The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #10,531 of 18,652

Is there any way to select the sample rate in Foobar2000's converter? I can set the bit depth, but I don't see any menu fo the sample rate. That's with the latest version (1.3.1).

You have to add the resampler plugin, then select the frequency you want to resample to during the conversion.  I down-sampled a handful of 192 to 96 that way and it worked great.  Still can't tell the difference between 96 and 192.

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #10,532 of 18,652
Although I am a card carrying Apple fanboy, (Macs 30th birthday was yesterday) I use DB poweramp(on a barebones windows box), mainly due to ease of use and it is great for tags. I have zero tag problems when using DB poweramp. XLD is great if you only have OSX equipment.

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #10,533 of 18,652
Although I am a card carrying Apple fanboy, (Macs 30th birthday was yesterday) I use DB poweramp(on a barebones windows box), mainly due to ease of use and it is great for tags. I have zero tag problems when using DB poweramp. XLD is great if you only have OSX equipment.

+1, i use XLD with great results, easy and 100% reliable. i am Mac only, had many PCs including very good server edition with freak tweak rewritten Win system customised to supersonic speeds and no viruses due to modified kernell but after long time i gave up on Windows, not worth hassle.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #10,537 of 18,652
+1, i use XLD with great results, easy and 100% reliable. i am Mac only, had many PCs including very good server edition with freak tweak rewritten Win system customised to supersonic speeds and no viruses due to modified kernell but after long time i gave up on Windows, not worth hassle.

Unfortunately I have to keep a Windows box around for my other obsessive money pit of a hobby, amateur radio. There are apps that are critical for me that are not ported to or have an equivalent for Osx. I refuse to run Windows on any of my Macs. Kinda like buying a Ferrari and putting a Ford engine in it. Slightly off topic, was wondering if you have or are going to install Mavericks. I installed it on my Imac but I am leaving my Mac pro until I decide if I like the OS. There are some features I am not sure about yet.

Cheers,
Shawn

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #10,538 of 18,652
Unfortunately I have to keep a Windows box around for my other obsessive money pit of a hobby, amateur radio. There are apps that are critical for me that are not ported to or have an equivalent for Osx. I refuse to run Windows on any of my Macs. Kinda like buying a Ferrari and putting a Ford engine in it. Slightly off topic, was wondering if you have or are going to install Mavericks. I installed it on my Imac but I am leaving my Mac pro until I decide if I like the OS. There are some features I am not sure about yet.

Cheers,
Shawn

frankly speaking no opinion because i keep all my five Macs on Snow Leopard system as i find osx10.6 best and most stable and it does all i want. I heard not so good opinions about Maverick and prior Lion did not impress me either.

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #10,539 of 18,652
I have Snow leopard and Lion on the same computer. I like that I can use some older programs with Snow Leopard and lame that Apple didn't make later OS more amenable. 

-------------------

Since loading the latest FW no problems. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #10,540 of 18,652
Originally Posted by fightmyass /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was listening it on maximum volume and hi gain with beyerdynamic DT 770 pro(250 Ohm)

Wow. That's strange. I use 300 Ohm Sennheiser HD-580, and the maximum volume level I ever set was about 215-220 (also high gain). Higher levels lead to physical pain.

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #10,541 of 18,652

Cheers,
Shawn

hi skp44 i run mavericks and to me they are so similar that it doesn't really differ for me there were some issues in the begin like Ccleaner not working on mavericks but all of those problems are patched. greatest benefit for me is the battery longevity thanks to better ram usage in mavericks. 

+1 for XLD fool proof to work with love it.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #10,542 of 18,652

You have to add the resampler plugin, then select the frequency you want to resample to during the conversion.  I down-sampled a handful of 192 to 96 that way and it worked great.  Still can't tell the difference between 96 and 192.

Thanks! I can't myself see a difference between 96 and 44.1 when I compare identical recordings, but that's another story.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #10,544 of 18,652
Hey guys! How's the charging time like for the DX50? Mine seems to be fully charged within a span of 1 hr (from 1 bar left). Is it normal?

Actually, not very normal… I would say that it should depend on battery and charger strength, but 1 hour REALLY seems too fast, unless you're using a very fast charger (which, however, usually leads to shorter overall usable life for the battery - that is, less recharge cycles)... My batteries (plural) usually charge in about 2-3 hours… How are you charging the battery, is it new/old?

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #10,545 of 18,652
Hey guys! How's the charging time like for the DX50? Mine seems to be fully charged within a span of 1 hr (from 1 bar left). Is it normal?

it should take 3-4 hours to fully charge. maybe the indicator is not working? charge that way and see how long it works. if it is higher than 10 hours, than you have a wonder charger and battery for your DX50 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back