The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #3,646 of 18,652
Well the stock battery is so long lasting I haven't even bother taking the free extra battery from 1st batch orders out of the box.... really surprised by the long run times I get.
(Btw this is on 1.2.0 which had been silky smooth for me so far)

aaahhh, this is great news indeed!
bigsmile_face.gif
my wallet gets to rest for a while, thanks!

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3,647 of 18,652
  Can someone help me whit my DX50? I have already sorted and tagged all of my music but my DAP would only play some albums according to their track numbers while others are played alphabetically I have tried using mp3 tagger to add a number in front of the track title but it does it in a  very ugly way e.g 1Bohemian Rhapsody  instead of 01 Bohemian Rhapsody.

Even after doing that my DAP refuses to play it according to the number and will jsut stubbornly follow the previous play order of that album.

Please help thanks 

I pretty sure read that we need to use "Copy in order" (http://www.softpedia.com/get/File-managers/Copy-In-Order.shtml) and that the file names need to have a leading zero...
could give it a try

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3,648 of 18,652
  I am surprised at the run time per charge. I am getting over 16 hours. I have both the stock battery and two Anker batteries from Amazon. I have used Anker in my Samsung S4 as well and they are excellent, outlasting the Samsung battery, which surprised me. You can by two batteries and the charger for 27 dollars. which is cheaper than one Samsung battery. I am using the DX50 a lot by itself and into balanced amps and with all, I am thoroughly enjoying the organic musical sound. All genre play excellent for me through the ESW10 JPN, LCD2 (amped balanced), JH13 Pro and the Portapros (these are the phones I use most often but the HE-500 and HE6 also play and wound great with the amp system).

For IC and cable I am using a very special wire that is totally revealing, more than anything I have ever heard before, sadly and good, more so than even my ultra high purity silver, which has never been beat before. Great stuff all! 

edit: ohh. nevermind, i totally misread this... applied "these are the phones i used most often" to Portapros only, not the whole list. duh

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #3,649 of 18,652
The list of phones are the most used.

I have some fine gauge silver I like.

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3,650 of 18,652

Not a problem.  My DX50 went crazy again and continue to freeze and later shutdown after playing a few minutes of tune.  I'm flushing a firmware again for the 10th time.  I think my unit is having problems with the 1.2.0 firmware.  Will try to downgrade to 1.6.0.  I'm glad you don't have my problems though.  Mine is from the first batch and it gives me plenty of headache from day one.

Purk, I think you should contact iBasso and have them send out a new unit pronto. They'll send the thing out with fast shipping as soon as you send them the receipt that shows that you sent the unit to them. A lot better and faster than having them send it out only after they receive it, which may take weeks. Seems like your unit is causing a lot of trouble, more so than others'.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #3,652 of 18,652
Hi guys, anybody tried the ER4S with the DX50? Would like to hear some views. Thanks.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #3,653 of 18,652
Hi guys, anybody tried the ER4S with the DX50? Would like to hear some views. Thanks.

Yes, I wrote a quick comparison many pages back.

There's decent detail and a touch of colouration from DX50's signature, makes ER4S rather versatile, however there's a slight lack of air the soundstage is rather narrow, it's still fine for listening and they perform well overall. 

You should use DX50 on low gain to drive them, which does so without a problem. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #3,654 of 18,652
Yes, I wrote a quick comparison many pages back.

There's decent detail and a touch of colouration from DX50's signature, makes ER4S rather versatile, however there's a slight lack of air the soundstage is rather narrow, it's still fine for listening and they perform well overall. 

You should use DX50 on low gain to drive them, which does so without a problem. 

Many thanks for the info. Do you think it will improve the soundstage if I use an amp ( Tralucent T1 for example)?

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #3,656 of 18,652
Hi All.
Love this player.
Question: I'm using Onboard Flash, MicroSD Card and External USB. all work fine. but, I have noticed that the DX scans only the MicroSD on start. Unless I play a new folder from.. let's say - the External USB, only than i can see it on the Album/artist lists.... what's up with that?

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3,658 of 18,652
Yes, the stage will improve from my experience, you'll take on a lot of the amps characteristics.  

Thanks again :wink: can't wait to get hold of my ER4S which should be arriving soon.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3,660 of 18,652
Anybody know how to create a playlist in the PC instead of on the player itself? 

Right now it's not possible, since creating a playlist doesn't create a file in the internal memory. I tried it the first time it came out, and for now, i think playlisting is not really an option (at least you have a lot of time).

due to slight treble harsh is there any fatigue in long time listening using dx50?

After breaking the 200 hour barrier, to me at least, the treble got a lot smoother, and it doesn't have that harsh silibance that used to have (using the same tracks for comparasing). Don't know if it was the 1.2 update or burn-in though, but it just doesn't bother me now. I'm using a mix of headphones (M50, HD25, RE-262, GR04 & 06, among others).

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back