The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #11,161 of 18,652
  Am I the only one having issues with the playback order on 1.2.8? 
frown.gif

Fixed mine - Cleared the .audio data folder and the two-disc album that was giving me grief is no longer in two folders (disc 1, disc 2) but instead the tracks are renamed to Disc 1 - 01 - Track title.flac. Works perfectly now 
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #11,163 of 18,652

wow, looking forward to your impressions....
beerchug.gif

on a serious note, y u buy speakers on head fi?
evil_smiley.gif

I didn't. Got a killer deal on a set here in the EU so the time had come to finally upgrade from my Sony all-in-one bluray/surround atrocity.

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #11,165 of 18,652
Dx50 paired with RSA shadow isn't what I hoped. Using shure 535, dx50 sounds better without it.
Anyone else amping with the shadow?
Bass is muddy to my ears, sounds cleaner without...

What amp are you using now, if any?
The for sale section seems flooded with RSA shadows lately.
Might wait to unload it.

I like the sound better directly from the dx50 than paired with a C5 with my W4s. This is with fw 1.2.8. I like the C5 with 1.2.7 and 1.2.6. I will be selling the C5 and did put up a wanted ad for the shadow last night. Might have to reconsider now and just go without an external amp.

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #11,167 of 18,652
I like the sound better directly from the dx50 than paired with a C5 with my W4s. This is with fw 1.2.8. I like the C5 with 1.2.7 and 1.2.6. I will be selling the C5 and did put up a wanted ad for the shadow last night. Might have to reconsider now and just go without an external amp.

I briefly tested it with reduced lo power, clipping was reduced. Going to a/b it better this evening.

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #11,168 of 18,652
I briefly tested it with reduced lo power, clipping was reduced. Going to a/b it better this evening.

I have the dx50 volume maxed out on lo. somehow I prefer the sound either directly from the DX or the ho with the c5. via lo there is clipping, loss of detail, and I notice some sibilance, also less texture esp on piano notes. however it is tighter and more control at the lower end. let me know how you go. I'll try with reduced lo power. interestingly I preferred the sound with c5 and fw 1.2.6 and 7. for me a lot of improvement on 1.2.8 which probably defeats the purpose of having an amp unless its a very good one and most probably a very expensive one. better spend the money on better iems in that case. no criticism on the c5, its a good portable amp but not doing it for me. I was looking at upgrading to the shadow but I'm a bit hesitant from what I've read now. think my c5 will go to my other half to use with her sansa fuze and W3s.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #11,169 of 18,652
Thanks for the report. Guess thats it, as much as i want to buy dx50, due to this issue, i decided i will no longer dx50. I'll just wait for dx90 and x5. Thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

Im waiting on a preorder for the dx50, i read good and bad news but this is the worst, taking in risk my hearing while i care a lot is in no debate
Any one else reporting this? maybe on a selected playback config? (repeat, shuffle etc)
very sad news if it is forcing me to cancel my preorder

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #11,170 of 18,652

Im waiting on a preorder for the dx50, i read good and bad news but this is the worst, taking in risk my hearing while i care a lot is in no debate
Any one else reporting this? maybe on a selected playback config? (repeat, shuffle etc)
very sad news if it is forcing me to cancel my preorder

Mine did it once, on FW 1.1.5, but a co-worker was using it at the time so I don't know exactly how it happened. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #11,171 of 18,652
Hi all. I have had no problems with my DX50. I love it. I pair it with a headstream arrow 4N which is very thin, ultra portable, clean, only adding power . Using HD500's. I recommend checking out this amp.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #11,172 of 18,652
What amp are you using now, if any?
The for sale section seems flooded with RSA shadows lately.
Might wait to unload it.

Since updating the firmware to 1.2.8, I have not used an external amp. As I mostly use the DX50 with my Cardas EM5813 IEM's, there is no need for external amplification. If I do need more horsepower for some of my over-ear cans, I use either my T1 or PB2 via balanced output.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #11,173 of 18,652
Hi all. I have had no problems with my DX50. I love it. I pair it with a headstream arrow 4N which is very thin, ultra portable, clean, only adding power . Using HD500's. I recommend checking out this amp.

do you use any play setting? like repeat the song-album
im used to use non of those features, just play the album or song as it

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #11,175 of 18,652
Gapless play works perfectly on my DX50. Load time is short but probably because my music is in folders organized well and I am predominantly playing flac files. I can even hook up a 500 GB hard drive to the DX50 and it scans fast and plays great. The drive does need additional power that the DX 50 does not provide. My take on reading DX50 posts exhaustively is that some people get defective units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back