The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #12,316 of 18,652
  My buttons have been gradually getting less responsive since I got it. It now takes upwards of 10 clicks for the Play / Pause button to do anything. Quite embarrassing when you stop for a chat with someone and are desperately trying to stop the player. "What's that?" they ask.. " looks.. erm . good.. "

I guess I'll have to send it in...

Man reading all f this problem is making me scared, can i know your DX 50 batch as well? Mine is from the 4th batch if I am not mistaken

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #12,317 of 18,652

What exactly you worry about rockbox breaking buttons on DX50?

The current rockbox firmware is fantastic, no doubt it in that. Everything is much better when music isn't playing.  When music is playing, the whole UI becomes a bit laggy. The touch screen in particular is unusable outside of the "now playing screen". You lose a bit of smoothness with buttons, but if you have many folders and over 100 music within them browsing and scrolling through it would be painful with the touchscreen. So in rockbox mode, i only use buttons. Also pressing the power button will force you back to main menu so i have to wake the device with the forward, play, and rewind which are known to fail. I know rockbox for dx50 is still in its early stages. I am looking forward to future update. Stock firmware have same issue too, but it was fixed after 1.2.6. The UI doesn't lag anymore when music is playing.

My buttons have been gradually getting less responsive since I got it. It now takes upwards of 10 clicks for the Play / Pause button to do anything. Quite embarrassing when you stop for a chat with someone and are desperately trying to stop the player. "What's that?" they ask.. " looks.. erm . good.. "

I guess I'll have to send it in...

Send in. Mine was exactly that. It will fail pretty soon.

Man reading all f this problem is making me scared, can i know your DX 50 batch as well? Mine is from the 4th batch if I am not mistaken

You don't have to worry so much, it seems to be a few faulty device that got through. I pressed the physical buttons 5x times more than my old device already thanks to rockbox and is still working fine. There is only 5-7 people in this thread had this issue up to this point.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #12,318 of 18,652
hmmnn, that's strange, you may need to change the scroll sensitivity. While scrolling is not iOS smooth while a music is playing. I don't find it laggy. It has similar response with the stock 1.2.8FW

I seldom use the physical buttons with RB when browsing through my files, unless I have to control my DX50 inside my bag.

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #12,319 of 18,652
The physical buttons are really not very well built. I got my set in Feb and my buttons ain't as responsive anymore. With the stock firmware 1.2.8. Granted I use the buttons quite often. But luckily warranty here through retailer is easier though.

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #12,320 of 18,652
The physical buttons are really not very well built. I got my set in Feb and my buttons ain't as responsive anymore. With the stock firmware 1.2.8. Granted I use the buttons quite often. But luckily warranty here through retailer is easier though.

Hmm, that's rather odd.. My buttons are rather quite responsive for what they are, and I got my DX50 from one of the earlier batches.

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #12,321 of 18,652
mine the first batch no problem with the buttons

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #12,323 of 18,652
Can i use DX50  coaxial as a balanced setup source for DB2/PB2 an Mad Dog Pro? Question is, do i realy hear difference with balanced setup in metal music? Right now i using DX50-C&C BH2-Marshall Monitor. Planing buy MD in these days. I never heard balanced headphones befor. sorry for my bad english....

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #12,324 of 18,652
  Can i use DX50  coaxial as a balanced setup source for DB2/PB2 an Mad Dog Pro? Question is, do i realy hear difference with balanced setup in metal music? Right now i using DX50-C&C BH2-Marshall Monitor. Planing buy MD in these days. I never heard balanced headphones befor. sorry for my bad english....

Yes you can use it as a balanced source wit DB2/PB2. In fact any source that has coax/optical out. As for the difference in sound, most people say there is. But for me I don't here much difference. So YMMV.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #12,325 of 18,652
Mine is from the first batch :|
It gets pretty annoying when the button works only a third of the time. I haven't even abused it in anyway(under 100 hours of use)
Going to contact ibasso tonight and see if they'll cover the majority of the shipping expenses.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #12,326 of 18,652
Mine came from the 3rd batch an no issues with the physical buttons

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #12,328 of 18,652

Sorry but I'm not actually sure what batch mine is from. I wasn't a particularly early adopter but I've had it a few months now, so 5th or 6th at a guess? I bought it off Taobao, so it'll be interesting to see what iBasso's response for a RMA will be. Hopefully it won't make a difference.. I'll let you know :)

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #12,329 of 18,652

Sorry but I'm not actually sure what batch mine is from. I wasn't a particularly early adopter but I've had it a few months now, so 5th or 6th at a guess? I bought it off Taobao, so it'll be interesting to see what iBasso's response for a RMA will be. Hopefully it won't make a difference.. I'll let you know :)

Mine is from the 3rd or 4th batch and it's not giving me any problem so far, but regardless where you bought it from as long as it's an official retailer you should be able to claim it or even get the new ones which comes with the silicon cover. I am so jealous. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #12,330 of 18,652
Mine is from the 3rd or 4th batch and it's not giving me any problem so far, but regardless where you bought it from as long as it's an official retailer you should be able to claim it or even get the new ones which comes with the silicon cover. I am so jealous. 

The new ones comes with an included silicone cover? That's so unfair haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back