The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #7,321 of 18,652

If I remember it correctly in FW v1.0 has some ADB connections, but not sure if that firmware is available, it's no on ibasso's site. 

I'm willing to try it if anyone still has a file kicking around.
The other option I have is to scrounge up a tool for packing and unpacking Rockchip firmware images. If I can unpack the image into a file system then I can add whatever I want to it, and if I can package that file system back into an update image then I can install it. Kind of tedious that way compared to ADB but....

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #7,322 of 18,652
  Hi,

Few days ago I contacted ido.com.vn to find out more about Leather Case designed for iBasso DX50, originally posted by vincent215.

Here is the link where you can buy it: http://ido.com.vn/goods-777-ibasso-dx50-leather-case.html

Price is $30 + $10 - $15 shipping.

They accept payment via PayPal.

Looks pretty nice; looks like it would age well.  Very rustic.  Me likey

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #7,323 of 18,652
Well I joined the club today with a new shiny DX50.

I have no idea what batch it is but its probably 9th.  I picked it up at a shop in Hong Kong who didn't have any a week and change ago.  Went in today and they had one so I took it.  Warranty card expires Dec 14, 2014 so its gotta be reasonably fresh.  Its pre loaded with firmare 1.2.5 anyway so it seems I don't have to learn how to do a firmware update which is nice.

I will have to do some digging through the plethora of posts on some initial things to do.  I have set gapless to 5 seconds which hopefully makes for seamless transition between tracks.  It got it so quick that the 64 gig storage card I ordered from Amazon has not even arrived so for the time being I am only able to use internal memory (8 gig becomes less I gather due to firmware and such taking up space as there is only 5.65 gig available and there is no music on it).

I am wondering, when the card is in and 5.65 becomes 5.65+64, does it matter where the music is?  I am inclined to just keep everything on the card but if there was overflow, does it make it harder to use the music if some is on the internal memory?

One dumb question - is there any charging indicator?  I can see my battery is full and I can see the internal storage via the cable when attached to the computer so I assume its charging but there doesn't seem to be an indicator?

Hopefully this all works well, really looking forward to this when travelling and hooked up to a car audio input jack.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #7,324 of 18,652
  Well I joined the club today with a new shiny DX50.

I have no idea what batch it is but its probably 9th.  I picked it up at a shop in Hong Kong who didn't have any a week and change ago.  Went in today and they had one so I took it.  Warranty card expires Dec 14, 2014 so its gotta be reasonably fresh.  Its pre loaded with firmare 1.2.5 anyway so it seems I don't have to learn how to do a firmware update which is nice.

I will have to do some digging through the plethora of posts on some initial things to do.  I have set gapless to 5 seconds which hopefully makes for seamless transition between tracks.  It got it so quick that the 64 gig storage card I ordered from Amazon has not even arrived so for the time being I am only able to use internal memory (8 gig becomes less I gather due to firmware and such taking up space as there is only 5.65 gig available and there is no music on it).

I am wondering, when the card is in and 5.65 becomes 5.65+64, does it matter where the music is?  I am inclined to just keep everything on the card but if there was overflow, does it make it harder to use the music if some is on the internal memory?

One dumb question - is there any charging indicator?  I can see my battery is full and I can see the internal storage via the cable when attached to the computer so I assume its charging but there doesn't seem to be an indicator?

Hopefully this all works well, really looking forward to this when travelling and hooked up to a car audio input jack.

Welcome.  
I love mine, but if you read through this thread you`ll find an enormous range of experiences with the dx50.  Some people obviously want to throw theirs off the nearest bridge, while others, like me, take it to bed with them every night.  Zero problems (so far?) I`ll quickly tell you my experiences to answer your questions.

Mine was batch 7, recieved 2 weeks ago with 1.2.2, so yours with 1.2.5 is definitely more recent.  Lots of people are having crazy scanning issues and file-management problems.  I had none: I just loaded an authentic Sandisk 64gb with tons of hi-rez flac and it scanned it in about 10 seconds and played it all perfectly.  

About the two storage sources in the dx50, once I connect the dx50 to my mac, I see two hard disks on my desktop: one for the sd, one for 5.5gb internal remaining storage. I can put music on either, it doesn`t matter.  From the player you can choose files from either drive, in the menu.  

To answer your question about the charge indicator, if I power off the dx50 with it attached by usb to my mac,  a circular green charging indicator appears, and then disappears when fully charged.  Same if I plug it into a wall. 

Tons of useful information in the FAQ on page 1.  Remember there are tons of quirks with this great little gadget, and tons of awesome sound.  

d

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #7,325 of 18,652
Interesting Dopaminer, you mention the charge thing and when I plugged it in just now it showed up!  It wasn't before.  Alas, on the desktop it was making the 'dadoink' noise over and over again so I put it onto a external battery storage unit and it was noiseless (on the computer).  I think it must be quite full as the green thing stopped after a few goes anyway.  Really wish I had those storage cards I bought - 64 gig is hard to get locally so I am having them sent from the US.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #7,326 of 18,652
does anyone know how i'm supposed to get the SD card i have plugged into my ibasso dx50 to show up on my computer when i connect the device via usb?

it worked yesterday and i could upload music, but now it's not showing up. only the dx50 internal memory is. I'm on a MBP running mountain lion or hwatever the newest version of OSX is.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #7,327 of 18,652
  does anyone know how i'm supposed to get the SD card i have plugged into my ibasso dx50 to show up on my computer when i connect the device via usb?

it worked yesterday and i could upload music, but now it's not showing up. only the dx50 internal memory is. I'm on a MBP running mountain lion or hwatever the newest version of OSX is.

Both the memory card and the DX50's internal memory should appear. Don't know why its not but I highly recommend getting and SD card adapter so you can plug your micro sd card into the SD card slot on the macbook pro (thats what I do!).

Transfer speeds are faster. The adapter can be bought from ebay, amazon etc for not a lot of clams!

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #7,330 of 18,652

Do they get international orders?

Hi all I have poked around on headfi for a few years now.  Never joined.  

Anyways I noticed the case from IDO this morning in my facebook feed.  Thought it was really nice and found out how to order.  Came here to see if anyone has bought it yet.  Seems they haven't.  

Says to email him and ask for a paypal request.   
email phuong@ido.com.vn 

I emailed him awhile ago but I imagine it's the middle of the night in Vietnam.  

Here is their facebook page.  
https://www.facebook.com/Ido.com.vn   

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #7,332 of 18,652
Just got my batch 9.

With 1.2.5 it sounds pretty damn good already.

I was not prompted to scan my SD card when I turned it on. Where can I initiate a scan?

Pop the card out and in again, it will prompt you, select scan and you'll be on your way to scan. Go have a look at the FAQ page referenced from page 1 of this thread for some more useful information.

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #7,333 of 18,652
Got it, thanks. Inserting and removing the SD card didn't do it (maybe because I had turned it off first).

I like that I can delete music on the player its self. Is there a way, from the now playing screen, to locate the song immediately in a directory without having to browse for that song to pull up the menu that include delete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back