The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #7,607 of 18,652
Hi guys
I have a slight hiss with lo settings and no hiss with hi setting, is this normail?
Inam using akg k3003
Thx

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #7,612 of 18,652
I would advise you not to use it with an amp that's potentially worse than the amp section in the DX50 otherwise it's pointless.

This.

I've been researching amplifiers because of the extollations about outboard amplifiers in this thread. DX50's amp is good. Very good. Better than any entry-level portable amp out there and better than some amps in the $100-$200 range. Around $150 is where I've started seeing amplifiers worth bothering with.

And then sanity takes hold. Don't buy an amp for DX50. Buy an amp for the headphones you want to use, and be sure that the headphones you want to use can actually take advantage of an amplifier. Otherwise you're wasting money.

Edit: I expect someone's going to ask me, "what amp do you recommend?" I don't, because I don't have your headphones or your ears. But if I were to get an amp it'd probably be a JDS Labs C5. It sounds good, is reasonably sized (about the same footprint as DX50), has decent battery life (about the same as DX50), and is affordably priced.

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #7,613 of 18,652
Nov 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #7,615 of 18,652
  I just had an issue with my dx50 , it stopped in the middle of track while playing a song ,anyone have experienced this ?

A small number of people on here have experienced small issues like this. Most of the time, it's not a lasting problem. If it freezes up on you, a quick restart (hold down power button) is usually all that's needed.

iBasso just doesn't have the manpower like Microsoft and Apple to ensure the firmwares are perfect.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #7,616 of 18,652
  I just had an issue with my dx50 , it stopped in the middle of track while playing a song ,anyone have experienced this ?

Sometimes it happens to me due to the static that I get from my clothing. A quick restart will resolve the problem.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #7,617 of 18,652
You are wrong because the answer Ibasso about using the DX50 as a USB DAC:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We will try to develop the USB-DAC function for the DX50 in the near future.
Sincerely

iBasso Audio

post #7546

Gee I wish people could use nicer language than "You are wrong...."!

Cancerf1, for your info, iBasso advised other members that a USB-DAC was not possible more than once and reported earlier in this thread several times. The post you've quoted is a complete backflip and surprise for many. Clearly you are new to Head-Fi but if you want to be respected, be cautious with your posts and read the whole 500+ pages before posting.

"It appears iBasso has reversed its position...." Is a lot more polite and factual.

End of rant....

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #7,618 of 18,652
Gee I wish people could use nicer language than "You are wrong...."!

Cancerf1, for your info, iBasso advised other members that a USB-DAC was not possible more than once and reported earlier in this thread several times. The post you've quoted is a complete backflip and surprise for many. Clearly you are new to Head-Fi but if you want to be respected, be cautious with your posts and read the whole 500+ pages before posting.

"It appears iBasso has reversed its position...." Is a lot more polite and factual.

End of rant....

Lol watch your heart rate. I guess a lot of new members just eager to contribute. Then again who would read 500+ pages of post just to look up a topic. The search function is not so reliable most of the time.

If Ibasso indeed implement the USB DAC funtion then it's going to be sweet. For me, it makes DX50 a one size fits all device for my listening pleasure needs.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #7,620 of 18,652

A small number of people on here have experienced small issues like this. Most of the time, it's not a lasting problem. If it freezes up on you, a quick restart (hold down power button) is usually all that's needed.

iBasso just doesn't have the manpower like Microsoft and Apple to ensure the firmwares are perfect.

Sometimes it happens to me due to the static that I get from my clothing. A quick restart will resolve the problem.

I comes again after reset though, I tried upgrading to 1.25 , I will have a look see if the issue comes up again , althought there is a member that reports that 1.25 have a not so stellar sq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back