The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #10,579 of 18,652
question. where can I get some DSD music files??  Does HDTrack has it?

THanks

Best is to search the net, look for "free DSD sample files" if you want to test it and just "buy DSD audio files" if you want to buy but be ready to caught up some cash those are rather expensive. Tbh you better of staying in the 41khz/48khz well recorded media or if you feel rich a little go for 96khz/24-bit files. Higher is a diminishing return.

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #10,582 of 18,652
Best is to search the net, look for "free DSD sample files" if you want to test it and just "buy DSD audio files" if you want to buy but be ready to caught up some cash those are rather expensive. Tbh you better of staying in the 41khz/48khz well recorded media or if you feel rich a little go for 96khz/24-bit files. Higher is a diminishing return.

2L is a good site.  I believe this is a list of free downloads:

http://www.2l.no/hires/

It's mostly classical in this listing but should still give you an idea how DSD works on the DX50. 

Thanks!! got it!!

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #10,585 of 18,652
  What the heck? I just upgraded my line to 90mbit upload? 
biggrin.gif

Took maybe two secs so your investment paying off with my 35mb dl speed. Thanks for hosting.

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #10,587 of 18,652
Decided to try one of the DSD files, or two actually with the new firmware.  Interesting enough though I can't find those files to play on the dx50. Was expecting like, being able to see the file.  Not sure how to play it when I can't select it.  

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #10,588 of 18,652
  Decided to try one of the DSD files, or two actually with the new firmware.  Interesting enough though I can't find those files to play on the dx50. Was expecting like, being able to see the file.  Not sure how to play it when I can't select it.  

same here. maybe just a SACD rip isn't enough? I've never had any problems with SACD rips with my foobar, so never paid any attention to it, but now I'm dying to listen some dsd on my DX50 and nothing :frowning2:

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #10,590 of 18,652

same here. maybe just a SACD rip isn't enough? I've never had any problems with SACD rips with my foobar, so never paid any attention to it, but now I'm dying to listen some dsd on my DX50 and nothing :frowning2:

I downloaded some of the DSD rips that someone posted from this web page: http://www.2l.no/hires/  

Has DSD 128 and DSD 64, downloaded one of each but they're no where to be found on the dx50.  So my DSD playback tests have been underwhelming due to lack of being able to play them back.  lol.  :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back