The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #9,168 of 18,652
I read that as well and was wondering the validity of it. I went to there web site and logged in and did not see any such statements. I'm sue they have today off but hoping business resumes tomorrow.

Well on their website there is a forum section on top, they had a thread related to shipping with a post of holiday schedule, the problem is that they told me they would ship this week, solets hope they resume because if they let me wait to 2nd of jan, this would be baaaaaaad, now what was the customer service thinking?!!

Meanwhile lets wait and have fun with others experience :D

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #9,169 of 18,652
I have now but at the time of writing I hadn't realized that it worked that way with the volume implemented in the digital domain. Much better now. Thanks for mentioning it though :)

NP
beerchug.gif

Listening now to Alan Parson Project's album Turn Of A Friendly Card... yum yum....
biggrin.gif

Awesome, The Alan Parsons Project is a great group...Eve and Eye in the Sky are great albums also.

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #9,170 of 18,652
Well on their website there is a forum section on top, they had a thread related to shipping with a post of holiday schedule, the problem is that they told me they would ship this week, solets hope they resume because if they let me wait to 2nd of jan, this would be baaaaaaad, now what was the customer service thinking?!!

Meanwhile lets wait and have fun with others experience :D

Not to mention they say all orders say they ship next business day, a co-worker bought from this company and they sent him an email that it was shipped and he did not get his DX50 for two weeks because they sold more than they had in inventory.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #9,173 of 18,652

Didn't work. I looked a bit closer and it's actually playing by the Album tag rather than filename, even when browsing by directory. The fileformat is now for example:
01-Title-Artist.FLAC
02-Title-Artist.FLAC

EDIT:
Also tried fileformat like:
01 - Title-Artist.FLAC

.....still plays by album not filename.

I've now tried using MP3Tag to blank out all album field tags but now it just seems to be playing in an order without any discernable pattern.

Edit, got it working. All I had to do to let the device know that if I'm browsing by folder it would be nice to playback by filename rather than tags was to delete ALL tags from the files using MP3tag. So looks like I now have a way of making custom playlists which can be backed up...i.e. lots of folders with numbered files and NO tags.

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #9,174 of 18,652
Not to mention they say all orders say they ship next business day, a co-worker bought from this company and they sent him an email that it was shipped and he did not get his DX50 for two weeks because they sold more than they had in inventory.

Well i read lots of complaints and i have experienced enough to know the level of customer service they offer, and to be honest i though they care more about their reputation but anyway..
Also at the end i dont want to be the annoying customer that complains alot specially that the initial estimated delivery date has a big margin to cover this may be they have lots of orders to manage also some people had a smooth process with them, so i will just wait but there are also clues like the one u said about shipping next business day which didnt happen, at the end they were not flexible at all and also all the companies i delt with online gave me better experience.

Anyway i will pm you in case of any updates :D

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #9,175 of 18,652
I see many, many positive comments about iBasso and their customer service. There are always a few people that may not get what they need or want. But, as a rule, I see people getting/receiving very good service and respect from iBasso.

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #9,176 of 18,652
I see many, many positive comments about iBasso and their customer service. There are always a few people that may not get what they need or want. But, as a rule, I see people getting/receiving very good service and respect from iBasso.

Ooooops sorry for the confusion, we are talking about mp4nation not ibasso, with mp4nation some people had a good experience while others had problems.

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #9,177 of 18,652
Ooooops sorry for the confusion, we are talking about mp4nation not ibasso, with mp4nation some people had a good experience while others had problems.

I see. Confusing when in the iBasso thread. Never dealt with mp4nation.

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #9,178 of 18,652
They're good......but not this good:

do not worry, i got all albums of APP including the immaculate Tales Of Mystery And Imagination but my favorite is Turn Of A Friendly Card and Eye In The Sky plus less known but a very good Try Anything Once - late solo album of him :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back