The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #10,486 of 18,652
about the gain settings on the dx50.

im testing how it behave on my in-ear and headphones =)

Gain setting only affects the headphone output, not the line out. Please make sure that you haven't accidentally plugged your amp into the wrong port :)

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #10,487 of 18,652
For some reason my dx50 will not read new files on my sc card (64 gb sandisk). I was filling out a card with new files and it will not recognize them after the scan. The new files show up on the sd card directory but will not show up under artist or any other location. The exisiting files are not affected and play properly. I have not changed the way I transfer or tag files. Running FW 1.27. New files are HDTRACKS as are all other files on card. The same card plays peerfectly on the computer and in my dx100. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kemp

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #10,488 of 18,652
Also no plans to implement balance (left/right) control.. too bad for me. I'm considering the X5 when it is released.
Hi, We dont have plan to add the balance control for the DX50.

Sincerely

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #10,489 of 18,652
For some reason my dx50 will not read new files on my sc card (64 gb sandisk). I was filling out a card with new files and it will not recognize them after the scan. The new files show up on the sd card directory but will not show up under artist or any other location. The exisiting files are not affected and play properly. I have not changed the way I transfer or tag files. Running FW 1.27. New files are HDTRACKS as are all other files on card. The same card plays peerfectly on the computer and in my dx100. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kemp

The new software allows for scanning the card and storing that information on the card so you get a very fast rescan when that card is inserted again. Since it isn't scanning the new songs, you need to delete that file. Insert the card in a reader. There will be a file there besides your music files. Delete that file and then rescan your card when placed back in the DX50. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #10,490 of 18,652
probably this is a very silly question, but... does the DX50 have a record/voice recording function? If not, anyone have any recomendation for a good dap that can record? too bad the fiio x3 can't

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #10,491 of 18,652
no it has not got that function

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #10,494 of 18,652
I had a Sansa Fuze which has a mic and was able to record and playback messages. It was a solid little dap that also sounded pretty great. Unfortunately they are no longer being made, thus their prices had skyrocketed.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #10,495 of 18,652
That's a pity given how simple it is to implement on the playback side: read ReplayGain tag (track or album versions) from file, adjust output volume by that value, repeat for next track. Not having ReplayGain is one of two things I consider to be significant failings in the player.

The other is any kind of sane playlist support.

So, if it is so easy, why not make your own??  Then we can all buy your perfect DAP...just sayin'
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #10,498 of 18,652
Because I don't have iBasso's source code or development tools. Kind of hard to add a function to their software without those, y'know?

You missed my point I guess, what I meant is if you think it is so simple to make a DAP, why not make your own DAP, not change Ibasso's but do your own product, I mean it is so simple right?

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #10,499 of 18,652

I suggest that you actually read what I wrote before going any further down that path. Here, I'll quote it to make it easy for you:

That's a pity given how simple it is to implement on the playback side: read ReplayGain tag (track or album versions) from file, adjust output volume by that value, repeat for next track.

I leave it to the reader to ponder how you got from "implement a feature" to "write a media player from scratch".

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #10,500 of 18,652
  headwacker, I browse by file, never the database. So the DX50 is accessing the songs via a different route. Maybe that is the difference in our experience with 1.2.5? (I might be reaching here.)

I don't know if you or anyone remembers, 1.2.5 had a beta version other than official FW which is now posted in Ibasso's download page. It was temporarily uploaded in Ibasso's download folder with the file name DX50Firmware_V1.2.5.zip back then (The official 1.2.5 has the filename DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip).

I just popped this beta in my DX50 and it sounded just like what 1.2.5 has. I have been using this FW for the past 2 days still browsing by database and I have not encountered the annoying bug yet. I been running it for quite some time today non-stop because I'm burning in my new Leckerton UHA-6SMKII.

Everything is stable so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back