The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #9,946 of 18,652
My $17 nothing  fancy but works great custom mini-coax from Blue Jeans Cable. 

I have two devices that necessitated a longer cable: my home theater AVR and my active speakers which have a digital coax connection. Could be a killer road setup as the speakers are transportable.

Coax must bypass everything. Volume/gain has no effect.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #9,947 of 18,652
  My $17 nothing  fancy but works great custom mini-coax from Blue Jeans Cable. 

I have two devices that necessitated a longer cable: my home theater AVR and my active speakers which have a digital coax connection. Could be a killer road setup as the speakers are transportable.

Coax must bypass everything. Volume/gain has no effect.

But I found out the EQ does have an effect on Coax sound.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #9,949 of 18,652
Same here. All good with all flat

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #9,950 of 18,652
I've asked DIGNIS about DX50 leather case. And answer is:
Dear. deviantus

Hello, I'm a member in DIGNIS.
My name is Mihyun Oh and my duty is design work and in charge for foreign custom.
I'm sorry I'm too late answer.

DX50 case will be expected to proceed only in Korea with group purchasing.
We don't have schedules about its price and sales yet.

After completion of the production, I'll send e-mail for you.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Mihyun:)

So still I have no idea what should I buy.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #9,951 of 18,652
  So still I have no idea what should I buy.

In case you are interested
wink.gif

DX50L01.jpg

Detail here. Just one more thing - As nice as it si to the touch and look, leather case does make pressing buttons and the touch screen harder.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #9,952 of 18,652
Most people recommend setting the volume of the DAC at 75% and above.

But just to make it simple, I turn it all up and just fiddle with the volume on the external amp. That way the DAC volume is constant.

The only issue is with very sensitive phones. If I use O2 paired with DX50 and JH16. I can't turn the volume pot on the O2 past 10 o'clock or I'm going deaf.

I find myself turning the volume in DX50 at 235 - 245 so I can turn the pot on O2 past the 12 o'clock position. It's a bit of a pain coz you have to be mindful of 2 volume controls instead of just one.

I also set mine to 245 and let the amp do the rest, it has always worked fine for me besides I don't want to maximize the volume on the amp because then I get into amp noise territory.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #9,954 of 18,652
What has been a little bit disgusting is when I use de LO into an amp I turn the volume into 255 and then when I plug back my iems in the PO I get the 255 volume into my ears. 
Please ibasso don't hurt my ears. It should be an easy fix.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #9,955 of 18,652
  What has been a little bit disgusting is when I use de LO into an amp I turn the volume into 255 and then when I plug back my iems in the PO I get the 255 volume into my ears. 

Errr, you should learn to turn down the volume on DX50. The volume control is in the digital domain and will affect both LO and HO.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #9,957 of 18,652

I'm a slow learner - I don't know how many times I've done this!  Hopefully I'll learn while I still have some hearing left.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #9,958 of 18,652

In case you are interested
wink.gif

DX50L01.jpg

Detail here. Just one more thing - As nice as it si to the touch and look, leather case does make pressing buttons and the touch screen harder.

2nd post I think.  Still new to the whole headfi website.  

I got the leather case when it first came out.  Dam if I didn't drop the DX50 the day before I got it and it put alot of chips in it.  Oh well.  The leather case works well.  It does kinda get in the way when touching the top of the screen but it's not that big of deal.  

As far as the DX50 goes I see alot of people are having problems with it.  I haven't had any problems with playback but once the screen had squiggly lines on it.  And now and then this "Q" like the quicktime Q pops up on the screen.  Little annoying but it still works.  

I did just recently order Alpha Dog headphones.  I was also going to get Audeze lcd-xc next month.  Would the ibasso PB2 be able to power these or should I look for something else?  I don't really listen to headphones at home.  Usually when traveling so not really interested in a large amp.  

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #9,959 of 18,652
I was wondering how does the DX50 compare to a macbook pro retina?
i see everyone with cases does the black alu scratch that fast? i assume its more durable then the iphone 5 alu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back