The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 31, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #5,551 of 18,652
  Long time no see, DX50 lovers.

Here's my DX50 rig:) 

I like the new improvements in terms of the UI in the latest, v1.22 fw update!

Fantastic looking outfit! Must be a real joy to listen to. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #5,555 of 18,652
speaking of the images above, do you know if there is suitable casing to host DX50? i have all my DAPs with casing and hate using one without it.

@MiniMaster, arhhh.... sorry chap for your mishap. :frowning2:

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #5,558 of 18,652
  speaking of the images above, do you know if there is suitable casing to host DX50? i have all my DAPs with casing and hate using one without it.

@MiniMaster, arhhh.... sorry chap for your mishap. :frowning2:

There are some pretty persistent rumors about a silicone case from Ibasso being underway.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #5,561 of 18,652
Found a way to fix my DX50's problem with static. I just cut a 1cm square of aluminium foil, placed it on the pin under the battery cover and replaced the cover. Problem has gone away, and the sound has improved as well ( mainly noticed the treble previously was a bit out of control and sharp, now its perfect). So I guess I'm back to being a fairly happy DX50 user, but still a bit annoyed that mine came with a defective back cover grounding surface. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #5,562 of 18,652
  Found a way to fix my DX50's problem with static. I just cut a 1cm square of aluminium foil, placed it on the pin under the battery cover and replaced the cover. Problem has gone away, and the sound has improved as well ( mainly noticed the treble previously was a bit out of control and sharp, now its perfect). So I guess I'm back to being a fairly happy DX50 user, but still a bit annoyed that mine came with a defective back cover grounding surface. 

Still that is bloody great news!

So are you in the fold or are you going rogue?  ;-D

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #5,564 of 18,652

Still that is bloody great news!

So are you in the fold or are you going rogue?  ;-D

I'll keep the DX50, it is a great sounding player after all. But still getting the sony zx1 + pha-2 combo in a month, I can't resist trying them out :p

Hows the pico power doing, tell me whether to get the quickstep or the PP!  I'm itching for a good amp!

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #5,565 of 18,652
^ Soon. I'm home and back on the Quickstep. Tomorrow I will go back and forth a bit with the Pico Power and then I will post.

I pretty much know how they synergise with the DX50 at this point but there are some little things that I still want to focus on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back