The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #8,221 of 18,652

It isn't terrible in 1.2.6 but it isn't right either. The funny thing about V1.2.5 is that sometimes there was a tiny gap and then sometimes it got the gapless perfect. So it seems like they were close to pegging it.

I am definitely enjoying the sound of the new firmware. They seem to have succeeded in widening the soundstage without sucking out the mids as was my complaint in 1.2.3beta. The bass may be a bit stronger than 1.2.5 but it is sounding plenty tight.

Same observation here, the bass has gotten a bit thumpier than 1.2.5 contrary to other's observation of lesser bass. 1.2.6 still  maintains clear mids and highs. I hate the gapless now. The gapless setting in 1.2.5 I thought is already fine.

I guess I'm not as sensitive to soundstage as I can't discern any changes. The bass now sounds amazing with my T1/C5D combo.

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #8,222 of 18,652
It isn't terrible in 1.2.6 but it isn't right either. The funny thing about V1.2.5 is that sometimes there was a tiny gap and then sometimes it got the gapless perfect. So it seems like they were close to pegging it.

I am definitely enjoying the sound of the new firmware. They seem to have succeeded in widening the soundstage without sucking out the mids as was my complaint in 1.2.3beta. The bass may be a bit stronger than 1.2.5 but it is sounding plenty tight.

I love everything about the 1.2.6 update, except the gapless function... They really dropped the ball on that one. They are, however, aware of the bug and I'm sure they'll be adressing it soon.

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #8,223 of 18,652
  Hi All,
I have a problem which i wanted to share with you.
I am an owner of the amazing DX50 (latest software version) and been using it with my Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 80 ohms.
Sound is amazing and detailed.

Last week i got the Westone 3  (3 drivers)..i connected it to my computer and my Cowon S9 and they all sounded amazing, detailed as it should be. The only MAIN problem is when I connect it to the DX50, it goes down the hill... no details.... no brights.. and I don't know what to do.

i have couple of אheories:

1. the beyer are 80 ohms and the W3 are 30 ohms and DX doesn't sound good with lower ohms (?)
2. maybe 1.2 software version doesn't go well with the W3, i need to roll back to the oldest ver and text

please advise.

Any thoughts guys?

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #8,225 of 18,652
Dec 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #8,226 of 18,652
Feel stupid for asking, but what line out cable are people using?

I made my own after trying a few cables commercially available. Nothing seems to fit nicely unless you make your own. But any cable with 3.5mm plugs should work.
beyersmile.png

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #8,229 of 18,652
Damn it what did Ibasso do to the new FW. I now can't stop listening using my T1.
deadhorse.gif

I never heard my T1 like this with DX50

Too bad the cable is too long and bulky otherwise will bring the combo it in the park. Perhaps my next DIY project, a shorter lighter cable for T1.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #8,230 of 18,652

I made my own after trying a few cables commercially available. Nothing seems to fit nicely unless you make your own. But any cable with 3.5mm plugs should work.
beyersmile.png

Get rid of the plastic housing and you will have a much lower profile IC. 

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #8,232 of 18,652
  Get rid of the plastic housing and you will have a much lower profile IC. 

That's my original plan and my first attempt was just flimsy. IC this short puts too much strain on the short wires when pulling out the plugs. I want it as low as possible but sturdy

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #8,234 of 18,652
Hi,

My DX50 just arrived today, 9th batch and came with 1.2.5 by default.
First experiences are great, tho I could't manage to make my Macbook recognize it, so I formatted it to EXFAT.
After that I could copy music to the device's internal memory but the player doesn't detected any songs. So I just put a 1GB mSD into it, at the moment I don't have any larger in capacity or in Class, so I guess the lags when pressing Play/Pause can be due to the slow card.

Anyway, since I formatted to EXFAT I can't even connect the device to my computer, it charges tho.
Tried factory reset. Device is turned on when plugging in to computer so I really have no clue on the issue.
Any suggestions?

By the way there is a good deal on mp4nation right now. 20USD off coupon with free BW R3.

Edit: Forgot to mention other than the lag which is probably because the slow card the plyer operates smoothly without any scanning issues or freezes.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #8,235 of 18,652
That's a rather clever use of the standard height dual-lock vs. the more generally preferred, it seems, low profile type.

Thanks. Someone here is using low profile dual lock successfully with the SD to MicroSD Adapter but my low profile dual lock is way too low so I guess that there is more than one version out there. The standard is good with the cable running inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back