The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #8,581 of 18,652
Don't torture yourself, I goofed when applying the screen protector on my first DX50, I felt even worst when I gave it to my friend, cause now he is the one OCD on the screen
biggrin.gif
That damn white fluff
tongue.gif

I like the silicon case but like you said, it's a dust magnet. I constantly have to wipe it every time I take it out of my pocket then I show it off.
smily_headphones1.gif

Silicon attracts many unwanted particle, dust, lint etc. I think DX50 is tough enough so I leave it nude. 

To cure OCD syndrome and worries about the smallest of scratches try one of the transparent/clear protector like invisible shield. I have done this with my previous gadgets like iPhone 4s and there are some shops would apply it for you or make a custom cut for any device you like to wrap.

I really is effective protecting the device from scratches and doesn't add bulk to the device.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #8,582 of 18,652
Maybe consider a new battery? Its definitely not the ibasso draining the battery when its off... So prolly a low quality battery priblem u fortunately :/

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #8,583 of 18,652
Silicon attracts many unwanted particle, dust, lint etc. I think DX50 is tough enough so I leave it nude. 

To cure OCD syndrome and worries about the smallest of scratches try one of the transparent/clear protector like invisible shield. I have done this with my previous gadgets like iPhone 4s and there are some shops would apply it for you or make a custom cut for any device you like to wrap.

I really is effective protecting the device from scratches and doesn't add bulk to the device.

Thanks for the tip, before I got the silicon case I carried that fellow nude in my pocket (are we even allowed to say this on that thread :D ) and I banged a few times but thank god no tears lol. I was thinking of buying an iPad invisishield and cut it with my exacto knife to the exact DX50 measurements but then I thought that will cost me another 30$ so I said let's go silicon protection and glad I did it, now I am cured of dings and scratches plus I sleep a lot better at night with my protection lmao. :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #8,584 of 18,652
Thanks for the tip, before I got the silicon case I carried that fellow nude in my pocket (are we even allowed to say this on that thread
biggrin.gif
) and I banged a few times but thank god no tears lol. I was thinking of buying an iPad invisishield and cut it with my exacto knife to the exact DX50 measurements but then I thought that will cost me another 30$ so I said let's go silicon protection and glad I did it, now I am cured of dings and scratches plus I sleep a lot better at night with my protection lmao.
smily_headphones1.gif

I only mentioned Invisible shield which is pricey but there are cheaper options with on-par quality/protection. I only had silicon on an iPhone 3GS but it's killing me every time I put it in my pocket and see lints sticking into the silicon surface when I take it out. They won't easily come off. Since then no case protector. Only nude or clear film/thin protection.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #8,585 of 18,652
I only mentioned Invisible shield which is pricey but there are cheaper options with on-par quality/protection. I only had silicon on an iPhone 3GS but it's killing me every time I put it in my pocket and see lints sticking into the silicon surface when I take it out. They won't easily come off. Since then no case protector. Only nude or clear film/thin protection.

The only issue with plastic film vendors is that they are not aware of daps like the dx50 to make any for commercial purposes but with my phone I use a combo of frontal film with a transparent scratch free hard plastic shell. I have had too many accidents requiring the phone to be replaced. The only two vendors I use is Bodyguardz and Zagg. I prefer Zagg for a major reason, their lifetime warranty. If you are going to keep the device long enough, you can replace the film for just the shipping price. I have used their replacement services many times before.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #8,586 of 18,652

I like my naked also.  Though it goes in a leather belt holster, however that stays on my belt while I take the dx50 out naked to change songs.  Since I don't like things in my pockets.  :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #8,587 of 18,652
Dec 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #8,588 of 18,652
Maybe consider a new battery? Its definitely not the ibasso draining the battery when its off... So prolly a low quality battery priblem u fortunately :/

But iBasso did response to my query and they feels that there could be a defect. Just to be sure, I thought I'll send them in.
Thought of the bad battery as you have mentioned but there's also a built issue where the back cover will not sit flushed due to a misalignment. It's protruding a bit too much and actually scratches ( palm or anything around it ) on where it's placed. Let's just wait and see if mine have a bad battery or any underlying hardware issues. Will post back again when I get news from them. Damn, I'm missing it already.

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #8,589 of 18,652
But iBasso did response to my query and they feels that there could be a defect. Just to be sure, I thought I'll send them in.
Thought of the bad battery as you have mentioned but there's also a built issue where the back cover will not sit flushed due to a misalignment. It's protruding a bit too much and actually scratches ( palm or anything around it ) on where it's placed. Let's just wait and see if mine have a bad battery or any underlying hardware issues. Will post back again when I get news from them. Damn, I'm missing it already.

when in doubt its always good to contact seller i guess haha. make them deal with the weird stuff 
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #8,590 of 18,652
So I just updated the firmware to 1.2.6 and it looks like all of my album art is missing. The art file is in the folder (album art displayed before) so I am not sure what is wrong. I went from 1.2.2 to 1.2.6 (everything was working fine in 1.2.2). Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #8,593 of 18,652
So I just updated the firmware to 1.2.6 and it looks like all of my album art is missing. The art file is in the folder (album art displayed before) so I am not sure what is wrong. I went from 1.2.2 to 1.2.6 (everything was working fine in 1.2.2). Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks.

First don't panic it happened to me, here is what you need to do, please consult the FAQ if you do not know how to do some operations I am providing you below:

1- Take your SD card out.
2- Shutdown your DX50
3- Factory reset the DX50 using recovery mode
4- Reboot the DX50
5- Once my music screen shows up pop your sd card in the DX50
6- When the scan SD card and Browse menu shows up, select scan and wait until it's all done. Your cover arts should show up now when you browse your library.

Warning: if you have playlists, they will be gone. iBasso has embedded the playlist references on the internal memory in directories that are most likely invisible from DX50 users. Here is the moment to voice your desire to have the playlist resides somewhere else, logically the SD card would be the best location as each will be dependent on the available current content. As for the internal memory with all of the pending firmware flashes it's looking like a bad location to leave anything on that except the DX50 scanned library list folder. Should I add IMO.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #8,594 of 18,652
Thanks.

I had the same issue, not sure why it occurred but to fix it I went through the process of reinstalling the firmware and deleting the update file once it had finished. I then did a factory reset before inserting the mSD card, excessive but it worked.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #8,595 of 18,652
I had the same issue, not sure why it occurred but to fix it I went through the process of reinstalling the firmware and deleting the update file once it had finished. I then did a factory reset before inserting the mSD card, excessive but it worked.

Re installation is not required if he follows the instructions above, he should be able to have the scanner pick up the cover arts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back