The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #9,347 of 18,652
Will do. I bought it from mp4nation so hopefully it will be in my hands in the near future.

get the opamp ready
beerchug.gif
thanks!

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #9,348 of 18,652
Ibasso told me the D42 could be used via USB OTG with the DX50!

D42 digital USB in -> the DX50 Digital in, something does not sound right. Right now the DX50 USB port acts as a mountable drive as perceive on the OTG Advanced menu item when in play mode. It also works as a mountable drive on the PC when connected to the PC USB port, not as a USB DAC. They would have to provide the functionality and then how do you switch from one to the other. The jury is still out about them being able to implement it.

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #9,350 of 18,652
D42 digital USB in -> the DX50 Digital in, something does not sound right. Right now the DX50 USB port acts as a mountable drive as perceive on the OTG Advanced menu item when in play mode. It also works as a mountable drive on the PC when connected to the PC USB port, not as a USB DAC. They would have to provide the functionality and then how do you switch from one to the other. The jury is still out about them being able to implement it.

That was what I thought as well, they said the DX50 USB is USB OUT/IN. This is coming from them, I wish I would have kept the email. I should have it soon and I will let you know. There are a few people here that have this rig so maybe they can comment on this.

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #9,352 of 18,652
  Not to worry, guys. I am just having a bit of fun. This thread is far from dead.

But I am very pleased. If they never did another FW update, I could be happy with this. 

Photoshop of a volcano:

(Looks much better on the screen - excellent saturation)

Very nice, here is my potential candidates :)

Earth and Moon:

Guitar on Fire:

Note on Fire:

Female Singer:

That is going to be so much fun
L3000.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #9,354 of 18,652

Note on Fire:

size]

Yep.  
L3000.gif

I like the fire note a lot but you may find yourself having to play with color shifting in Photoshop. That is how my volcano became so psychedelic. You have to use colors that allow the text to be read.

So this:

became this:

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #9,355 of 18,652

Earth and Moon:

L3000.gif

Thanks for pics, I tried them this one looks good. The other pics look nice but too much detail on the center and it clutters text making them hard to read.

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #9,356 of 18,652
That sounds marvelous specially the user configurable wallpaper.
gs1000.gif

I'll believe it when I'll hear it
biggrin.gif

Now if they could give us the "remember where I was when I shutdown or auto power off" that would crown the update. That would be useful for people like me listening to hours of music mixes.
beerchug.gif

Exciting time, I wish my electronics supplier would be as responsive as iBasso. Common now where is the update?
confused.gif

+1

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #9,357 of 18,652
I had it all along, but since the cover is blown I guess there's not much point to our attempt at doing a closed beta... 
rolleyes.gif

Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.7.zip
Yes, everything just works perfectly on this one. We have arrived. 

By the way, I upgraded my line to 90mbit upload speed, so knock yourselves out!

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #9,358 of 18,652

Yep.  
L3000.gif

I like the fire note a lot but you may find yourself having to play with color shifting in Photoshop. That is how my volcano became so psychedelic. You have to use colors that allow the text to be read.

So this:

became this:

Wish I'd be as skillful as you are with Photoshop, oops I don't even have it. Can you please try to make the last one appealing to me (Female Singer)? Thanks a bunch! You can PM me so we won't clutter the timeline.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back