The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,056 of 18,652

Is it possible to share (a segment) of the fie so we can all play the same file? This narrows the source of hiss down to whether it's a sensitive IEM thing or a specific device/batch issue.

Having said that, I'm certain that the hiss is not from my music files. The same level of hiss can be detected when music starts playing. The hiss remains when I pause the song, or when the DX50 is idling after starting up. Only hiss at phone out. Doesn't hiss when I connect to line out directly.

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2,057 of 18,652
The EMS tracker says my package has been in Guangzhou for 3 days... WTH. Anyone else in the same situation?

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #2,058 of 18,652

Yes I get that problem as well. The only time it's been able to recognize it was when I used the usb cable that was provided with the DX50. The one I usually use for devices with that kind of plug doesn't work which is quite strange.

With me mine won't mound no matter what cable I use. It's driving me batty

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #2,059 of 18,652

was there any text appeared on the screen when it failed? if possible why don't u take a pic of the screen when you determine the update 'failed', probably some of the guys could help to identify the problem.

ended up working, not sure how. I did a reset and now reads 1.1.6. Plus, it sounds great. looking forward to the flight tomorrow.

so i guess it just charges from any USB charger?

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #2,060 of 18,652
Initial impression on bass region was flat that was the sole reason im sending this back, maybe i was used to my sony x series. It was really hard for me to adapt to this new response and i realize portaphile627x along with my old rig was good enough for me. Also im having ear fatigue after short period of time with dx50. I find it real bright for my taste which i didnt have with my 8 hour average listening everyday on my preferred system.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #2,061 of 18,652
The DX50 pairs really well with my JVCs. I haven't taken them off for going on 3 hours now, lol.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #2,062 of 18,652
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but does anyone know what is the battery life with hires files, particularly 24/192? It will be good to know what is the percentage drop per 10 min play of 24/192 files. Can anyone help to test this?

My current rig of S3 and USB digital out to iBasso D55 via USB Recorder Pro app is just draining too fast - about 7% drop in battery every 10 min.

Many thanks!

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #2,063 of 18,652
Hi,

I asked this before with no reply so i'll try again. Anyone had the chance to listen to the DX50 with the SM3 V2's? Just wondering what the pairing is like. I've got one in the fourth batch coming so I just wanted to know!

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2,064 of 18,652
Received my 3rd batch DX50 today - FW at 1.1.5.

Quick question:  Is the gain adjustment supposed to increase the output level for a given set of earphones/headphones (doesn't appear to do anything with my Vsonic GR99)?  Or maybe I misunderstand what the gain switch is supposed to do.

Observations:  Max volume does not appear anywhere near what my J3 puts out.  Puzzled considering the specs of each.  Really like the EQ custom setting and sound quality is impressive so far - only listened a short while though.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #2,068 of 18,652

To clarify:

1)  I do hear a hiss with both the TG334 and the Heir 4AI.  Like everyone else, the hiss lessens on gain settings 2 and 3.  Almost non-existent on 3.
2)  There is no hiss with low noise floor amps like Pico Slim and Pico Power, the background is completely black.

God this thing sounds good amped, totally different beast.

Really? That makes me wanna buy an amp for it again :) my wallet is bleeding!

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #2,069 of 18,652
Guys... read the readme.txt....

image.png

:D

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #2,070 of 18,652
  Received my 3rd batch DX50 today - FW at 1.1.5.

Quick question:  Is the gain adjustment supposed to increase the output level for a given set of earphones/headphones (doesn't appear to do anything with my Vsonic GR99)?  Or maybe I misunderstand what the gain switch is supposed to do.

Observations:  Max volume does not appear anywhere near what my J3 puts out.  Puzzled considering the specs of each.  Really like the EQ custom setting and sound quality is impressive so far - only listened a short while though.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

With the DX50 on high gain it's max volume is pretty much equal with my J3.  The only thing I can think of is make sure you're plugged into the headphone output and not one of the others.  I had to put on my reading glasses to read the little printing on mine it's so small and make sure the plug is fully inserted.  The jacks on this thing are extremely tight.  Hope you figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back