The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #856 of 18,652
Sep 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #857 of 18,652
tried my friend dx50 yesterday,
also encountered the reverse channel issue. but after that i change the track and then switch the track back,
the reverse channel is gone.
same encounter on my jriver mc19 beta.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #858 of 18,652
I did just receive an email from iBasso confirming that they plan to release a firmware update in 2 days that will address most reported issues with continuing updates until the UI performs as expected. They really want the DX50 to be a benchmark instrument.

While is is always disappointing to find such issues in a new product, I suspect it would take iBasso months upon months of testing to discover bugs that we, the first users, have collectively discovered in a matter of days.

Given the level of outstanding customer service from iBasso over the past years, there is no doubt in my mind that software "bugs" will be corrected very shortly.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #859 of 18,652
I did just receive an email from iBasso confirming that they plan to release a firmware update in 2 days that will address most reported issues with continuing updates until the UI performs as expected. They really want the DX50 to be a benchmark instrument.

While is is always disappointing to find such issues in a new product, I suspect it would take iBasso months upon months of testing to discover bugs that we, the first users, have collectively discovered in a matter of days.

Given the level of outstanding customer service from iBasso over the past years, there is no doubt in my mind that software "bugs" will be corrected very shortly.

thanks for this post. really, it was a pleasant read LOL

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #860 of 18,652
I BELIEVE mine was second batch, as I did not get the free battery.

BTW, sorry for the confusion...Before, Eddie's guitars were on the right and roth was on the left. WHEN I FLIP the headphones, Eddie should be on the left and Roth on the right. Luckily, Mad Dogs fit both ways.

It's amazing how long reversed channels can go before you actually notice it. Makes me feel like I don't know my own music, lol.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #862 of 18,652
Can the people experiencing reverse channels try a hard reset. Far as I know holding the power button for 7 seconds is the procedure. And if that doesnt fix it anyone who has the problem get straight onto emailing iBasso. It's a pretty big deal imo.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #863 of 18,652
  I'm curious about the Mad Dogs - how do they sound with the ALO+DX50? (I think it's an ALO, not sure of the model)

Match made in audio heaven.  They are both highly symmetrical and reflect each others qualities extremely well. 
May I know the amp in the photo?
Does it improve the sound of DX50 significantly?

It is the Alo International in a Sennheiser MX-980 Leather Case that happens to fit it perfectly.  Yes, it improves the quality of the DX50 in the mid's and upper areas.  The bass is almost totally unaffected, as there is no audible difference between Phone out and Line out on the Low end experiences when used with the International and my JH16, LCD3 or the Mad Dogs.  I am actually shocked the sound stage size and depth is better than the Hisound Studio V.  Side by Side with it, the DX50 is the obvious winner in spaciousness and dynamics, which is further accentuated by the Mad Dogs incredibly lively and realistic staging experience.  

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #864 of 18,652
With past experience of iBasso customer's service and their continued efforts to refine the DX100 as a product, which I still own. I have nothing but praise for this company, and am sure future FW updates will correct preliminary bugs and improve the UI. In all honesty, the UI on the DX50 is already so much better than the DX100 at launch.

However, a little patience is required, that is all...........and see how the first FW update deals with the initial teething problems.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #865 of 18,652
Out of my Cowon players (headphone jack only) into a Magni, Mad Dogs sounds dark and veiled.

Out of DX50 lineout into Magni, they become much more neutral, much brighter, more detailed. Still plenty of power in the bass/low-mids, excellent for heavy metal (I'm spinning Judas Priest's Painkiller now and this album has NEVER sounded this good on a portable). Total and complete transformation.

Tried the hard reset a few times throughout the day, no difference.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #867 of 18,652
Managed to get my issues down to literally 7 tracks across my albums not playing in order and no matter what I do with mp3tag they simply will not play in the correct way

Been emailing ibasso today who are apparently releasing a new firmware tomorrow but not sure if this particular issue will be in this fix or not

I'll wait and see what the update brings but if my issues arent resolved due to my music being mostly mix albums then I reckon this could be a deal breaker for me

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #868 of 18,652

Would you say it's worthy enough for Queen? 
biggrin.gif

i would say no.  She's more high class; AK120 more like it

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #869 of 18,652
The more I listen to the DX50 vs the DX100 the more satisfied I am with the unit.  It's got a very speedy UI with some small bugs to iron out.  SQ to my ears compared to the DX100 is about 60-70% of the SQ.  Main differences comes from staging/clarity/seperation and highs....the DX100 is just on another level....also has a much cleaner punch on the bass.  BUT, the DX50 really gets away with quite a bit because I feel that the mids are closer to the DX100 performance level compared to these other factors.....This is all comparing on low gain, silver widow cables, TG334.  Need to try the parterres here, might be a better fit because of the sound signature.  Line out amped by o2 with the HD650 brings the performance much closer to DX100 line out with the same setup.....I'd say 80-90% there.

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #870 of 18,652
  The more I listen to the DX50 vs the DX100 the more satisfied I am with the unit.  It's got a very speedy UI with some small bugs to iron out.  SQ to my ears compared to the DX100 is about 60-70% of the SQ.  Main differences comes from staging/clarity/seperation and highs....the DX100 is just on another level....also has a much cleaner punch on the bass.  BUT, the DX50 really gets away with quite a bit because I feel that the mids are closer to the DX100 performance level compared to these other factors.....This is all comparing on low gain, silver widow cables, TG334.  Need to try the parterres here, might be a better fit because of the sound signature.  Line out amped by o2 with the HD650 brings the performance much closer to DX100 line out with the same setup.....I'd say 80-90% there.

I would agree with this as well.  I remember liking the DX100 quite a lot as it has punch & dynamics headroom of a good desktop amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back