of 18,652
It's 1.2.8 MOD V1 from the firmware page at the start of the thread.

Sorry to tell you this but going outside of the manufacturer's firmware offering leave you vulnerable to lack of support including to void you warranty in cases where somehow it's on when requesting service.

Ok so I say my piece, not that there is anything wrong with trying a hacked piece of software. :wink:

If you have tried everything in terms of how to flash the firmware then your only alternative is to move 1.2.8 back to your player and enjoy it with all of the available features it has. :beerchug:

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #12,403 of 18,652
Sorry to tell you this but going outside of the manufacturer's firmware offering leave you vulnerable to lack of support including to void you warranty in cases where somehow it's on when requesting service.

Ok so I say my piece, not that there is anything wrong with trying a hacked piece of software.
wink.gif

If you have tried everything in terms of how to flash the firmware then your only alternative is to move 1.2.8 back to your player and enjoy it with all of the available features it has.
beerchug.gif

Well thank god we have a forum and we don't just have to rely on iBasso for support. 
wink.gif

Anyway, I managed to get it working. I went into browse directory, selected the player and then selected USB OTG. I have reverted back to stock firmware for now but going to try Rockbox soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back