The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #10,007 of 18,652
Also anyone know a good seller for samsung battery for the US? There r so many options ranging from 8 to 40 dollars and theyre all 2100mah. I dont know much bout what the diff is so yah :frowning2: any tips?

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #10,010 of 18,652
Very cool! Haha. Are they dust magnets though?

Not sure, just starting to use today.. but if people keep putting out DAP every two months, I cannot guarantee that it will be sitting in the corner of my room collecting dust. 
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #10,011 of 18,652
Yaa... I know that feel... I kinda wanna sell some stuff and jump on the hdp r10 since the price seems so nice...

Tell us how those cases are tho :wink:

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #10,012 of 18,652
Also anyone know a good seller for samsung battery for the US? There r so many options ranging from 8 to 40 dollars and theyre all 2100mah. I dont know much bout what the diff is so yah
frown.gif
any tips?

http://mugenpowerbatteries.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3/mugen-power-2300mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s3.html

Good quality cells, their batteries get some good reviews around the web.  Plus 2300mah.  I'm trying not to order it....

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #10,016 of 18,652
  Much better now after the balance mod with upgrade DHC OCC cable. The SS is no longer laid back and notes have fuller body.  there are only so much you can stretch limited by the driver used and price..Apparently, it is not hard to mod balance without the need to hardwire. I enjoy it with HM901 a lot.

With the risk of going i little offtopic. Did you say someting about balancing the HP50s?

I auditioned the HP50s a couple of months ago, and while i do remember that they had jack-connectors in both sides, i just assumed that you could use either of the cups to connect your cable to. How exactly did you manage to balance them?

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #10,017 of 18,652
Hi,btw is the 1.2.7 firmware fixes the playlist issue (if might be addressed as an issue)?
That is if I saved a playlist, then I turned off my dx50, plugged out the SD card, copy some musics to SD thru PC and insert back my SD card to DX50, I found that my saved playlist is removed :frowning2:

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #10,018 of 18,652
Since we're on battery. Can someone explain how to remove the battery cover on the dx50 and what is the default battery brand and size built in?

NVM googled it

You just slide the back cover but it is fairly firm so some force is required

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #10,019 of 18,652
  With the risk of going i little offtopic. Did you say someting about balancing the HP50s?

I auditioned the HP50s a couple of months ago, and while i do remember that they had jack-connectors in both sides, i just assumed that you could use either of the cups to connect your cable to. How exactly did you manage to balance them?

Yes, thats a good design and I got it made at the shop. So instead of  having stereo signal going to either side, he made me a Y-shaped connector that connects to both sides in mono. The end is terminated with 6 pin hirose. He used a red tape to indicate the right channel. If I put it in the wrong cup, there is no sound. In order to stay on topic, this cable will immediately let you listen to the balance end of ibasso balance amp!

Then if I wish to connect to single ended amp or hifiman balance DAP, I just use one of these adapters:

Going balance on these cans will give you immediate SQ improvement, but as I said you can only stretch so much because the driver is not high end.

I am sorry I cannot go into too much technical detail as my mind goes blank when my DIY friend talks about what he will do...

also, terribly sorry for being off topic...

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #10,020 of 18,652
  Much better now after the balance mod with upgrade DHC OCC cable. The SS is no longer laid back and notes have fuller body.  there are only so much you can stretch limited by the driver used and price..Apparently, it is not hard to mod balance without the need to hardwire. I enjoy it with HM901 a lot.

The photo was mainly for showing off my newly purchased green case. I think it will help us to get through custom easier as it is just so friendly!

Oh, I see. Nicely modded, and I hope it brings you lots of joy, considering you went the extra mile to even have them modded:) (Or more so, a cabling job)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back