The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,036 of 18,652
MP4Audio send out their units a few hours ago :)
What that means is that I'll get my DX50 tomorrow or on Friday at the latest.
Finally!
It has been a royal PITA to hear all the praise about this DAP from you folks, without being able to verify it myself.
Still no idea if I'll get a second battery, but I don't really care about it anyway.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,040 of 18,652
To the guys who want to know about the 50 vs the C3...

The 50 wins hands down. My C3 is paired with the C&C BH amp and the DX50 is superior. 

I agree, it's sounding better the longer it's run...I've had music pumping out of the thing for a day and half solid and it really does sound better than when I first played it.

They gotta fix this tagging thing...I don't want to re-tag 3000 flacs...that's nuts. I'v also done a few albums but there's got to be a better way.

What's a good tagging software?

Steve from NYC

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #1,041 of 18,652
  They gotta fix this tagging thing...I don't want to re-tag 3000 flacs...that's nuts. I'v also done a few albums but there's got to be a better way.

Steve from NYC

Luckily I only had to retag around 50 files, so I'm not too fussed about that. 3000 files however... definitely worth waiting for new firmware. 

MP3tag is free and works very well. Easy CD-DA Extractor (30 Day trial + paid) also works very well and I usually have better luck with it when trying to source Album Art.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #1,042 of 18,652
  To the guys who want to know about the 50 vs the C3...

The 50 wins hands down. My C3 is paired with the C&C BH amp and the DX50 is superior. 

I agree, it's sounding better the longer it's run...I've had music pumping out of the thing for a day and half solid and it really does sound better than when I first played it.

Steve from NYC

Despite the name, it tags far more than just mp3..... http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #1,043 of 18,652

Despite the name, it tags far more than just mp3..... http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

LOL Achmed...you beat me to it bro... I was about to ask that!

Thanks guys.

I gotta say...I'm listening to 24/96 Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me and it's INSANE on this thing with the Heir 4Ai's!!

Steve from NYC

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #1,044 of 18,652

Luckily I only had to retag around 50 files, so I'm not too fussed about that. 3000 files however... definitely worth waiting for new firmware. 

MP3tag is free and works very well. Easy CD-DA Extractor (30 Day trial + paid) also works very well and I usually have better luck with it when trying to source Album Art.

3000.  Haha, i wish.  My ak100 has over 10K!   That wouldn't even fit on 1 sd card in the dx50.  I just used the card in my sansa clip, around 5K songs.  Even there, the dx botched over half the files in the scan.  No way I am going to retag those.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,045 of 18,652

3000.  Haha, i wish.  My ak100 has over 10K!   That wouldn't even fit on 1 sd card in the dx50.  I just used the card in my sansa clip, around 5K songs.  Even there, the dx botched over half the files in the scan.  No way I am going to retag those.

LOL crazy bro!

I am going to try my RWAK100 rig with the extender cable for the 128GB SD card. It works on the DX100 and the RWAK...so I'm hoping it works with this little baby...

Steve from NYC

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #1,046 of 18,652
So... To retag, we must remove the apostrophe in the file name only? Or even within the tag itself? I'm going to guess tags... Jesus Christ this is going to be one helluva ride.

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,047 of 18,652
  So... To retag, we must remove the apostrophe in the file name only? Or even within the tag itself? I'm going to guess tags... Jesus Christ this is going to be one helluva ride.

Tags, Filenames and Album Names. So if the Album has a apostrophe, all the songs in that album need to be adjusted. And if the artist has an apostrophe, have to remove that too.

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,048 of 18,652

Tags, Filenames and Album Names. So if the Album has a apostrophe, all the songs in that album need to be adjusted. And if the artist has an apostrophe, have to remove that too.

I think we just need to wait for iBasso to correct this issue.  I am confident that iBasso will be able to rectify this issue given that the same problem was not a problem on the DX100. 

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #1,050 of 18,652
I'm just doing selective loading until this is worked out by iBasso. There's no freaking way I'm going to do all this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back