The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #9,421 of 18,652
I am so impressed with the FW 1.2.7 (including 1.2.6)

Gapless fixed (no more gapless timing which for me made no sense, this is more like other daps now: on/off)
Sleep Timer working
Last song timeline position saved
User driven wallpaper
Scanning progress bar and improved scanning overall
Song timeline is way more stable, I used to fail it regularly by just clicking on it.
Overall it's very stable, have been enjoying music for weeks now, you got to stick to some basic rules but once you do, from there it's smooth sailing.

Now I heard ppl saying there is no sound changes which is true for the most part however I noticed an improvement on the mid-highs, it seems to me that the voices are now projecting quite well (female especially). Let me know if I erred on the impression.

At this stage, it will just be enhancements.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #9,422 of 18,652
im not sure if its just because I've been using my dragonfly for so long since my amp died on me or what... but im really liking the sound of the DX50. I have no clue if its just my brain getting use to the dragonfly then going back to the DX50, or if new FW did anything (no way im going back and forth between 1.2.7. and 1.2.6. just to test that) but yea! Yay DX50!

also headfi blocks out inappropriate words now?...

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #9,426 of 18,652
EQ updates anyone?

I checked it up but to be honest, I don't sense much in terms of improvements, mind you I don't use it so my only comparison is with 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 that I just tried once to see if at least it turns on. I noticed, and that must have been there since the very beginning, you need to push the sliders all the way up to equal the output with the EQ off. No my most favorite DX50 feature. It'd be missing and I would not loose sleep over it.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #9,427 of 18,652
  Trying to put 1.2.7. on my dx50 but nothing comes up that says "system update"....what am I doing wrong?

Plug your DX50 into your computer via the USB. Delete any old img file on the 50 and then drop the new FW and allow it to load. Then disconnect the DX50 and do the update from advanced and then factory reset. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #9,428 of 18,652
The only gripe i have now with the DX50 is that for whatever reason, like 3 of my songs are under Null for artist or album, theyre not tagged any differently from my other files.

Any ideas?

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #9,429 of 18,652
EQ updates anyone?

While the EQ is still subtractive in order to reduce the likelihood of clipping and/or distortion, one can easily detect more change with slider movement than the previous firmwares. I don't often use EQ, but when I do, I am happy with the enhancement provided by the new firmware.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #9,432 of 18,652
Ibasso told me the D42 could be used via USB OTG with the DX50!

Really?? Do you think that D42 could be better than the internals from DX50? I mean it would be great if that´s the case. That would make the DX50 the all in one, you can use it on it´s one, or as a Source together with a DAC/AMP or just an AMP. It´s my dream player comin true? Or do I have to wait for the DX90?

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #9,433 of 18,652
  Still struggling to put the wallpaper on my dx50.  How do I access the "root" folder? I'm using a mac if that matters.

The root is just the main memory of the unit.  There is no folder called "root," although this is what iBasso calls it. :)

In other words, put your desired wallpaper image where you put update.img to update the firmware.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #9,434 of 18,652

Very nice, here is my potential candidates :)

Earth and Moon:

Guitar on Fire:

Note on Fire:

Female Singer:

That is going to be so much fun
L3000.gif

And here's my wallpapers of choice:

That's the wallpaper i put up. Its my new headfi avatar that my girlfriend drew for me. So proud of her 
biggrin.gif

Here's my new wallpaper

Look very nice on the screen. Color match too

Wasn't it wood-y, smth like that?

That's a bit better. More contrast + accent to the album cover.

Great wallpapers you have there, thanks for sharing

Is there a way to get them at the 1st page? I have zero skills to work images on the computer but I like to change the background image once in a while and it would be terrific if you make all of them available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back