The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #826 of 1,041
Runs Android 13, so I assume you can install streaming apps. It is a limited functionality player, only has 3.5mm output and I suspect a cutdown audio performance. I mean, you can get something like DX260 :) But if you want to disconnect yourself from a smartphone and not to be bothered with emalls, txts, notifications, I would rather get a different "cut down" source instead of selling DC Elite. Just my 2c. Btw, I should get M300 for review soon. But like I said, only looking at it as a cheap ($199) small digital wifi source to drive external dongles and hopefully to be able to use iBasso app with it.
The M300 may not have enough juice to drive the Elite (been reading varying reports of battery life being good and mediocre at the same time) or you can always get the CB19 cable from Ibasso to power the Elite with a portable charger.

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #827 of 1,041
The M300 may not have enough juice to drive the Elite (been reading varying reports of battery life being good and mediocre at the same time) or you can always get the CB19 cable from Ibasso to power the Elite with a portable charger.
Just found this in the comments section of Prime Audio Reviews YT Review:
A few questions if you don't mind:
1. Can it be used as a transport?
2. Actual battery life for bluetooth and transport use?, not sure what uptime means.
3. I have the Sony NW-A55, it only has single ended at 75mw but can power most of my iems very well, maybe output voltage is lower on the Hiby?

@PrimeAudioReviews
1. I don't think so. I tried it with a dongle DAC and couldn't get it to work.
2. AFAIK uptime means continuous playback.
3. Probably.

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #828 of 1,041
Does anybody have problems with the dc-04 pro just cutting out suddenly? Am using it on a Google Pixel 6a. Usually it works but sometimes it just cuts out. The phone is still playing but no sound from the dongle. It very predictably happens whenever I travel on the train, and usually not in other situations. Today it happened during a walk. It had worked perfectly for over an hour but suddenly same symptoms. By the time I got home it worked again. Could there be some sort of interference stopping the dongle from working or is it a phone specific problem? It is not the cable connection, that works just fine and is snug.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #829 of 1,041
2. Actual battery life for bluetooth and transport use?, not sure what uptime means.
3. I have the Sony NW-A55, it only has single ended at 75mw but can power most of my iems very well, maybe output voltage is lower on the Hiby?

@PrimeAudioReviews
3. Probably.
There’s another option in the Sony NWA-306 btw. Same-ish size, Android 13 as well.

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #830 of 1,041

@PrimeAudioReviews
3. Probably.

Not really sure what review you referring to, but it so happened that I just received M300 and have no issues using it with DC Elite. Loaded the app and streaming now Amazon HD. Need to spend more time with it, compare to other sources, but it's a small $199 dap so I have realistic expectations :)

1709069598739.png

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #831 of 1,041
Not really sure what review you referring to, but it so happened that I just received M300 and have no issues using it with DC Elite. Loaded the app and streaming now Amazon HD. Need to spend more time with it, compare to other sources, but it's a small $199 dap so I have realistic expectations :)

1709069598739.png
Great, i have a couple questions as im planning to get the M300 to use it with the Elite. Does it sound as good as from a smartphone? How long the battery lasts with the Elite? Any answers will be very appreciated!

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #832 of 1,041
Great, i have a couple questions as im planning to get the M300 to use it with the Elite. Does it sound as good as from a smartphone? How long the battery lasts with the Elite? Any answers will be very appreciated!
For me, I have found that from a dap, the DC Elite sounds even better. The D16 and the Elite are both unbelievable products.

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #833 of 1,041
For me, I have found that from a dap, the DC Elite sounds even better. The D16 and the Elite are both unbelievable products.
I personally cant hear any difference either from a smartphone or PC but i can hear slightly more analytical sound from usb on the sp1000 and i prefer listening from the smartphone. I dont like the sp1000 as usb dac anyways, its nowhere near as good as from its phone outputs. So for me its enough if the M300 will be as decent as my Samsung s20.

Feb 27, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #834 of 1,041
Currently using the DC Elite with the Hiby RS2 as transport. Loving the sound and dual card slots. Not streaming on the go so non-Android is not an issue

01.jpg

02.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #835 of 1,041
@RIGATIO have you tried the DC-Elite connected to the PA10? If so, with what results? I was thinking about it...

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #836 of 1,041
@RIGATIO have you tried the DC-Elite connected to the PA10? If so, with what results? I was thinking about it...
Yep, it sounded great- heavier mid/subbass punch and warmer hights. The holography gained another level, the effect of everything playing outside the head was stronger, like really amazing. Great pairing overall.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #838 of 1,041
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #840 of 1,041
purebliss.jpg

...pure bliss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back