The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #16,471 of 18,652
Maybe it`s because I use exactly same file name for cue sheet and flac file.

That might be my problem...I'll check it out later.Thanks.

I embed everything I can into the file. Artwork, cuesheet, etc. But I keep a separate cue sheet and a cover image as well, just in case.

I'm also using Soundunlocked 1.3.3 in flac mode. I went back to stock and it just didn't sound as good.

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #16,472 of 18,652
  That might be my problem...I'll check it out later.Thanks.

I embed everything I can into the file. Artwork, cuesheet, etc. But I keep a separate cue sheet and a cover image as well, just in case.

I'm also using Soundunlocked 1.3.3 in flac mode. I went back to stock and it just didn't sound as good.

CoiL - Right on! Thank you for the suggestion. It turns out Foobar was creating cue sheets that didn't match exactly...had an extra space. So when I fixed the problem, my cue sheets worked perfectly on the DX50.

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #16,473 of 18,652

Please contact us at the email in my signature. We want your DX50 to work and for you to enjoy the music.

Paul, I'm glad your company is looking out for its customers. The issues early customers had were concerning but it's good to know that in the end you will make it right should anything go wrong. That was enough for me to place a DX50 on order; should be taking delivery by Wednesday
biggrin.gif
. I know there are other players out there but the DX50 "ticks all the boxes". 

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #16,474 of 18,652
  Paul, I'm glad your company is looking out for its customers. The issues early customers had were concerning but it's good to know that in the end you will make it right should anything go wrong. That was enough for me to place a DX50 on order; should be taking delivery by Wednesday
biggrin.gif

Can't fault the team at iBasso - outstanding customer service.

Had to send my 3.5 year D6 back for a new headphone jack and they stated it was a free service. All emails were answered within 24 hours. Can't get any better than that.

Now, if only they had more products!!

In hindsight I should have got the DX90 over the FIIO X5 which I have recently sold.

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #16,475 of 18,652
biggrin.gif

I am glad we are helping you enjoy the music. That is our goal and always has been.

Can't fault the team at iBasso - outstanding customer service.

Had to send my 3.5 year D6 back for a new headphone jack and they stated it was a free service. All emails were answered within 24 hours. Can't get any better than that.

Now, if only they had more products!!

In hindsight I should have got the DX90 over the FIIO X5 which I have recently sold.

We try to make repairs as painless as possible. FiiO is a good company also. In this world of stress music is something that can bring us together.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 8, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #16,476 of 18,652
Hi guys, just would like to ask what's the consensus on the sq of dx50 vs dx90 with the dx50 on rockbox? Is it closer compared to stock firmware? Planning to buy either one, will be my first dap, using iphone and ipod... I can get the dx90, but thinking if i could save a bit and settle for th dx50? Is dx50+e12 a good combination? Someone is selling me the dx50/e12 for uSd260, and the dx90 for $327, both used for around five months... Just wondering which is a good buy for me, will use then on a tf10 and hd25-1ii thanks in advance :)

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #16,477 of 18,652
Btw just a feature suggestion Paul: make the lock button turn off the screen when switch on and turn on the screen when switch off, or better yet give us the option to change the lock button behaviour. That would be great since I rarely use the lock button, while the power button is abused alot.

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #16,478 of 18,652
Just press the power button once shortly and screen will turn off. Act opposite and it turns on. I don`t understand why it needs to be under lock button?
rolleyes.gif
 Much harder to mess with that lock button sliding.

But feature I would like to have in FW is - pre-stored volume level options for IEM / Headphones / Line out.
Holding down that volume button to get right vol switching from speakers to IEM is just annoying! 
I would see it like this: When You press vol button the usual vol "disc" appears but at the corners of that screen are 4 options - IEM, HP, LO and mute.

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #16,479 of 18,652
  Just press the power button once shortly and screen will turn off. Act opposite and it turns on. I don`t understand why it needs to be under lock button?
rolleyes.gif
 Much harder to mess with that lock button sliding.

But feature I would like to have in FW is - pre-stored volume level options for IEM / Headphones / Line out.
Holding down that volume button to get right vol switching from speakers to IEM is just annoying! 
I would see it like this: When You press vol button the usual vol "disc" appears but at the corners of that screen are 4 options - IEM, HP, LO and mute.

Well as I said above it spare the power button a lot of presses so it will last longer. I mean the thing is still usable without the lock button (heck I rarely use it anw), while an useless power button pretty much means a bricked DX50. BTW +1 for the volume level.

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #16,480 of 18,652
Mar 9, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #16,481 of 18,652
Mar 9, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #16,483 of 18,652
Silly question, to which I probably know the answer to as well, but if I install the new FW, will I then lose the dual boot Rockbox?

Im not sure how you go about updating the stock firmware when you are dual-booting with Rockbox. I would try asking in the Rockbox thread. Although, someone will probably respond to you here sometime later today.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #16,484 of 18,652
Main question - How about sound?
rolleyes.gif

1. I don`t care about EQ.
2. no problems with that.
3. Again, don`t care about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back