The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #12,196 of 18,652
Wow! Thank you for lots of feedback!

> So far the lock button seems erratic. The song currently playing still plays but no sound coming out if I switch on the lock button

lock button should not affect sound at all, does it?

It should not, but at least in my case as soon as I touch the lock button while a song is playing, I suddenly don't hear any sound coming out on both HO and LO. I had to reboot to fix it

lineout should have fixed volume, no?

The LO volume in the original firmware can be changed by the up/down button. It's not a problem if it's fixed as long as it's set to the max output voltage for LO 1.5Vrms (which is achievable in the original firmware by setting volume to max value).

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #12,197 of 18,652
Wow! Thank you for lots of feedback!

> So far the lock button seems erratic. The song currently playing still plays but no sound coming out if I switch on the lock button

lock button should not affect sound at all, does it?

It should not, but at least in my case as soon as I touch the lock button while a song is playing, I suddenly don't hear any sound coming out on both HO and LO. I had to reboot to fix it

lineout should have fixed volume, no?

The LO volume in the original firmware can be changed by the up/down button. It's not a problem if it's fixed as long as it's set to the max output voltage for LO 1.5Vrms (which is achievable in the original firmware by setting volume to max value).

Looks like you need to press and hold a volume button to get a response. When you do a press and quick release it does not seem to register any change in volume.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #12,198 of 18,652
   as soon as I touch the lock button while a song is playing, I suddenly don't hear any sound 

Aha! Don't touch the lock button :) Use hardware one.
'while playing screen' is actually divided into virtual 3x3 buttons grid
lower center is volume down in default skin
you can read http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/TouchscreenInterface

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #12,199 of 18,652
Looks like you need to press and hold a volume button to get a response. When you do a press and quick release it does not seem to register any change in volume.

No, single presses work too, but slowly (100 steps)
Go to menu and watch for dB level at upper left corner while pressing volume buttons

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #12,201 of 18,652
Great to see the effort being put into porting Rockbox, but could you guys start a dedicated thread about it? Just like we have a dedicated DX50 wallpaper thread, I think there should be a dedicated DX50 Rockbox thread. It'll make it easier for everyone. Shoot me link as soon as you have one and I'll add it to the first post of this thread as well as the FAQ.

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #12,202 of 18,652
Great to see the effort being put into porting Rockbox, but could you guys start a dedicated thread about it? Just like we have a dedicated DX50 wallpaper thread, I think there should be a dedicated DX50 Rockbox thread. It'll make it easier for everyone. Shoot me link as soon as you have one and I'll add it to the first post of this thread as well as the FAQ.

As you requested

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here.

Hi Everyone

Please post Rockbox related comments and updates on the new thread above

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #12,203 of 18,652

As you requested

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here.

Hi Everyone

Please post Rockbox related comments and updates on the new thread above

Perfect, thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Update: Link added to first post.

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #12,205 of 18,652
Been trying to send an email to ibasso but it is impossible. The contact form or the email service@ibasso.com don't work ...
Try using the contact us function. They've changed the email to gmail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back