The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #7,338 of 18,652
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #7,339 of 18,652
Right the hw play button doesn't work at all now, you would think qc would check that the bloody thing works before giving it the ok. Now to see what ibasso suggest, has anyone experienced ibasso's returns procedure? Do they refund shipping costs?

Shame really, The player sounds quite nice.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #7,341 of 18,652
It would seen that it must have a dead spot right in the center of the switch, the switch is mechanically fine ( I can feel and hear it operating) but electrically its shagged.

I wouldn't mind so much but its the hassle of posting it back to Hong Kong and waiting for a replacement when this problem would have been noticed if the unit had been tested mechanically before it left the factory.

But such is life. Wont stop me playing with the rest of it over the weekend mind...

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #7,344 of 18,652
My screen turned blue after doing nothing. Also, after I started playing a song and hit volume up, the dx50 shuts down. I already updated to 1.2.5 and performed a factory reset, so about this issue I'll wait and see what happens.

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #7,345 of 18,652
Well my machine arrived today in the UK 2 days after shipment and no extra customs duties added on -:) .

Loaded music onto both internal and external card. Had a slight panic when my micro card wouldn't fit in after several attempts and it wouldn't go in straight and it was sticking out until I realised I had it the wrong way round.

The player scanned the card no problems but it's only got about 10g out of 64g filled.

Very quick review - sound is wonderful, so very happy and Definitely has more separation etc. than the Ipod and the graham Slee voyager.

But at the moment, I cannot tell much difference if any between the DX50 amp out and DX50 line out through the Graham Slee Voyager, which is actually kind of disappointing and not what I expected. The GSV made an amazing amount of difference when paired up with the ipod classic 5.5.

Playing it through sennheiser HD600 and also my UE Fi/Pros

My take is the amp on the DX 50 is that on that basis it must be pretty good.

But logically the thing now to do is to sell the GSV and ..... Get something better, the question is what ........

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #7,347 of 18,652
Well my machine arrived today in the UK 2 days after shipment and no extra customs duties added on -:) .

Loaded music onto both internal and external card. Had a slight panic when my micro card wouldn't fit in after several attempts and it wouldn't go in straight and it was sticking out until I realised I had it the wrong way round.

The player scanned the card no problems but it's only got about 10g out of 64g filled.

Very quick review - sound is wonderful, so very happy and Definitely has more separation etc. than the Ipod and the graham Slee voyager.

But at the moment, I cannot tell much difference if any between the DX50 amp out and DX50 line out through the Graham Slee Voyager, which is actually kind of disappointing and not what I expected. The GSV made an amazing amount of difference when paired up with the ipod classic 5.5.

Playing it through sennheiser HD600 and also my UE Fi/Pros

My take is the amp on the DX 50 is that on that basis it must be pretty good.

But logically the thing now to do is to sell the GSV and ..... Get something better, the question is what ........

Have a look at that thread, it might give you an idea. :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp/0_20

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #7,349 of 18,652
Sweet jebus this sounds nice.

Even though people said it doesn't quite have enough juice to drive the HD600s, on high gain and high enough volume it sounds beautiful. 

I haven't had any bugs or issues with this yet either. 

I'd love them to add a 'rate music' feature, but more importantly allow me to access the 'delete song' option directly from now playing without having to browse for it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #7,350 of 18,652
Sweet jebus this sounds nice.

Even though people said it doesn't quite have enough juice to drive the HD600s, on high gain and high enough volume it sounds beautiful. 

I haven't had any bugs or issues with this yet either. 

I'd love them to add a 'rate music' feature, but more importantly allow me to access the 'delete song' option directly from now playing without having to browse for it.

All things considered, the DX50 drives the HD600s quite well on its own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back