The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Feb 14, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #691 of 1,061
nah, battery is ok. it also happens, when its plugged in, no matter if used as dac in mango or whatever. must be some serious issue. asked ibasso for a repair, waitin for answer.
Give them some time to reply as the CNY holidays are on

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #693 of 1,061
bigger and bolder, but as detailed, analogue and sophisticated? i didnt hear it that way, but could be me for sure
The detail and dynamics were amazing, agree but it was very analytical, dry, raw and had blurred central image. Also the bass was rather light. The dx300 was less exciting but definitely more analog, wide, precise and mature sounding. That's how I remembered both devices.

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #694 of 1,061
I have not owned nor do I own the DX200, DX220 and DX300 but I can make a small comparison between the DX220 Max which I still use and the DC-Elite. Obviously what I will write only respects my opinion. Maybe, just maybe the DX220 Max remains slightly more detailed than the DC-Elite but I'm not sure if it's not just a more vivid representation of detail than the more controlled one of the DC-Elite. The DX220 Max shoots details more in your face than the DC-Elite, but perhaps in terms of quantity they are comparable. That the DX220 Max is the more analytical of the two is objective, but ultimately, honestly, that's not what I look for in music. The balance, knowing how to place the frequencies in the right way in relation to the others, the balance, the search to avoid excesses, but at the same time not wanting to empty the sound of its technicalities is all that I find different in the DC-Elite and I appreciate . Let's be clear, neither with the DX220 Max nor with the DC-Elite I feel tired when listening (which often happens with DACs with extreme detail) and this is an excellent thing... a few years have passed but probably the work that it was done not in the even more exasperated search for details but in the right way of presenting them. A bit like what is happening with the PULA PA02... of course there are IEMs with better bass, just as there are IEMs with wider soundstages or with deeper and more precise details. All this, however, does nothing but confirm that we have found a special iem and not so much for a single quality, but rather for the entire performance package... starting from the tonality, the balance and ending with the ease of driving and with a impedance high enough not to put any DAP in difficulty... not even the loudest ones. Now I think we're moving towards finishing work rather than pure and simple performance, but which sometimes doesn't fully represent the overall enjoyment that comes from it. The DC-Elite like the PA02 goes in the direction of customer tastes that the companies have been able to grasp and follow... as well as representing an incontestable unattainable value if the price/performance ratio is taken into account.

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #696 of 1,061
I have not owned nor do I own the DX200, DX220 and DX300 but I can make a small comparison between the DX220 Max which I still use and the DC-Elite. Obviously what I will write only respects my opinion. Maybe, just maybe the DX220 Max remains slightly more detailed than the DC-Elite but I'm not sure if it's not just a more vivid representation of detail than the more controlled one of the DC-Elite. The DX220 Max shoots details more in your face than the DC-Elite, but perhaps in terms of quantity they are comparable. That the DX220 Max is the more analytical of the two is objective, but ultimately, honestly, that's not what I look for in music. The balance, knowing how to place the frequencies in the right way in relation to the others, the balance, the search to avoid excesses, but at the same time not wanting to empty the sound of its technicalities is all that I find different in the DC-Elite and I appreciate . Let's be clear, neither with the DX220 Max nor with the DC-Elite I feel tired when listening (which often happens with DACs with extreme detail) and this is an excellent thing... a few years have passed but probably the work that it was done not in the even more exasperated search for details but in the right way of presenting them. A bit like what is happening with the PULA PA02... of course there are IEMs with better bass, just as there are IEMs with wider soundstages or with deeper and more precise details. All this, however, does nothing but confirm that we have found a special iem and not so much for a single quality, but rather for the entire performance package... starting from the tonality, the balance and ending with the ease of driving and with a impedance high enough not to put any DAP in difficulty... not even the loudest ones. Now I think we're moving towards finishing work rather than pure and simple performance, but which sometimes doesn't fully represent the overall enjoyment that comes from it. The DC-Elite like the PA02 goes in the direction of customer tastes that the companies have been able to grasp and follow... as well as representing an incontestable unattainable value if the price/performance ratio is taken into account.
great write up, thank you! much appreciate!

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #697 of 1,061
After almost 1 month with the Elite i can certainly say that its a warmish source. A romantic neutral/warmish sounding dongle with fantastic imaging and a very airy and grand soundstage.
The IFI Zen Dac V2 which is a warm source still has a drier and more anlytical trebles, where the Elite is more controlled, sophisticated and delicate, especially in the treble area.
The Elite is never analytical but still maintains a bit of dryness to the sound to be on a neutral and uncolored side. It has a very natural and polite trebles and never becomes fatiguing. The bass is very articulate and precise, amazing device.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #698 of 1,061
After almost 1 month with the Elite i can certainly say that its a warmish source. A romantic neutral/warmish sounding dongle with fantastic imaging and a very airy and grand soundstage.
The IFI Zen Dac V2 which is a warm source still has a drier and more anlytical trebles, where the Elite is more controlled, sophisticated and delicate, especially in the treble area.
The Elite is never analytical but still maintains a bit of dryness to the sound to be on a neutral and uncolored side. It has a very natural and polite trebles and never becomes fatiguing. The bass is very articulate and precise, amazing device.

Absolutely living up to the hype so far. You guys were right! Spacious with great techs, and a subtle, delicate musical character that sorta reminds me of a slightly brighter and more spacious Mojo 2. Although I haven't heard Mojo 2 in a while, but I had been considering getting again. I think I will just wait for Mojo 3 maybe. But yeah, DC Elite is epic. Not nearly as convenient to use in a small mobile setup as the FC6(not much is), but I like how it sounds a bit better. This thing is almost a transportable dongle, if there were such a thing haha. I still expect to use it a ton, because sound quality > convenience.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #699 of 1,061
I received my DC Elite today, still honeymoon period but easy improvement over my previous dc04 pro - spacious sound and massive but also controlled low end. On the practical side, immediate irritation is the stiffnes of the volume wheel. I got a habit to keep the portables in the pocket on the go and to be able to easily increase volume by putting the finger and touching while I am walking. Wont be possible here :) I also received the custom volume knobs from Aliexpress so I will try those too. Positive start overall :)

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #700 of 1,061
By the way how to properly replace the volume wheel? tried a simple pull upwards but it doesn't move

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #701 of 1,061
By the way how to properly replace the volume wheel? tried a simple pull upwards but it doesn't move
Insert your nails on both sides where you reach it and uncork it like a bottle using equal pressure, it's probably glued like mine. :wink:

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #702 of 1,061
The DC-Elite shows such deep and textured detail with the Mest MKII that it makes other dongles look like objects from the last century... lol

P.S. To get an idea of what it can do, try listening to Moonchild, the fourth song from the album "In the court of the Krimson King" by King Krimson

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #703 of 1,061
I owe a very big “thank you” to Polky74, for both the info like this one and all the PM we exchanged.
Waiting for my DC-Elite and Pula PA02…😉

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #705 of 1,061
So which one according to you has a better soundstage, dynamics, and detail, Ibasso DC Elite or Ibasso Dx300? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back