The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #10,472 of 18,652
a bug maybe? the way it lows the amp secction. and because on Hi gain its just thowing all the power without any restriction. so, im guessing on the restriction is the bug.
it is all thinking i have made, please anyone with knowledge can give us a hand.
What firmware you are using?
im thinking, on next week when my dx50 arrives, im upgrading to the 1.2.7 out of the box

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #10,474 of 18,652
  a bug maybe? the way it lows the amp secction. and because on Hi gain its just thowing all the power without any restriction. so, im guessing on the restriction is the bug.
it is all thinking i have made, please anyone with knowledge can give us a hand.
What firmware you are using?
im thinking, on next week when my dx50 arrives, im upgrading to the 1.2.7 out of the box

your dx50 is coming next week? did you order from ibasso themselves?
if you got one of the 14th batch they come with 1.2.6 OTB.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #10,476 of 18,652
i bought it from mp4nation, so I'm guessing I'm not receiving the latest.
beside the firmware, how do you can see which batch is it?

I'm not sure if the batch number is actually kept anywhere but IBasso, many companies use Rev. 1-2-3 numbers to denote hardware changes. I have not seen any of those on the Dap.Otherwise the firmware should give you an estimate of the batch number. I ordered mine from mp4 nation also. It took a while, they were waiting on IBasso, but when they got the units they sent it 2 day air DHL.
Mine was loaded with the latest firmware at the time. Since it looks like they are waiting on an Ibasso shipment again, my guess is your will be fresh from the oven and still warm.:D

Cheers,
Shawn

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #10,477 of 18,652
  Power wise is no relevant when paired vs a sensitive ear-inear. What i think it changes on your setup is the warmness form the external amp (or it signature)
Im quite fine using an X3 and waiting to the dx50 with my sony ex600 =)
What changes do you hear on your dx50 vs dx50-amp?

HI,
on low gain i hear like the LOW gotten all the mids to get higher and all the clearness has gone. after i switch to HIGH, i hear exactly as i hear without the amp, all the cleanses is back and sound stage is exactly has i hear it without the amp it self.  it seems like something bugs the low gain in the amp but gets cleared on HIGH. strange thing or logic if you understands what happens when IEMs' with Sensitivity: 107 dB SPL @1mW meets the amp with Input Impedance:10KOhms.

Appropriate the help on this.

Wait,are you guys talking about the DX50's gain setting or the gain setting of the external amp?

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #10,478 of 18,652
I'm not sure if the batch number is actually kept anywhere but IBasso, many companies use Rev. 1-2-3 numbers to denote hardware changes. I have not seen any of those on the Dap.Otherwise the firmware should give you an estimate of the batch number. I ordered mine from mp4 nation also. It took a while, they were waiting on IBasso, but when they got the units they sent it 2 day air DHL.
Mine was loaded with the latest firmware at the time. Since it looks like they are waiting on an Ibasso shipment again, my guess is your will be fresh from the oven and still warm.
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Shawn

Since launch, there has been a grand total of 0 (zero, none, nada, zilch) hardware changes on the DX50 so I think we can safely skip the batch talk now 
smile.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #10,480 of 18,652
Since launch, there has been a grand total of 0 (zero, none, nada, zilch) hardware changes on the DX50 so I think we can safely skip the batch talk now :smile:

No hardware revisions is a good thing. Just a little FYI to anyone using SDXC cards, I got a couple of more affordable Kingston 128gb cards and had trouble using them. Detection problems, and just not reliable. I was ready to write them off, but a friend told me to try formatting them with a free utility available at sdcard.org. Worked great, both cards are operating properly!

Cheers,
Shawn

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #10,482 of 18,652
  about the gain settings on the dx50.
 im testing how it behave on my in-ear and headphones =)

If you connect your headphones through the line out on the the DX50 to an amplifier, the gain setting on the DX50  has no effect (although the volume does)… if the gain setting on the DX50 DOES have an effect, this means that you're connecting the DX50's phone out to the amplifier, which is double-amping, and is not really very good
wink_face.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #10,483 of 18,652
  If you connect your headphones through the line out on the the DX50 to an amplifier, the gain setting on the DX50  has no effect (although the volume does)… if the gain setting on the DX50 DOES have an effect, this means that you're connecting the DX50's phone out to the amplifier, which is double-amping, and is not really very good
wink_face.gif

yeah, that's what I thought when I read his post...

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #10,484 of 18,652
No replay gain on next update.. (I don't think it will be there for some time..)

#######
Hi, We dont have plan to add the replaygain.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

2014/1/24
Hi,  
I would like to ask if you are planning to include 'replaygain' in the next update?

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #10,485 of 18,652
No replay gain on next update.. (I don't think it will be there for some time..)

That's a pity given how simple it is to implement on the playback side: read ReplayGain tag (track or album versions) from file, adjust output volume by that value, repeat for next track. Not having ReplayGain is one of two things I consider to be significant failings in the player.

The other is any kind of sane playlist support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back