The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #8,386 of 18,652
SQ difference could have a lot to do with the phones being used and/or external amp paired with. In my case I use JH16 and T1 most of the time. Been switching between 3 amps (O2, UHA4, C5D) but the FW experience has been consistent.

1.2.2 - fairly flat

1.2.3b - muddy bass (the least FW version I like)

1.2.5 - in between the 2 FW above. Extracts more details across the FR. Just a hair more bass impact than 1.2.2 but far from the mess with the bass in 1.2.3b.

1.2.6 - similar to 1.2.5 but has elevated bass response and still nowhere near that of 1.2.3b.

From my experience the FW updates barring 1.2.3b is a slow trickle of sonic improvement.

Still using 1.2.2 and will stay with it until the real thing comes along. Thanks for the information as you hear it.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #8,387 of 18,652
Is 1.26 really bright? 1.25 sounded really good out of the TH600 now it's ear splitting.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #8,388 of 18,652
That is why I am walking. Still waiting for the real and final car. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #8,389 of 18,652
  That is why I am walking. Still waiting for the real and final car. 

confused.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #8,390 of 18,652
Dec 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #8,394 of 18,652

The price argument fits for me. DX50 plays all the music I choose to load on to it and sounds better than anything I have heard near this price. I don't know what more I want iBasso to fix apart form gapless which is not a deal breaker for this quality and is easily sorted.

iBasso are a relatively small company as most buyers are aware of. The produced a product that plays music files and makes them sound incredible for a price that cannot be matched at the moment in my opinion. Any firmware issues are fixed quickly. 

What exactly can you not do with your DX50 that you would like to do but are unable to? It is afer all only music player.

Maybe you should scrap your business model and statrt listening to your music.

At each FW sound is changed, now it is "any" , without contours.
Gapless is "dirty" after it last worked. The error that the content of the gapless "buffer" is not always deleted when another title, another album is chosen is not resolved. This will be the artist, genre information in OGG Vorbis and APE not display an error since the beginning. The EQ has disabled presets, has no real effect. The sleep timer is faulty.Die DB relationships are not consistent, so that the albums out at the same album name in some views and also played that way. There are still a lot else.

But obviously the iBasso is known , because it is only understandable that there is currently no User Manual by the technical and software specifications are described .

The customer is aware deceived, it is irrelevant whether the price is cheap, it is a small enterprise or disability that causes these defects.

IBasso published FW which is obviously not tested in all functions.

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #8,395 of 18,652
Hi, just one thought regarding perception of DX50 by the audience.

On the one hand, people discuss changes of SQ in different FW, and call those changes "huge", and make decisions either to "move to the next FW" or to "stay with the previous one". On the other hand, the same people claim that the EQ in DX50 doesn't work at all, because they can hardly hear difference between the EQ preset profiles and they don't hear difference when they move EQ sliders up and down.

Am I the only person here who think that's strange?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #8,396 of 18,652

On the one hand, people discuss changes of SQ in different FW, and call those changes "huge", and make decisions either to "move to the next FW" or to "stay with the previous one". On the other hand, the same people claim that the EQ in DX50 doesn't work at all, because they can hardly hear difference between the EQ preset profiles and they don't hear difference when they move EQ sliders up and down.

Am I the only person here who think that's strange? :)

Unless you have DX50 or have one then its difficult to understand. The EQ settings doesn't work the same way people are used to.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #8,397 of 18,652
I
My machine always does this after an update / factory reset (on the first screen after you youve done it) - I just go back into 'Music' choose an album and its good to go again...unless you have a different issue? I think it just defaults to the last album played but as it hasn't done a scan yet it say it isn't sure yet so it shows 0  0 

No I have also that issue but is something that i solve like you. In the other case tracks doesn't work in any case.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #8,398 of 18,652

Am I the only person here who think that's strange?
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it is strange too!

To me, firmware changes the sound a tiny bit but EQ makes huge sound changes compared to this

Dec 11, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #8,400 of 18,652
Unless you have DX50 or have one then its difficult to understand. The EQ settings doesn't work the same way people are used to.

Headwhacker, how does the dx50 compare (sq) to an android feeding via usb the c5d? (Any android player you think of course)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back