The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #2,851 of 18,652
Yes. Because our time is so very very valuable and those seconds can make all the difference,
very_evil_smiley.gif

My suggestion is start the player, write another rant about how all these DAP's suck and by the time you are done, voila, the player will be ready to go. See, a win-win...

Haha, don't get me wrong. I love this thing to death, and I have yet to encounter any major issues until today...when I was in a pissed off mood. 

Well..it wasn't so much the waiting that killed me...it was the fact that the thing actually froze like that...twice..oh wait...three/four times.

You get the jist. When it does these things when you're not in a good mood, it tends to make you say stupid things. Get wit' it! 

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #2,853 of 18,652
When my player arrived I placed my sdcard in turned it on which DX50 began to scan, it stayed scanning for a very long time over 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, being a new owner and not reading any posts about this phenomenon I thought might of been normal, though I became tired rather quickly resetting the player. I turned it back on went straight to browse folders (stuff the scanning I thought) where it would play music but sometimes not in order and also would do a quick scan of each new folder I played once.

On the next boot being scared of the scan button I pressed it anyway which it did so for about 30 seconds (if that) and I've never had a problem since never got stuck again. My music plays in order, all my FLAC folders play (I did no tag cleaning), when I add new folders via PC it just does a quick scan on start up and everything plays sweet.

Overall so far I really enjoy DX50, we're becoming good pals together, a purchase well made, especially knowing support is around to improve on the DAP further,

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #2,854 of 18,652
Amped my DX50 with T1 last night and can't believe the sound coming out from my se535. Sound is more fuller, bass is punchy, highs are very clear and distinctive. Didn't get this sound sig from dx100 alone or dx100+T1.
smily_headphones1.gif

Was the volume button disabled in DX50 when you amped with T1? 
I mean the volume is controlled by the volume knob on your amp instead of DX50.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #2,855 of 18,652
Was the volume button disabled in DX50 when you amped with T1? 
I mean the volume is controlled by the volume knob on your amp instead of DX50.
when using the line out the volume buttons still function.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #2,858 of 18,652
So this is not a true LineOut in DX50, unlike the one in Apple iPod Classic/Touch?
In this case which is the right volume should be set during "LINEOUT" in DX50?
I find that when the volume is set to full it results in distortion through the line out. I prefer to keep it 5 ticks or so under max @250 or less.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,860 of 18,652

So this is not a true LineOut in DX50, unlike the one in Apple iPod Classic/Touch?
In this case which is the right volume should be set during "LINEOUT" in DX50?

This is a variable output lineout.  Still a true lineout as the signal does not pass by and is not amplified by the amp circuit.  The output is varied in the digital domain directly and would not result in any lost in SNR or any "double amping" effect unlike the AK100/120 that don't have a true lineout.

I find that when the volume is set to full it results in distortion through the line out. I prefer to keep it 5 ticks or so under max @250 or less.

I don't find any distortion with my line out at 255 with my unit... (when paired with International, Mass Kobo 385, Kojo KM01, or RSA 71B).   Are you sure it is not due to the output level too high causing the amp to clip?   I think one key advantage of having variable lineout is to avoid such clipping.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #2,861 of 18,652
This is a variable output lineout.  Still a true lineout as the signal does not pass by and is not amplified by the amp circuit.  The output is varied in the digital domain directly and would not result in any lost in SNR or any "double amping" effect unlike the AK100/120 that don't have a true

I would expect a line out to be fixed, the issue with a variable one is that it screws up your headphone setting because it also affects the output and they seem to output at different level so that is not helping. Nothing worse than going from a line out connection to your headphones with that high a volume. I'd have less of an issue with it if they were separately settable.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #2,862 of 18,652

Haha, don't get me wrong. I love this thing to death, and I have yet to encounter any major issues until today...when I was in a pissed off mood.

Well..it wasn't so much the waiting that killed me...it was the fact that the thing actually froze like that...twice..oh wait...three/four times.

You get the jist. When it does these things when you're not in a good mood, it tends to make you say stupid things. Get wit' it!

LOL. I know what you mean. It's human nature to complain at what's wrong and enjoy what's right silently! With all due respect to those who have had real serious problems, at least for my purposes the DX-50 has been fine with only occasional glitches. And what's good about the unit, to me, far outpoints what is not so good.

But I have the same problems at work. We have multi-hundred thousand $ broadcast audio consoles and the operators call us to look at "problems" that basically come down to "I don't want it to work this way, I want it to work that way". But it's designed to work "this" way. No matter how the manufacturer decides to implement things, folks will want it different...
redface.gif

Kevin

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,863 of 18,652
I don't find any distortion with my line out at 255 with my unit... (when paired with International, Mass Kobo 385, Kojo KM01, or RSA 71B).   Are you sure it is not due to the output level too high causing the amp to clip?   I think one key advantage of having variable lineout is to avoid such clipping.

Same here, no clipping in the lineout at volume 255. Feeding an ALO Rx-Mk3-B+.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #2,864 of 18,652
I would expect a line out to be fixed, the issue with a variable one is that it screws up your headphone setting because it also affects the output and they seem to output at different level so that is not helping. Nothing worse than going from a line out connection to your headphones with that high a volume. I'd have less of an issue with it if they were separately settable.

Yes.  It would be a good feature if they can separate the output level setting on the firmware for LO and HO, it was suggested by some users earlier already and hope they will implement this.  Ideally it would automatically switched to the LO output setting when it detect the jack is connected, and vice versa for the HO.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #2,865 of 18,652
Off topic, which one are you liking more the x3 or dx50. I ordered mine.

DX50. The x3 is fun and small but I prefer the sound of the 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back