The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #11,011 of 18,652
  I thought that too.
All I can found is just the 1.1.5.
Maybe the fw was deleted secretly from our computer by the ibasso?
very_evil_smiley.gif

ROFL
biggrin.gif
… Naaah, they're too busy doing other things (like, tweaking FWs, bringing to light the DX90 etc.) to have time to bother with that
smile.gif
!

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #11,014 of 18,652
Same here - still amping with PB2 using balanced output.:)

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #11,016 of 18,652
I've ordered the Dx50 now from MP4nation but now I am not sure that it was a wise thing to do since I've read that it might be lacking Bass:frowning2: I've got a pair of momentum over ears and i really do like a big heavy bass. Is there anything i can do to get some heavy bass out of the Dx50? Like with an external amp or something?

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #11,017 of 18,652
  Just checked, and though I thought I had them all, including the very first one (1.0.0?), looks like I only have from 1.1.5 onwards, so cannot help you (sorry!).

I already forgot about the very first we had, I think it was 1.0.0 or was it 1.1.0? Anyway that version came with the player for all of us part of the first batch and as you all know was updated very quickly after that due to the sheer sizeable amount of bugs. Actually someone also made the comment about the original version not available on their website. That's when I thought why would anyone want to go back to the very first one.

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #11,018 of 18,652
Musicheaven, if i remembet correctly, you said somewhere that you had tried the momentum/dx50 setup. Would you be so kind and give some quick thoughts on this setup? Especially how it sounds in the low frequency area? (Quality, quantity of bass etc) would really help me out!:)

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #11,019 of 18,652
  I already forgot about the very first we had, I think it was 1.0.0 or was it 1.1.0? Anyway that version came with the player for all of us part of the first batch and as you all know was updated very quickly after that due to the sheer sizeable amount of bugs. Actually someone also made the comment about the original version not available on their website. That's when I thought why would anyone want to go back to the very first one.

Yeah, I too got my 2nd batch DX50 with that one installed  (like you, I don't remember if it was 1.0.0. or 1.1.0 - it did end with 0
smile.gif
) and updated pretty quickly too (with absolutely NO regrets, I might add
wink_face.gif
)… But I seem to remember Ibasso posting this same very first one on their website after a bit, and I thought I downloaded it for completeness sake (sometimes updates are lemons and it's good to "downgrade"). But I cannot find it amongst my archived FWs, and it's not iBasso's download page ATM. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #11,020 of 18,652
Looks like all you still amping are iem guys, anyone with some over ears like W1000X or HE-400?

I use JH13, HE-500 and FA-003 amped with SR71-B. All execelent

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #11,021 of 18,652
Musicheaven, if i remembet correctly, you said somewhere that you had tried the momentum/dx50 setup. Would you be so kind and give some quick thoughts on this setup? Especially how it sounds in the low frequency area? (Quality, quantity of bass etc) would really help me out!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah and I still use this combination, at work that is. :) I brought the Momentums home for DX50/X5 compare just to be on the safe side cause I did not have lots of headphones/iems to test the players with.
What I found is the Momentums in general seem to have similar characteristics as far as headphone drivers than their big open end brothers like the HD 600 or 650. Now my experience is with the over the ears and not on the ears.

It covers (reproduces) the complete frequency spectrum quite well but seems to be more receptive (have a penchant) on the lower bass, might be because of their closed end nature. If you like authoritative bass, you'll be happy with the phones. I found them to pair better with the X5 due to the player neutrality and the bass not being as emphasized. As far as mids and highs, they are very good (I like to say exquisite but that would be stretching it), not excellent like the HD600 though. They are a lot easier to drive from the DX50 being closed end. To be frank with you, casual hi-fi listening with very good sonic representation, they are fantastic well worth the price and they look cool, at work. As far as what I prefer, well  my HD600 have been more than exceptional for me and being a guy that does not crank up the volume too high, I never have to go in mid or even high gain.

I hope that helps, if others have similar or different experience with the combo please speak up.

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #11,022 of 18,652
I've ordered the Dx50 now from MP4nation but now I am not sure that it was a wise thing to do since I've read that it might be lacking Bass:frowning2: I've got a pair of momentum over ears and i really do like a big heavy bass. Is there anything i can do to get some heavy bass out of the Dx50? Like with an external amp or something?

Read my report, you are going to drool
biggrin.gif

I like bass but neutrality seems to be more enjoyable and increase listening time as you are not getting pounded in your head constantly
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #11,023 of 18,652

No lacking in bass that I hear. Just solid bass that follows the music and doesn't plod along. Very well integrated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back